Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowd-Funded PvP Extravaganza a Columns at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowd-Funded PvP Extravaganza a Columns at MMORPG.com

This week Tim Eisen crams too much into one column as he attempts the unheard-of feat that is covering Chronicles of Elyria, Crowfall and Camelot Unchained at the once! In case you are wondering, in the interest of fairness he drew names from a hat to decide which one got the lead in image.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• wolfi77wolfi77 Member CommonPosts: 3
    looks great
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    "I suppose that part of the backer appeal; the content that is created as the story of a crowd funded game develops. "

It's also fun for non-backers and creates lots of content for them as well!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LaetitianLaetitian Member UncommonPosts: 21
    edited April 2017
    > "I seem them as individuals each with their own boons and banes."

< Are you sure, though? Because I am pretty confident that the phrase "boons and banes" comes up about twice in each Camelot Unchained kickstarter promotion video and once in every second "Foundational Principle".

Mark Jacobs basically lives through those words.

[Couldn't blame you if you had a certain partiality towards that direction, though; RvR territory control, together with predesigned (though obviously customisable) classes, is the secret to a good MMO - the world just hasn't quite had the chance to see how rewarding its teamplay and objectives can be.]
  • swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Not much here.
    Just play Dark Age of Camelot - it is still around.

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

DMKano said:

umm this article wasnt only about CU, seems that some missed that

Naw, we just don't care much about the other two.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited April 2017

Kyleran said:

People do not care about CU either...there is no player base for MMO with antique mechanics and devs living in the past...
    Post edited by Gdemami on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Gdemami said:

Kyleran said:

People do not care about CU either...there is no player base for MMO with antique mechanics and devs living in the past...

Gdemami said:

Kyleran said:

Might not be large, but there is definitely a player base.

Besides, go away, I was just messing with Kano.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited April 2017
    I lost all interest in Chronicles of Elyria when thy announced they were doing a single player first.  I see that as a complete waste of development resources.  I just do not believe they will make the expected money from such an endeavor.  

I am still watching the other two.  Could be some really decent pvp coming down the pike.

As to Gdemami, waste of time replying to any of the posts, when you are clueless and determined to stay that way it serves no purpose.