Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting a spam block on editing my post

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
It says how long I have to wait to post after editing...and says something to the affect of "I posted 1 time, wait x amount of time to post again". And all I literally did was post once and then edit my thread, and it counted as spam for some reason. But the edit still goes through on my thread/post.

This is the whole message

"You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again."

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited May 2017
    I get this all the time and it's irritating. It seems to happen if you try to edit the same post either too many times period (maybe more than 2?) or too many times in a short period of time. For me even if I've read my post a few times before hitting "Post Comment", it's just far easier to edit myself and add/change things after it's been posted and I can read it again then. So I edit a lot of things on a lot of sites after the fact. But lately here it just won't let me do much.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Does it occur mostly when starting a new thread, or is it even just responding to others?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Kyleran said:

Does it occur mostly when starting a new thread, or is it even just responding to others?

Well, it happened when I made a new thread. But then like Leiloni, I edited the thread after posting and I must have pressed edit too fast/too many times after finishing the changes. I think I double clicked edit or something, because usually forums re-direct you after editing a post. But MMORPG.com hasn't been re-directing me after I edit a post so I thought it didn't go through. Now I don't recall if that has always been that way or not on this site lol.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I think @MikeB  or the like should look at this as I just got this Spam Block warning for REPORTING a Spammer.  If I'm going to be silenced for reporting Spam, that's just garbage. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This happened to me a few times when my avatar was in jail. Hasn't happened any other time.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Testing something for this. Let me know if this is still happening.