Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just one question. Are there any pay to win aspects in the game?

gamishigamishi Member UncommonPosts: 31
As soon as I get the answer i ll start playing the game *^*.
thanks in advance.

Comments

• ToNy87ToNy87 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Yeah, is basically pay to win. To craft the best weapons (Probability wise) you need to use an item from the cash shop, you could buy it from other people that bought it in the shop but there is already a pay wall there. It is boring at the beginning then it gets sorta fun with the dungeons but when you get to  end game pvp if there is a cash whale in the battleground  then there is pretty much nothing you can do hehe. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I tried revelation online I somewhat liked the story, but the fact that "Game Packages are locked to each character, and you can't use your items across all characters when you buy a package, as well as the gold spammers I choose to uninstall the game.
  • DesralDesral Member UncommonPosts: 31
    If you want to be competitive in Revelation Online, there are two ways to play:
    1. Log in every single day and dedicate 6-8 hours to dailies and farming, ala classic MMOs.
    2. Take out a credit card.

Every single aspect of this game is pay to win. Gear refinement, special skill daos, venerations (hidden gear stats), exalts (gear 'affixes'), the soul grid, marks, mount access, wing access -- everything. In addition, the strongest players will always benefit the most, because most weekly events have leaderboards.  The better you score, the better your prize. Eventually, all of this snowballs, and anyone who hasn't been keeping up has very little chance of reaching the top.

Also, the content that isn't directly pay-to-win (world bosses come to mind) is almost exclusively attached to PvP. In other words, if you're not one of the strongest guilds (filled with #1 or #2 above), you're not getting access. PvP is a huge aspect in this game, and horribly unbalanced. A couple of high-rank marks are literally the difference between hitting two digits with your attacks or hitting four.

Highly, highly advise people looking for a casual MMO stay away -- UNLESS you only enjoy and want to stay with PVE. Otherwise, be prepared to grind. Hard. Or spend a couple hundred.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    I am quite surprised to actually see such a question in this day and age.

The answer for almost any MMO out there today is the same as the answer for "is the Pope in Rome Catholic", "is water wet", and other such self evident truths.

Now in some games its more about paying for advantage vs P2W but if cash shop "godz" are dominating the end game PVP  then this title is very likely P2W.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon