Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Morrowind PTS Patch Notes Released, Controversy Sparked - Elder Scrolls Online News

Comments

• cinobanditocinobandito Member CommonPosts: 1
    just started playing on PS4 like two months ago. If anyone is planning on deleting their accounts....please send me your gold? Cinobandito is my gamertag. Please and thank you.... :-)
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    I had this happen when I was a priest in Vanilla WoW running Molten Core. People will live.
    The day I got Benediction was one of the best, up there with Fiery Defender and Spear of Fate.

Restores based on the maximum resource pool - These abilities were simply too effective once you obtained a significant pool size.
    Cost reduction & recovery passives - Several of these passives were over-performing and have been adjusted.
    Group based buffs/synergies - Several of these abilities were near-mandatory in end-game situations and have been adjusted.
    Resource spend/gain rates - Abilities that cost either too much or too little were adjusted to ensure that each class and build type are spending and gaining resources at roughly the same rate.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited April 2017
    Torval said:
    Subjective opinion is bias. Using bias to dismiss opinion. That works in an echo chamber.
    Erm no. I am not dismissing your opinion but 'reasoning' that is supposedly supporting it.

In fact it is precisely the other way round - you can't discuss opinions, only the reasoning behind them and when reasoning is substituted with bias, there is nothing left to discuss.

Besides, I did pointed out a flaw in your reasoning specifically - the need for continuous growth isn't a flaw as you percieve it(bias), it is a must.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited April 2017

Gdemami said:

Torval said:
    Subjective opinion is bias. Using bias to dismiss opinion. That works in an echo chamber.
    Erm no. I am not dismissing your opinion but 'reasoning' that is supposedly supporting it.

In fact it is precisely the other way round - you can't discuss opinions, only the reasoning behind them and when reasoning is substituted with bias, there is nothing left to discuss.

Besides, I did pointed out a flaw in your reasoning specifically - the need for continuous growth isn't a flaw as you percieve it(bias), it is a must.

"the need for continuous growth isn't a flaw as you percieve it(bias), it is a must."

Doomed to fail

Continuous growth is an impossibility, a fantasy. Everything is destined to fail, a flash in the pan. Ancient Egyptian civilization lasted over 3500 years, The very beginnings of Capitalism is what... 500-600 years? Fuck I've been alive for 10% of that time.

Heck, If one believes in the Big Bang theory, even the Universe's growth is has an end.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm trying to figure out what I'm supposed to very upset about with those patch notes. Maybe I need to read them again to find a reason.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

just started playing on PS4 like two months ago. If anyone is planning on deleting their accounts....please send me your gold? Cinobandito is my gamertag. Please and thank you.... :-)

Yeah, and I'll be glad to take it if it's a pc account.  I can always use the extra storage space.  :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Devs are like politicians~ Always making changes and cutbacks to things they don't experience day to day.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    People whining about stuff they havet tested yet. Only people in the morrowind PTS can have vocal opinions about it tbh. And guess what? Ow, those people seem to be positive and thinking everyone is crying over nothing.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    A video that does a good job of explaining the problems with this particular set of changes. It'll probably mean a bit more to you if you're an old timer who remembers soft caps and life before the Champion Point power creep.

He does throw a lot of F bombs around so be aware.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

tyrrin said:

This wasn't just a nerf; the devs decided to destroy several classes by taking away critical passives that defined certain classes in order to force players to use the new warden class. This was the last draw for me, finally walking away from this game; I canceled my account, deleted my toons and uninstalled. I think that I am finally done with MMO's entirely.

I remember back in the old days, when a nerf came out, you adjusted to it. Now, people ragequit like little babies. Oh how the times have changed.

Hariken said:

All mmo's do this eventually. Its the nature of the genre. But yeah it sucks and if you want to play the game you have to go with the changes. I gave up on this game awhile ago because i got tired of the limited skills bar. If this was to sell the Warden class though bad move.

What do you mean you "gave up" on the game because of the limited skill bar? The game had a limited (if you compare it to a game like WoW) skill bar from the very start. Did you think it would change? And honestly, I think this combat system is far more complex than a game that allows you to fill your entire screen up with hot keys, AND, you can actually see what you're doing =P

So, I'm calling BS on your reasoning.

I gave up on ESO long ago after 1) It became a chore rather than a joy to play because EVERYTHING had to be managed and maximized. It just wasn't fun and 2) They completely screwed all their long-term subscribers that have put 100s of dollars in their game as well as paid a monthly subscription by, basically, saying: "Guess what! You mean nothing. Go buy an entirely new game that's the same thing, but we know we can soak you for more money" rather than sticking to their standard practices of the last few years.

I still have the game, but I haven't booted it up in months and cancelled my subscription.

Good riddance.

They've soiled the good name of TES. Call it what it is Zeni. A cash grab that is loosely (and I do mean loosely) related to a series of actually good games that was made by one of our owners other companies that we saw a chance to make oodles of money off of the gullible.

Sheesh

I've been playing since launch and still haven't played all the content, nor have I felt like I had to min/max or collect everything to be viable in my own eyes. I think the problem lies with you.
  • guizicaguizica Member UncommonPosts: 8

DAS1337 said:

tyrrin said:

This wasn't just a nerf; the devs decided to destroy several classes by taking away critical passives that defined certain classes in order to force players to use the new warden class. This was the last draw for me, finally walking away from this game; I canceled my account, deleted my toons and uninstalled. I think that I am finally done with MMO's entirely.

I remember back in the old days, when a nerf came out, you adjusted to it. Now, people ragequit like little babies. Oh how the times have changed.

The thing with ESO is that they keep doing this constantly just to keep players busy and, in this particular case, to promote warden class. 

The balancing that they are doing is not solving the problems that are present in the game right now. They are nerfing some classes to the ground, and on top of that magicka remains much more powerful than stamina in almost any case.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited April 2017

Iselin said:

A video that does a good job of explaining the problems with this particular set of changes. It'll probably mean a bit more to you if you're an old timer who remembers soft caps and life before the Champion Point power creep.

Fengrush (another streamer) is not happy with it either. The point is that people who play the game for a living, basically, are hypersensitive to these changes. 

I'm not commenting on the business aspect of this, but I do think this is pertinent to those people saying "bunch of whiners" don't know what they're talking about. I believe that as far as people who are knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game, these guys are good sources of information and their points of view are based on experience playing the game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited April 2017

d_20 said:

Iselin said:

Fengrush (another streamer) is not happy with it either. The point is that people who play the game for a living, basically, are hypersensitive to these changes. 

I'm not commenting on the business aspect of this, but I do think this is pertinent to those people saying "bunch of whiners" don't know what they're talking about. I believe that as far as people who are knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game, these guys are good sources of information and their points of view are based on experience playing the game.

Some are better than others and more importantly, only some of the time.

Deltia, for example has gone into full ragequit mode especially over the Templar changes and he's drawing a direct link in his opinion, between those Templar nerfs and the Warden being a P2W class.

Alcast, OTOH, doesn't go there. He just points out intelligently the things that are good and the ones that are bad and gives valid reasons for his opinions. I also wholeheartedly agree with him that ZOS's system of making 1000 changes at once is stupid.

It's those 1000 changes that people are ignoring as they focus on the nerfs to their favorite class that they hate the most. We never really know how things are going to work out with massive changes until they go live and we all come up with the best new way to do things.

I think it'd be funny as hell if after all the angst about Templar nerfs and Warden P2W it turns out to be a Sorcerer using Dark Conversion and a Twilight Matriarch who ends up as the top healer just because of their better on demand resource regen.

It's that resource regeneration thing that had become so trivial thanks to passives, CPs and gear that very few builds ever used drinks instead of food and there were very few fights where we even needed to think about managing it that's the big target here and what everyone will feel the most.

I'm sure we'll figure out over time just how far to stack stats now that they are less beneficial (just a bit over 30K would be my guess now that most things will scale off your level and not your pool) and we'll see things like drinks that give you regen buffs becoming the FOTM, the BIS items will change again, the builds will get tweaked, etc. In other words business as usual after a major change.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Won't make a difference. People will still animation cancel you to 'dead' in a few seconds.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    ESO has been screwing players from the start,when i bought the game when it came out they forced you to subscribe for 3 months!
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Raquis said:

ESO has been screwing players from the start,when i bought the game when it came out they forced you to subscribe for 3 months!

lol, I think you forced yourself?!!

I bought the game before launch (pre order) played a month (was inc game + 1 month sub) and unsubbed after that.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited April 2017

Raquis said:

I also only subbed month by month granted I did not stay beyond the first free one but when I came back a year later it was a much better game. I have only played it as a subbed game though I left before it went B2P.

Are they really nerfing the Templar that is the only class I played.
    Chamber of Chains
  • coehidecoehide Member UncommonPosts: 2
    All those that are quitting the game 
    Can I have your stuff ? 
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Sounds like a needed balance pass, two thumbs up.
  • SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209
    Sounds like WoW, here be a tank, dps and healer in one, at leaste on self heals.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Salty tears. 
  • rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    ESO is the best early - mid level PVE MMO out today. Huge amount of content and a good combat experience. It is not a great game for end game min maxers or PVPers due to several design flaws. Being over CP 160, I am just cruising until Pantheon or Crowfall.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Iselin said:

d_20 said:

Iselin said:

Some are better than others and more importantly, only some of the time.

Deltia, for example has gone into full ragequit mode especially over the Templar changes and he's drawing a direct link in his opinion, between those Templar nerfs and the Warden being a P2W class.

Alcast, OTOH, doesn't go there. He just points out intelligently the things that are good and the ones that are bad and gives valid reasons for his opinions. I also wholeheartedly agree with him that ZOS's system of making 1000 changes at once is stupid.

It's those 1000 changes that people are ignoring as they focus on the nerfs to their favorite class that they hate the most. We never really know how things are going to work out with massive changes until they go live and we all come up with the best new way to do things.

I think it'd be funny as hell if after all the angst about Templar nerfs and Warden P2W it turns out to be a Sorcerer using Dark Conversion and a Twilight Matriarch who ends up as the top healer just because of their better on demand resource regen.

It's that resource regeneration thing that had become so trivial thanks to passives, CPs and gear that very few builds ever used drinks instead of food and there were very few fights where we even needed to think about managing it that's the big target here and what everyone will feel the most.

I'm sure we'll figure out over time just how far to stack stats now that they are less beneficial (just a bit over 30K would be my guess now that most things will scale off your level and not your pool) and we'll see things like drinks that give you regen buffs becoming the FOTM, the BIS items will change again, the builds will get tweaked, etc. In other words business as usual after a major change.

All true, the remaining player base will adjust, but some subset will move on, never to return so such rebalancings in MMOs have often puzzled me.

I'm thinking rebalancing almost never brings in more or new customers so I assume these changes are done to prevent an even greater loss of players by not doing them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon