Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Monthly Development Reports

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    did this thread really start 2 years ago? lmao
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Moxom914 said:
    Yes!  Since early 2014 anytime the official site posts something, Erillion copies it and posts it here.  I think they pay him to use this site as their official backup site, LOL.
    LoveRemovalMachinechronoss2015
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Yes!  Since early 2014 anytime the official site posts something, Erillion copies it and posts it here.  I think they pay him to use this site as their official backup site, LOL.
    i did notice the dude is a total freak for a game thats been "in the making" for what it seems is an eternity
    LoveRemovalMachinechronoss2015
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> I think they pay him >>>

Nope ....

my "fee" is seeing a sci-fi sandbox game growing. And I have waited for something like that ever since SWG switched off the lights.

Have fun

I am sure in 2022 when the game actually launches it will be great.  It is interesting to see if he can keep his interest up that long.  He has been doing it for 3 years now and seems like he enjoys it.  I guess we all need something in our life to make it meaningful.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

this game (if it ever launches) can never live up to the hype now. gonna be alot of fanbois upset
    WalkinGlennLoveRemovalMachine
    Moxom914 said:
    i did notice the dude is a total freak for a game thats been "in the making" for what it seems is an eternity
    Actually a development time of 5-8 years is typical for Triple-A games like that.

It may seem like an "eternity" to some because they are used to hear about almost finished games a few months before the launch date, never knowing that people have been working on it for half a decade already. If one watches such a game grow from day 1, it seems to take longer than usual ... but that is a false impression.

Have fun
    LoveRemovalMachine
    I think you underestimate the ability of humans as a species to make excuses for things we love.  No matter what condition the game launches in, Erillion will love it.  It is sort of like having a child who robs a store.  You understand your child has issues but you still love him and make excuses for him.

Erillion said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Actually a development time of 5-8 years is typical for Triple-A games like that.

It may seem like an "eternity" to some because they are used to hear about almost finished games a few months before the launch date, never knowing that people have been working on it for half a decade already. If one watches such a game grow from day 1, it seems to take longer than usual ... but that is a false impression.

Have fun
    Or it could be the two year time frame that was given at the start of the project in 2012...   :)

>>>
    this game (if it ever launches) can never live up to the hype now. gonna be alot of fanbois upset
    >>>

Amongst 1,8 million supporters there will always be some people that are upset.

You cannot satisfy the expectations of 100 % of the people 100 % of the time when some of those expectations are mutually exclusive.

Its like with all the other games. Some will love it, some will bitch and moan.

Have fun

LoveRemovalMachine
    Talonsin said:
    Or it could be the two year time frame that was given at the start of the project in 2012...   :)
    Yeah. The time frame that was already obsolete at the end of the Kickstarter campaign in 2012 and that some fools will still quote years after the game launched.

Have fun
    LoveRemovalMachine
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    Yeah. The time frame that was already obsolete at the end of the Kickstarter campaign in 2012 and that some fools will still quote years after the game launched.

Have fun
    you're dedicated. i'll give you that. 
    no way on gods green earth will i have that much faith in a game that i've never played yet. nor would i ever give money to it. hell to the no
    edited May 2017
    Moxom914 said:
    you're dedicated. i'll give you that. 
    no way on gods green earth will i have that much faith in a game that i've never played yet. nor would i ever give money to it. hell to the no

You never played it yet - i do. And there are free fly weekends where anyone can try it out for free.

I am playing the Alpha version almost daily. And sending in bug reports ... active backer playtesting participation, on topics listed in the SC Issue Council.

I put my money and - more importantly - my time where my mouth is when I say i want a new sci-fi sandbox game. And i actively help to make SC better, finding bugs and helping with balancing.

Have fun
    Moxom914LoveRemovalMachine
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:

I am playing the Alpha version almost daily. 

Considering how little there is to do in the game, this is astonishing.
    I think you're much more easily satisfied than the average gamer.
    Moxom914kikoodutroa8

..Cake..

edited May 2017
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:

I am playing the Alpha version almost daily. 

Considering how little there is to do in the game, this is astonishing.
    I think you're much more easily satisfied than the average gamer.
    Or I have better friends in SC than the average gamer - friends which help make almost every gaming day a nice experience.

A sandbox game is what YOU make of it. If people want a spoon-fed story and strict level progression, there are dozens of other MMO's out there for those people to play.

Have fun
    BabuinixLoveRemovalMachine
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    When you don't follow the game closely or haven't dedicated yourself to actually play it and test all the ships, mechanics you will have a hard time understanding why people already praise this game so much.
    LoveRemovalMachine
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Erillion said:
    A sandbox game is what YOU make of it. If people want a spoon-fed story and strict level progression, there are dozens of other MMO's out there for those people to play.
    Now that is true, on the current way it is setup the amount of gameplay you can get from it is what you make of it to be.

Playing with friends on whatever we feel like doing is what I also do. Shenanigans are fun! 
    LoveRemovalMachine
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    >>>

Amongst 1,8 million** supporters there will always be some people that are upset.

You cannot satisfy the expectations of 100 % of the people 100 % of the time when some of those expectations are mutually exclusive.

Have fun

**subject to inflation and misreporting
    Moxom914LoveRemovalMachine
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    >>>

Amongst 1,8 million** supporters there will always be some people that are upset.

Have fun

aww c'mon now. the game has been in "development" for what, 20 years now? let em have his 1.8 million. 
    ScotchUpBabuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Moxom914 said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    >>>

Have fun

aww c'mon now. the game has been in "development" for what, 20 years now? let em have his 1.8 million. 

More like 40 years, Chris Roberts has been conjuring Star Citizen since he first saw Star Wars (1977) :D
    LoveRemovalMachine
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15951-Monthly-Studio-Report-May-2017  

Monthly Report for May 2017

All studios are working hard on Alpha 3.0 patch, pushing ahead in character animation, AI, audio, mission design, planetary surfaces etc.

Have fun

adamlotus75Vikingir
    edited August 2017
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16043-Monthly-Studio-Report-July-2017

Monthly Report for July  2017

A lot of cool new input from all the studios worldwide. Personally i am usually most fascinated by the "world building" going on in the Frankfurt office.

Have fun

PS:
    Report for June 2017

Vikingir
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16158-Monthly-Studio-Report-September-2017

Monthly Report for September  2017

New input from all the studios worldwide. CitizenCon 2017 is around the corner.

Have fun

edited December 2017
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16294-Monthly-Studio-Report-November-2017

Monthly Report for November  2017

Reports from all CIG studios, especially about Alpha 3.0

Have fun

PS:
    GamesCom reports = October Monthly Report.

Babuinix
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Monthly report with more mentions of SQ42 now, work switching focus to it with 3.0 finally wrapping up.

Will be interesting to finally see the gameplay loop of the SP campaign, been quite a while