Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I visit this site less and less these days

2»

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

genaknosc said:

Nanfoodle said:

What can you do? Some people come here to talk about games. Others come here just to bash them. 

Pantheon sucks.

And it has a cash shop. 

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Maurgrim said:

It's not about the site being bad or anything I read the news from time to time, but the forums are the same ol same ol, It's the same people saying this and then It's the same people counter argument on the topic, been going on for years, so boring reading the forums these days.

I guess everything has already been talked about so its the battle of the words that matters.

I'll cover everything in a nice easy package.

MMOs are and have been in a sharp decline because of cost, greed and profit margin.  Add that mmo's are extremely hard to make and time consuming for investors even for the reputable ones.  Lets also add the public unrelenting and unrealistic demand for maximum graphics puts developers in an bad spot of take focus away from content.

Sooooooo what we have is a Western stand still....... This leaves only Asian grinders with cash shops as the only option.  Asian grinders used to be fill in games where people would play between popular mmo's.

Asian grinders used to be the joke and no one ever took them seriously, now their the norm. Hay, lets all play 9 Dragons Online !

As far as us as posters, were die-hards that will not let go, with hopes someone will pay attention and give us our mmo's back :)

As far as us as posters, were die-hards that will not let go, with hopes someone will pay attention and give us our mmo's back :)

You're going to die waiting so good luck with that. 

Maybe if you click your heels together three times and say, "There's no place like MMO" over and over while wearing your extra thick rose-colored glasses, the Lord of the Unicorns and Rainbows will grant your wish.

Oh wait, that's pretty much the essence of EVERY nostalgia-laden sad-sack lamentation thread on these forums.

Nevermind. 

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Maybe if you click your heels together three times and say, "There's no place like MMO" over and over while wearing your extra thick rose-colored glasses, the Lord of the Unicorns and Rainbows will grant your wish.

Oh wait, that's pretty much the essence of EVERY nostalgia-laden sad-sack lamentation thread on these forums.

Nevermind. 

With such a bitter outlook, no wonder Pantheon's existence enrages you so.

Dullahan said:

Nevermind. 

Actually the rage you and Nan have for anyone who disagrees with you about Pantheon is what I enjoy. Great entertainment. Keep it up.

Reminds me of my kids when they were young and didn't get what they wanted.

Give the Lord of Unicorns and Rainbows my regards.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Dullahan said:

Nevermind. 

Actually the rage you and Nan have for anyone who disagrees with you about Pantheon is what I enjoy. Great entertainment. Keep it up.

(((bows))) As always, rather be a fan of something then sprinkle my disdain in every topic =-) Hows that going for you? Does it make you feel good?
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I haven't visited mmorpg.com in over a month. I expected there to be...even minimal new content about MMOs. But there's nothing. Literally nothing new about the MMO scene.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    i visit every few months hoping that theres a mmo to play..sadly iv been doing this for years seeing theres nothing out there and the genera is near death and grasping for life
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

I haven't visited mmorpg.com in over a month. I expected there to be...even minimal new content about MMOs. But there's nothing. Literally nothing new about the MMO scene.

Can I direct you HERE There are news feeds every day and normally not just one. 
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    real mmorpgs are rare these days. they could stop this game site. or they can go with the time and do everything about online games. its also a business decision.

i read here occassionally. i guess i am here since 2004 reading. 

its the situation about mmorpgs....

Nanfoodle said:

Dullahan said:

Nevermind. 

(((bows))) As always, rather be a fan of something then sprinkle my disdain in every topic =-) Hows that going for you? Does it make you feel good?

To be a realist instead of a blithering, incoherent fanboy. Yes. Absolutely!

Thanks for asking.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    The overall mood of the site changed for me.  For many years a lot of people, especially the regular posters, were very friendly and easy going.  Then one by one they started getting pretty chilly, and then downright hostile.

I posted something a week or two ago and received a downright hostile response from someone who I used to think was one of the cool guys around here.  There's simply not enough going on in the MMO space to hang out with people who have completely lost their chill.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The Lord of Unicorns and Rainbows. I already have one. $9.99 in the cash shop. *wink*

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Dullahan said:

Nevermind. 

This rage exists only in your mind. You may consider seeking help about projection.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Are you the guy that used to tell everyone about how great FFXIV ver. 1.0 was and how great 2.0 will be?