Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Thoughts on Revelation Online

2»

Comments

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621

Renoaku said:

So I am actually curious about this game because I was thinking about giving it a try, but Everyone is telling me this game sucks, that there is really no Mobs or PVE, the game is lacking a lot of content it should have...

And I was reading Reddit earlier and hear that a lot of peoples accounts got compromised as well as double and tripple purchases when someone purchased the in game items and when the company charged back automatically they would end up banned?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RevelationMMO/comments/61zx14/psa_do_not_buy_aurom_from_mycom/

Anyone know anything about this?

People whine and say that about every game including WOW, don't you know by now the majority of people that play these games are entitled brats haha. I mean come on no mobs or pve........ That doesn't pass the 10 questions of the bull shit detection kit. 

DMKano said:

Renoaku said:

So I am actually curious about this game because I was thinking about giving it a try, but Everyone is telling me this game sucks, that there is really no Mobs or PVE, the game is lacking a lot of content it should have...

And I was reading Reddit earlier and hear that a lot of peoples accounts got compromised as well as double and tripple purchases when someone purchased the in game items and when the company charged back automatically they would end up banned?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RevelationMMO/comments/61zx14/psa_do_not_buy_aurom_from_mycom/

Anyone know anything about this?

I stay away from my.com games as their support for billing type issues is abysmal.

Haha, yeah I am sure abysmal. Like Arche ages, and the 100s of people who said they lost their credit cards to the those people, and I recall some one saying it was all lies. 

I gotta ask though, cause its gonna be funny. How in the hell could you create your self a billing issue? Out of all my 20 years of play mmos, I have never had a billing issue.  So what makes their support for billing issues abysmal? Are you mad cause some one reported you in game for propaganda hahahahahaha?

Hariken said:

dont really see what the big fuzz is about with this game.

Played alot of the Beta. and now i have been playing the game for the past many houres.!

I feel the stroy of the game is NOT there. I feel like the world is super linear. Its kinda not put weel together.

You have no idear why you do stuff in the game as the stroy gets told VERY bad.

The translation of the game is really BAD and missen alot of places.

from lvl 0-30. i think i killed the same amount of mobs in WOW you do from lvl 1-5 :P 90% of your time is just run talk, and run talk. If that is not the case, its just Trial or Instance farm ::skull:

I really dont see why people where so hyped for this game.  Imo is revelation not a good game. Would even go so far and say Tera, BnS is alot better. 

There are so many mmo on the market atm. WOW,ESO,Tera,Bns and so on. and dont think RO get even close to thouse games sadly :(

I have to agree with this. I got a character to lvl 40 and i just don't get the hype. I have an idea that its because nothing else has come out and its new.

You are agreeing with a guy that spells worse than I do, and I am a horrid speller, and hes complaining about a translation, and writes "The translation of the game is really BAD and missen alot of place", that makes no sense what so ever. The translations in this game are easier to read than this guys horrid wall of single sentences, and you agree with him? If you managed to figure out what this guy said, than you could easily figure out the story line, it isn't even that bad of a translation.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited April 2017

Revelation Online is a sleeper.  

The slow, on-rails, game play at the beginning stages of the game do not give it justice.  For the most part, I also had an initial "bleh" impression of this game when first starting due to the on-rails game play of the first 40 levels or so and that initial impression even caused me to stop playing.  Due to the lack of solid game options available, however, i picked it up again and all I can say is that I am now loving this game.  

I say that because this is about the time that a player truly begins to understand the deeper inner workings of the game.  RO is a very deep game in many respects.  Character progression is very deep, and involves several stages.  It is a character progression system that only begins to truly shine at the level 49 "Wanderer" path character progression stage.  As a matter of fact, the standard practice is to stay at level 49 until fully geared before tiering into the level 50s to begin tackling the level 50 content.  Attempting the level 50 content without having put thought into gearing up properly by level 49 can present the player with dire consequences.

Therein lies one of the beauties about this game in that the process of hurrying up and achieving a high level is not necessarily a good strategy.  The objective is more so about getting properly geared than it is about reaching max level.  Truth be told, it is arguably a better strategy to stay at level 49 because there are many more players hanging around that level therefore making it easier to find groups and attain demonslayer points and merit, which is a deeper game mechanic that I will not go into in this post or I will be here all day.  At level 49 a player can still tackle level 50 content, and are often playing with players that are much higher in level up to top level 69's.  Many players know that many good players hang around that level 49 level and don't mind grouping with them because they know that they are ready for level 50 content but are just maxing out their character before jumping to that next tier.

Another area in which RO excels is it mentor system.  In most other MMO's, once players leave the lower levels the newer players to join the game are left with no one to play with because the larger majority of players are at top levels.  In RO newer players are actually sought after and coveted.  Why? Because mentoring lower level players are essential to gearing up and progressing your character.  The mentoring system provides the player with honor points essential to buying resource material to upgrade your gear to gold status.

Revelation Online rivals BDO as far as having the deepest, most well-rounded, meaningful content that I have ever experienced in a game.  IMO, however, RO's content is much more engaging and fun.  RO's cash shop is also a lot, lot, less financially demanding than BDO's.  The cosmetic options in RO are also vastly greater, and much less expensive than BDO's.  There is actually a collection achievement system to RO's cosmetic items.  

There is so much more that can be said about RO that just can not be highlighted in one post.  For me, RO hits all the right buttons in what I, personally, prefer in MMO's.  At the level 46-49 point, this game becomes a gem and truly begins to shine.  I know many gamers are of the impression that it is hard to stick with a game if it doesn't grab them in the first few hours or so, but if you didn't give this game a chance and quit this game before getting to the "Wanderer" path in RO, then you have done yourself a great disservice.  
    The deep content that RO provides gives me great hope that it could be a game that has lasting potential, and a game that I could be playing for a very long time.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    All I saw in thsi game was "waive hi to bob and gain a level...walk 2 steps and gain a level.....target the fairy and gain a level....it was a complete joke of a game
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited April 2017

All I saw in thsi game was "waive hi to bob and gain a level...walk 2 steps and gain a level.....target the fairy and gain a level....it was a complete joke of a game

It has already been widely established that the first 40 levels of the game are painfully on rails.  It makes no sense to continue to repeat it.  If you are the impatient type you can just click through those first 40 or so levels in a matter of an hour or so and pick up the game where it begins to get interesting.  Although you will have absolutely no clue as to what your character's story is about, and you may also be a bit clueless as to the character progression due to having skipped through the tutorials explaining it, you will nevertheless get to the point that it begins being fun and interesting.  

Its a bit shallow to declare a game a joke simply because you have no patience and are unable to play through its tutorial phase, lengthy and painful as that may be.  The game gets much better if you are able to stick with it.  If not, then its cool.  We all have different tolerance levels as to how long to cope.  All some of us are attempting to convey is that there is deep and fun game play to be had for the gamer who is able to exert a bit of patience.    

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553
    edited May 2017

Things that are worthy of a mention:

Fabulous large open sandbox world where you can fly just about anywhere..

Decent combat mechanics...

Great and complex guild system each with it's own base with daily quests..

Good mix of PVE / PVP content to suit most playstyles, friendly population...

A grouping system for dungeons that actually works fairly fast...

Cash shop is there for those who want to level fast etc, not overly P2W at least not yet..

Yes there are bugs but not enough to put you off altogether, it's still in beta anyway.

A very good mmorpg in my opinion.

Post edited by DJXeon on
  • DesralDesral Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I just spent the better part of two hours gathering resources to use for crafting. Simple resource nodes. Nothing special about them. Click and gather.

I did this by exploring a mountainside. A well-crafted, interesting, *realistic* area. I could have flown around the area to search out the nodes, but I was enjoying myself more on foot. Movement is like Blade and Soul, and honestly, you don't *need* wings to get to most places.

So I pretty much just went around the mountain, looking for resources. Ended up finding pathways to out-of-the-way areas not shown on the map. Climbed up some ledges to get to hidden nodes. Went from cliff to cliff with gliding jumps.

This game actually made gathering fun. The single Most Boring Activity in the history of MMOs - this game made fun. That alone should be enough reason to try it.

I'm nearly 40 now and getting into the real game. Graphics might be dated and translation is *horrible*, but other than that, it looks very promising so far.
  • RionRequielRionRequiel Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Wow it amazes me that this post was still getting replies. Well then, I am glad to see more people have come to enjoy the game.