Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First!

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    MaxBacon said:
    I'm going to own WTF the way GDemani owns LOL.

He got reset like us all, so all his hard work troll-LOL'ing the entire MMORPG.com was in vain. Gotta start all over again heh?
    That trolloling.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    DMKano said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    MikeB said:
    Well, for the agree/disagree button, on a more serious post...

We have insightful, awesome and LOL as all positive posts. Some here think LOL is bad (but now we have the WTF button), but it means you made someone laugh or/and the post was funny. So we have 3 positives and 1 negative. 

Insightful is a good one, as it means the post was knowledgeable or/and someone learned something from it.

Awesome is as it says, a freakin awesome post man

LOL means the post was funny

WTF is the negative one, and it means the post is bad and you probably triggered someone and could be seen as the "disagree" button, it kinda serves the same purpose.

We don't really have a way to "agree" with a post with just a button. None of the above 3 positive ones really match up.

However, a disagree button would be hilarious. Drive-by disagree like I posted the other day. Oh boy would that annoy people. But in terms of forum usage, I think that be abused by trolls (I would! At least I'm honest lol) and make more people annoyed and not use the forum. It would be hilarious to see all the people triggered by it, because someone is bound to start ranting and raging cause someone did a drive-by disagree. But I dunno how helpful that is to the actual forum in the long run. 
    Disagree will never be a thing.  I'm not a huge fan of WTF, either, but we can trial it out and see how it goes if you guys really want to keep it.

Yep WTF is immature and doesnt belong on these forums. it needs to go.
    If any of them could be insulting it would be LOL. WTF is more like "triggered". Having a WTF moment just means you and that other person are completely disconnected in perspective. How is that insulting? But I suppose anything can be twisted around. Don't be such a curmudgeon.

I have used LOL a ton for funny posts.

WTF has zero use to me, so I dont see any point to having it.

It is litterally useless to WTF a post.

WTF is nothing like triggered IMO.

WTF example:  someone replying detailed steps on changing an alternator on a 2007 civic, when the questions was about video cards.

So WTF is pretty much an edge case scenario so why even have it?

I've used them all at one time or another... plus people could always type them in instead of clicking a tab.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    DMKano said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    MikeB said:
    Well, for the agree/disagree button, on a more serious post...

We have insightful, awesome and LOL as all positive posts. Some here think LOL is bad (but now we have the WTF button), but it means you made someone laugh or/and the post was funny. So we have 3 positives and 1 negative. 

Insightful is a good one, as it means the post was knowledgeable or/and someone learned something from it.

Awesome is as it says, a freakin awesome post man

LOL means the post was funny

WTF is the negative one, and it means the post is bad and you probably triggered someone and could be seen as the "disagree" button, it kinda serves the same purpose.

We don't really have a way to "agree" with a post with just a button. None of the above 3 positive ones really match up.

However, a disagree button would be hilarious. Drive-by disagree like I posted the other day. Oh boy would that annoy people. But in terms of forum usage, I think that be abused by trolls (I would! At least I'm honest lol) and make more people annoyed and not use the forum. It would be hilarious to see all the people triggered by it, because someone is bound to start ranting and raging cause someone did a drive-by disagree. But I dunno how helpful that is to the actual forum in the long run. 
    Disagree will never be a thing.  I'm not a huge fan of WTF, either, but we can trial it out and see how it goes if you guys really want to keep it.

Yep WTF is immature and doesnt belong on these forums. it needs to go.
    If any of them could be insulting it would be LOL. WTF is more like "triggered". Having a WTF moment just means you and that other person are completely disconnected in perspective. How is that insulting? But I suppose anything can be twisted around. Don't be such a curmudgeon.

I have used LOL a ton for funny posts.

WTF has zero use to me, so I dont see any point to having it.

It is litterally useless to WTF a post.

WTF is nothing like triggered IMO.

WTF example:  someone replying detailed steps on changing an alternator on a 2007 civic, when the questions was about video cards.

So WTF is pretty much an edge case scenario so why even have it?

I've used them all at one time or another... plus people could always type them in instead of clicking a tab.
    And ignore them... I mean.. who really goes and scrolls back through a thread to count the LOLs or Agrees he gets?  If you actually do that... It would be WTF worthy!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

How about making a button for IGNORE?  Then it could prompt "This Thread" or "Forever"

I'd never use it, but if you make it simple for people to self-censor content they object to we'd probably have many less hurt feelings.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Did they have to put a :hover on all of their styles? It's kind of weird, and I'm sure hell for mobile users. (the command works like a click action, have to double click hover action links... Can't really get past this flaw with exception of scripts.)

Other than that and new forum software, doesn't seem like anything different was done. And the reaction counters are seriously broken... change the margin...
     .example {position:absolute;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px; }
    Sovrath
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited May 2017

edit: nvm that only applies to the quote button because the others disappear til you hover over them. So the 2nd and 3rd wont be seen my bad. 
    The people who have signatures show the people who reacted on the top line of sig.  and those w/o a signature show the reactions behind the reaction and quote buttons.
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I don't see the issue with "disagree" it's ok to disagree with someone. WTF is a bit over the top.

I would rather have "disagree" than "WTF".
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711[Deleted User]Asheramxyzercrime
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Forums are for discussion when things get out of hand then moderators step in.  Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone's point of view.  I understand they want to keep the negativity to a minimum but if you don't provide an outlet the posters will create one.  

If I disagree with someone I can just click that tab and move on.  If it's not there and I want to share that I disagree then I have to post something which will be a lot more than just posting 'I disagree with that', imo.
    Slapshot1188

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Nyctelios said:
    But you agreeing or disagreeing with something is not healthy for a discussion.

The reasons why you agree or disagree is what moves it forward.

Pressing a button is kinda a "one-sided" method of response that doesn't help even the poster. If badges and all the meta-game it had is not a thing anymore I say remove all buttons and just let the post numbers appears.
    Agreed, I think this sort of stuff can fall highly on non-discussion. There's no contribution what-so-ever to said discussion at the end.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Funny how that word "first" brings so much reaction from so many....I imagine millions, if not billions, have been made in this industry because of that word.
    Slapshot1188
    edited May 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

Pressing a button is kinda a "one-sided" method of response that doesn't help even the poster. If badges and all the meta-game it had is not a thing anymore I say remove all buttons and just let the post numbers appears.
    Agreed, I think this sort of stuff can fall highly on non-discussion. There's no contribution what-so-ever to said discussion at the end.
    I disagree.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Funny how that word "first" brings so much reaction from so many....I imagine millions, if not billions, have been made in this industry because of that word.
    I do know how to get a reaction :)
    Asheram

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sal1 said:
    Upgraded forums? 
    I agree...WHERE?This site went months as a non secure website,way too slow to react,a piss poor effort.Years where the site could not figure out paragraphs,sometimes bumbling several sentences into one giant lump of words.
    So seems the priorities here are severely lacking on what this site really needs.

Gaming articles/content this is what this site should be focusing on.
    When some developer comers forth,stick their AGENDA in the advertising section.Keep the articles AWAY from advertising agenda,in other words ,quit the bullshit.NOBODY likes disguised partnered advertising click bait and it is VERY obvious when it happens.

So spend some effort into turning this site around and get it moving towards a Quality gaming website.
    Right now it is the users providing 90% of the content,the site is supplying 90% of the click bait.

Integrity,gaming,honesty,NO BS agenda,make this site proud and lose all the nonsense.
    Iselin[Deleted User]Scorchien

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wizardry said:
    Sal1 said:
    Upgraded forums? 
    I agree...WHERE?This site went months as a non secure website,way too slow to react,a piss poor effort.Years where the site could not figure out paragraphs,sometimes bumbling several sentences into one giant lump of words.
    So seems the priorities here are severely lacking on what this site really needs.

Gaming articles/content this is what this site should be focusing on.
    When some developer comers forth,stick their AGENDA in the advertising section.Keep the articles AWAY from advertising agenda,in other words ,quit the bullshit.NOBODY likes disguised partnered advertising click bait and it is VERY obvious when it happens.

So spend some effort into turning this site around and get it moving towards a Quality gaming website.
    Right now it is the users providing 90% of the content,the site is supplying 90% of the click bait.

Integrity,gaming,honesty,NO BS agenda,make this site proud and lose all the nonsense.

oHhhh  Hot Dam ... !!   Now i see why they added the WTF button .... here ya go Wizardry
    xyzercrimepostlarval
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Nyctelios said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

I disagree.
    The paradox. Is so real!
    See? It still contributed more to the thread than just clicking a "Disagree" reaction.

We all know on the internet everybody is always right about everything so agree to disagree is just a mere illusion, we shall disagree on internet forums until the end of times.
    Asheram
    edited May 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

I disagree.
    The paradox. Is so real!
    See? It still contributed more to the thread than just clicking a "Disagree" reaction.

We all know on the internet everybody is always right about everything so agree to disagree is just a mere illusion, we shall disagree on internet forums until the end of times.
    I bet the reason you dont want it is because you cant counter it, there's no way to disagree with the one disagreeing with you in a reaction.
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

I disagree.
    The paradox. Is so real!

I bet the reason you dont want it is because you cant counter it, there's no way to disagree with the one disagreeing with you in a reaction.
    That's the beauty of WTF.. it has many different uses!

edited May 2017
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

I disagree.
    The paradox. Is so real!

I mean lets say there was a disagree button and I clicked this post with it all you could do is type my name in a reply asking why I disagreed if you were so inclined to want to know why. But if I made a reply saying that I disagreed you could reply back. 
    Asheram said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

I disagree.
    The paradox. Is so real!

I mean lets say there was a disagree button and I clicked this post with it all you could do is type my name in a reply asking why I disagreed if you were so inclined to want to know why. But if I made a reply saying that I disagreed you could reply back. 
    You guys take the clicks too seriously :)  Honestly, I can pretty much guarantee that I wouldn't go back and check to see if you disagreed with one of my posts... or LOLed.. or WTF.. or anything else.  

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Asheram said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Asheram said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nyctelios said:

I disagree.
    The paradox. Is so real!

You guys take the clicks too seriously :)  Honestly, I can pretty much guarantee that I wouldn't go back and check to see if you disagreed with one of my posts... or LOLed.. or WTF.. or anything else.  

I would still like to Lobby for STFU button , i see at least 6 times i would have hit it in this thread alone :)
    Slapshot1188Asherambartoni33
    The lack of English comprehension is strong with these ones...

Agreeing or disagreeing is the basis of an argument. Or what the younguns these days call "conversation." Not the same thing. Difference is in definition two of argument. An argument is formal, a conversation is not. An argument between multiple parties is called a convention. 

ar·gu·ment
    ˈärɡyəmənt/
    noun
    1. 1.
      an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
      "I've had an argument with my father"
    2. 2.
      a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

con·ver·sa·tion
      ˌkänvərˈsāSH(ə)n/
      noun
      1. the informal exchange of ideas by spoken words.
        "the two men were deep in conversation"
    Slapshot1188postlarval[Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I think if there was to be a WTF button, having it renamed to "disagree" sounds more polite and better. The WTF doesn't really even fit the theme of the other buttons anyway, I guess maybe LOL sort of, but not really.

I've pretty much sided with DMKano on this one, the WTF doesn't really provide anything meaningful. The LOL doesn't really either, but at least people know the post is funny or something, like a comedy post. But WTF is kinda douchey and troll-like response. Granted, I'd use "disagree" as a troll button anyway as well if that was a thing :lol: but still, "disagree" is more like the drive-by troll response, and WTF is just the normal douchey troll that stalks the internet response

With that said...there are definitely some WTF posts and threads out there...but "disagree" would work in far more situations and wouldn't really be that "negative", but probably get overused. Always lots of people that disagree with others lol. 

Sovrathxyzercrime

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited May 2017
    I don't know, I think it works perfectly. Just gave an example. And got one. 
    Can't WTF myself though. So sad. 
    Slapshot1188
  • 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Meddle said:
    Hey... no more agree or insightful!

Working on it!
    What are them for actually?

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2017
    I will use the WTF button exclusively for anything that Wizardry posts. I mean, the way the button was intended to be used :D

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scorchienpostlarvalwaynejr2[Deleted User]bartoni33
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer