Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2 developers create new game

XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
I see that the developers from Everquest 2 and Everquest Next are creating a new game called Ashes of Creation and it will have the visions of games like EQ2, Vanguard etc. but set in todays graphics. The world will have full weather dynamics and ever changing environment. I cannot wait to try this game.
Valentina

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Looks like you have yet to discover the mmorpg.com hype meter :lol:
    WraithoneforcelimaJemcrystalvomomotoHatefullFrodoFraginsPsym0nBeezerbeezZoeMcCloskey
    --------------------------------------------
  • HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
    edited April 2017
    "Refer and invite new players below, to receive 15% of their account purchases in game credits or cash back."

Their referral program makes me nervous. I haven't read up on the game but by reading this I would say Pay to win?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Or the Ashes forum here on this site.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Yep, he'll soon learn...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2017
    I thought all the major players from EQ2 were at Daybreak or with Brad,there can't possibly be more than 1-3 at AOC studio.
    He is new here people,5 posts,of course he missed the previous site endorsements and not familiar with site.

Anyhow @op,i had some mild hope for this game but after seeing more,i realized it is a cheap structure/design,similar to Lord British game SOTA.
    I do give the team credit because they "presented"the possibility of a good game,unlike Smedley who just came out and tried to sell us absolute rubbish and worse is this site actually tried to be a sellout and endorse that crap.
    Bottom line is that i feel the game has potential but will be a one/2 trick pony and not have the depth of a big studio game or the kind of depth i am looking for.

The node idea is imo just going to be a real cheapo easy automated  system,that needs to be very robust to be any good.
    The combat looks fun as well the mob AI looks solid "from the little we have seen"but everything else that woudl make a great mmorpg ,we do not know.

RawynCalaruil

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I feel the game could be good enough to at least keep an eye on but for myself,i do not like the cheap over world idea,that turns me right off.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Maybe it's created by some people how once worked on EQ2, but not the creators.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I missed the memo on this game also but so weary about the next great game.  When it launches, when it launches....
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    everquest 2 developers create new game and it looks like crap. 

fixed it for you.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I have yet to hear what the combat is like in this game. Tab target, action, trinity, generic all classes are dps crap? Their web page says nothing factual. Just generalized comments. We need Bill to get them to start talking lol
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    This may be a good sign that all the Asian cash shop crap is on the way out, but will have to wait and see.

Also I'm not crazy about the ever changing world idea.  THIS ALWAYS SOUNDS GOOD ON PAPER.
  • necxonecxo Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Everquest next or landmark? xD

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

DMKano said:

R-000 said:v

its probably the only MMORPG I'm willing to try out

Hopefully it makes it to the point where you will be able to try it out as many MMOs die in development.

Morose but realistic outlook

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

DMKano said:

R-000 said:v

its probably the only MMORPG I'm willing to try out

Hopefully it makes it to the point where you will be able to try it out as many MMOs die in development.

He'll be able to try it out in beta form, for the all time low price of 89.99.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    At least they are saying the whole purpose of the game is focus on it being non pay to win.

The guy that started the company did so because he was sick of all the new games being pay to win and focused on pvp with very little pve. For me this sounds great....
    Gdemami
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    ill buy this game it looks great :)
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    I've not seen more than a few screen shots and a gif but it already looks like yet another "innovative" twitch mmo. I can barely walk without stumbling over those.

Velifax said:

I've not seen more than a few screen shots and a gif but it already looks like yet another "innovative" twitch mmo. I can barely walk without stumbling over those.

The game has been in development for awhile, but it goes up on kickstarter in a few days.

Vardahoth said:

Any mmorpg that has overhype/advertising before released already fails in my book. Release the game first, and then show how good your game is with gameplay preview.

I'm developing a product now I think millions will enjoy. But I won't talk about it until it's DONE.

That is true....but I like the way these guys are approaching it. All I know is there are a lot of people starving for a good MMORPG.
    Raquis said:

The wait is what kills me...use to be when you heard about a game it was only a month or two away now the wait is so much longer!!!
    KyleranHatefullOctagon7711Beezerbeez
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:

The wait is what kills me...use to be when you heard about a game it was only a month or two away now the wait is so much longer!!!
    Like 3 or 4 years, right?
    PhryBeezerbeez

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:

Pretty much! There is a good reason that companies generally announce games that are going to be out within the next calendar year. People just don't have the atten...
    Beezerbeez

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:

With the game being so early in the development phase, there is not even any guarantee that the final product will look even remotely like the concept art etc. which is effectively, all that has been shown so far, its far, far too early to be talking about this game in any meaningful way. :/
    LucienRene
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:

With the game being so early in the development phase, there is not even any guarantee that the final product will look even remotely like the concept art etc. which is effectively, all that has been shown so far, its far, far too early to be talking about this game in any meaningful way. :/
    didnt this exact headline exist about 4 years ago when it was EQ Next?
    anemo

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

CrazKanuk said:
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:

Pretty much! There is a good reason that companies generally announce games that are going to be out within the next calendar year. People just don't have the atten...

No that is funny...