Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE plans to allow RMT(gold sellers) during the live game

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I've never had a problem with RMT since it happens anyway. In this case I really hope that they'll take a cut of the transactions. At least that way some of the money will be going back into the game. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

DMKano said:

But thats not what happened... as cash shops have shown clearly that people ARE willing to spend money to save time.

There is no denying that video game industry has changed the players perception to where cash shops are accepted by majority of playerbase.

RMT caters to people that dont mind spending money to enjoy their games.

they are not posers - they are your average players today, as people realize hey throwing cash to speed up progress works.

You can have most things if you are willing to spend money - not a very hard concept to understand either

When is a poser not a poser? When the average player poses. Nice alternative fact spin :)

And yup, you can buy almost everything... is a bought achievement worth just as much as one you earned?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

CrazKanuk said:

I've never had a problem with RMT since it happens anyway. In this case I really hope that they'll take a cut of the transactions. At least that way some of the money will be going back into the game. 

I could give a crap if some dough head bought his epic sword of epeen, but It would be of great benefit to get rid of all the RMT spam and account hacking in a game.
    MrMelGibson

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I this game it's not just about buying a sword of epeen.  It's about buying resources in a territory control game with a self described closed economy and finite resources.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I this game it's not just about buying a sword of epeen.  It's about buying resources in a territory control game with a self described closed economy and finite resources.  

Well then any kind of RMT (official or not) makes this title cease to be a game.

IMHO

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Finite resources will mean, zergs and large guilds monopolizing them. Once the dominant guild is established the rest will either quit or re-roll and join.

Thus leaving the RMT bots to run 24/7 and the one big guild.

And eventually everyone from the one big guild will leave because they got tired of fighting bots/npcs.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    These games are only good for the lulz.  :)

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    If the game is going towards RMT then they need to set up an action house for that. One that people wont risk getting ripped off. They just put their stamp of approval on it. So going forward anything that goes wrong, its on them. 
    This game look pretty cool when I first saw it, but the more and more I hear the more it sounds like a waste of time.

If I'm going to play an RMT game, I'll just stick to the Game of Life.

DMKano said:

Iselin said:

DMKano said:

But thats not what happened... as cash shops have shown clearly that people ARE willing to spend money to save time.

There is no denying that video game industry has changed the players perception to where cash shops are accepted by majority of playerbase.

they are not posers - they are your average players today, as people realize hey throwing cash to speed up progress works.

You can have most things if you are willing to spend money - not a very hard concept to understand either

When is a poser not a poser? When the average player poses. Nice alternative fact spin :)

And yup, you can buy almost everything... is a bought achievement worth just as much as one you earned?

A bought achievment in a video game... meh who cares? 

A bought achievement in RL - huge difference.

Same goes for a "poser" - we are talking about MMOs....right?

Ah yes. The default "it's only a game so nothing matters" argument when you run out of real arguments :)

So why did you care so much about cheating in BDO last year that you used to post on a daily basis about the latest BDO cheating outrage and the developer's incompetence? Wasn't BDO also just a game?

Sorry bud not buying your situational "it's only a game" thing.

Kind of reminds me of Iverson

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

So are you saying that these things would NOT be available from blackmarket sites if they didn't offer it? I think it's foolish to believe that. The problem isn't necessarily the RMT, but creating things that are finite which drive the price up and make them accessible only to the people looking to put a lot of real money into it. However, RMT has little to do with that, it's the model of the game that controls the value of in-game items. No? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:

So are you saying that these things would NOT be available from blackmarket sites if they didn't offer it? I think it's foolish to believe that. The problem isn't necessarily the RMT, but creating things that are finite which drive the price up and make them accessible only to the people looking to put a lot of real money into it. However, RMT has little to do with that, it's the model of the game that controls the value of in-game items. No? 

No

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

DMKano said:

Iselin said: 

DMKano said:

Iselin said:

DMKano said:

A bought achievment in a video game... meh who cares? 

A bought achievement in RL - huge difference.

Same goes for a "poser" - we are talking about MMOs....right?

Ah yes. The default "it's only a game so nothing matters" argument when you run out of real arguments :)

So why did you care so much about cheating in BDO last year that you used to post on a daily basis about the latest BDO cheating outrage and the developer's incompetence? Wasn't BDO also just a game?

Sorry bud not buying your situational "it's only a game" thing.

Kind of reminds me of Iverson

Cheating and RMT are not the same thing.

Nice try Iselin - you are better than this.

Somone posing as a doctor (amazingly this is still happening) and someone posing as max level character in raid gear with a bought acccount - yes there is a huge difference.

BDO is just a game - and yes when it comes to exploiting and cheating where people were basically in God mode in BDO, again this is nowhere near RMT.

Not sure why you are choosing to push such a flawed argument here.

You really didn't get why I brought up your posts about BDO cheating? Wow...

Ok here it goes: NOT because cheating =  RMT (close but that wasn't the point) but because you chose to use the "it's only a game" thing, implying that any critique of RMT is too trivial to bother with while at the same time crusading about whatever game related thing interests you when you feel you have a solid argument.... just like you did with your BDO cheating crusade last year.

Do you understand now why I brought that up just to highlight your "it's only a game" hypocrisy when it's something you don't have any problem with?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

CrazKanuk said:

No

So you believe that if they did NOT offer RMT in the game that it would lead to fair competition and that the same people ruling the game today (the theoretical today) wouldn't be the same people controlling the game with RMT in place? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    edited May 2017

mcrippins said:

IMO.. I wouldn't care about gold sellers and RMT if it weren't for all of the spamming, and making chat a completely useless feature.

Spamming is gonna happen if you allow RMT or not, so is RMT tbh just less sucesfully.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2017

Torval said:

It's not a few people that do this. No one who doesn't have their head up their butts knows it. We've had threads here before talking about people cheating and most here have done it. A multimillion dollar industry doesn't just pop up because a few people here or there aren't doing it.

If a game has free trading RMT is going to happen because most mmo gamers are cheaters. There are very few games without a noticable RMT problem. LotRO is one of the few I can think of and that's mostly because very little of value can be traded.

Most of the cheaters don't care or try and justify it like the guy who always posts about anti-bot software and getting banned from albion for buying gold.

How many people in this thread have purchased gold/rmt or know a guildie or friend who did and didn't report them? Be honest with yourselves and don't try and make any excuses. Start taking responsibility and accountability for our own problem. If players didn't buy gold devs wouldn't have to fight it.

Honestly I've never bought gold or anything else, yet I've known plenty who have, There were quite a few known ebayed/IGE'd Jedi on my old SWG server, one of my in-game friends sold his for a killing, another guy I knew was a bought Jedi who I grouped with regularly, until he was banned for harassment after hurling insults at a bunch of IMPs, while they had him locked in between a bunch of placed terminals. 

A lot of dot weapons were acquired this way as well...I think people in general just accepted this back then, I don't remember much stink ever being raised over it TBH. I really don't care if someone buys their +5 sword of badassery today just as I didn't back then. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Honestly once they went down the 3 month head start and buy to king route is there really any point to try and limit RMT from "this" game?

I'll still try to give my money to devs who continue to resist, heck I'll pay a premium if it helps.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2017

Until duping comes into play. WHich will be going on long before it's caught as always. Just to be clear I am not defending this game.  I doubt this game will be even half of what it claims to be, if it even releases at all.

I just wish people would look at this realistically. The more rare and limited things that are in the game the more blackmarket trade, cheating, etc... that will be going on. Be it gold, land, craftables, you name it... Why kid yourself into thinking you're ever playing in a fair, by the book environment?  

The only real difference here is it will be like SWG and spam will be every where. Because it's not pursued by CSRs. (yes I'm aware most of that spam wasn't for RMT, yet what difference does that truly make? Be it a barker bot hocking wares on a vendor, or a bot yelling about buffs through door number a. It's all the same to me. Maybe we'll get lucky and there won't be chat bubbles as there were in SWG.

Post edited by Distopia on

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• StopTheSlanderStopTheSlander Member CommonPosts: 2
    WoW IP Permabans gold sellers and everyone realm has thousands of them spamming....... if a multi-billion dollar title cannot stop them what can a single million dollar company do? It's a waste of resources.

They can't even spam in CoE.....everything is proximity. So your gonna spam to about 5 people then probably get dropped because OPEN PVP.

Slapshot's constant slander is unreal. Do you not have a life.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

WoW IP Permabans gold sellers and everyone realm has thousands of them spamming....... if a multi-billion dollar title cannot stop them what can a single million dollar company do? It's a waste of resources.

They can't even spam in CoE.....everything is proximity. So your gonna spam to about 5 people then probably get dropped because OPEN PVP.

You sure you know what the word slander means?

Slapshot posted something that was true, they are not going to fight RMT. 

He also said it was a game about resource and territory control. Again true.

So where was the slander?
    MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    So basically the cornerstone of CoE being about competition for limited resources in a closed fair PvP world was impossible from the start.

Not that lots of people didn't know that already, of course.  Alhhough even I think the whole "Might as well just let people RMT because cheating and duping and RMTing will be everywhere anyways" is a rather pessimistic way of looking at it, however I can't really disagree.  I do find it rather amusing that people are saying that as a DEFENSE of CoE, though.  All that does is defend the company, but the subtext is the entire game's concept is doomed.

Kyleran said:

You sure you know what the word slander means?

Slapshot posted something that was true, they are not going to fight RMT. 

He also said it was a game about resource and territory control. Again true.

So where was the slander?

Some people are just so uninformed...  not just about the game apparently
    MrMelGibson

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    O.o  I'm guessing no one here has ever played Shroud of the Avatar.
  • KinadinKinadin Member UncommonPosts: 10
    If the big advantage for gold sellers in any game is that they can and will use automatic scripting to harvest resources, what happens to that advantage in a game where literally every player has a scripting engine available for them to use while offline?  Everyone is their own bot that can harvest or process resources while you're offline if you want.
  • simon155simon155 Member UncommonPosts: 53

lol it's a funny idea but Elyria
    isn't your normal game. A "bot" is effectively no different to an OPC or
    NPC for that matter. They only way they will get lots of resources is
    the same way we will, and they will be paying for each and every spark..
    In addition, each "bot" needs all the same supplied as everyone else.
    For all their effort, they will rely on other people for tools, food,
    clothing etc, thus funding the player economy.

So no advantage to the gold seller above the player so far.. The
    short of it: ANYONE, player or bot is potentially just as well placed to
    sell their goods, but you're effectively cutting off your own economic
    growth in game. If you keep it, perhaps you'd be better to hire NPCs
    with it, at which stage you've inadvertantly beaten the bot at their own
    game.

Beyond that, unlike many MMOs, you're not invincible in Elyria.
    People will doubtless be looking for gold sellers. If word gets out,
    they are potentially going to be ambushed, robbed, turfed out and unable
    to deliver. If the transaction was a legally binding one, good luck to
    them lol. If not, they will rapidly get a bad enough rep for the public
    to learn to avoid them.

This is a game where the average player CAN intervene and stomp out those gold sellers. For that reason most of the community (who actually read the design notes fully, unlike the OP) are actively looking forward to spotting people trying to gold sell, just to gank their asses and rob them blind lol.