Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Scorpio Exclusive: Final Specs Revealed!

12346»

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:

so basically one does NOT need to try every single game on the planet in order to tell if the game is not to their liking if they have experience in games.

This is the basic point you have been trying to make, and this point completely misses the premise of the phrase "All exclusive console titles are bad"  

Here's another one.  "All VR titles are bad".  Sounds good doesn't it?  

Ok first off I never said 'all exclusive console titles are bad'

I said 

'exclusive doesnt always mean good'

there is a huge difference is there not?
    you cant really deny that on most gaming forums sites the default assumption is 'exclusive = good' I am just saying that is not true. again, its not bitwise, by saying not all exclusive are good DOES NOT MEAN all of them are bad

That isn't what you originally responded to.  Go back to the beginning of the conversation.  Saying now "Some exclusive console titles are good and some are bad" is actually a very logical thing to say.  That isn't what I responded to originally and not what the original comment was.

If you are saying "Not all console exclusive titles are good" while also saying "Some exclusive console titles are good" then we are on the same page.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2017

SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:

so basically one does NOT need to try every single game on the planet in order to tell if the game is not to their liking if they have experience in games.

This is the basic point you have been trying to make, and this point completely misses the premise of the phrase "All exclusive console titles are bad"  

Ok first off I never said 'all exclusive console titles are bad'

I said 

'exclusive doesnt always mean good'

there is a huge difference is there not?
    you cant really deny that on most gaming forums sites the default assumption is 'exclusive = good' I am just saying that is not true. again, its not bitwise, by saying not all exclusive are good DOES NOT MEAN all of them are bad

That isn't what you originally responded to.  Go back to the beginning of the conversation.  Saying now "Some exclusive console titles are good and some are bad" is actually a very logical thing to say.  That isn't what I responded to originally and not what the original comment was.

If you are saying "Not all console exclusive titles are good" while also saying "Some exclusive console titles are good" then we are on the same page.

if one says
    'all exclusives are good'
    then I say 'no they are not'
    you assume it means I said 'all exlcusives are bad'

which
    1. I did not and does not mean that
    2. by YOUR VERY OWN LOGIC you violate yourself by saying that all exclusives are good.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

read carefully

community says 'exclusives = good'
    I say: 'that is not accurate'

you say: ' that means seanmcad things all exclusives are bad and that is a broad generalized statement he should not make (never mind the fact that the community just made a broad generalized statement!)

I hope that is more clear

SEANMCAD said:

read carefully

you say: ' that means seanmcad things all exclusives are bad and that is a broad generalized statement he should not make (never mind the fact that the community just made a broad generalized statement!)

Only comment I have for that is ROFL!  Best games are always on the PC.  Console exclusive games are flat out pathetic!
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462534/project-scorpio-exclusive-final-specs-revealed/p5#c2E6K65XbihcUk1o.99

The original comment is above, including the link.

I don't know nor care what the community said. I didn't see anything where a person stated that all exclusives are good.  

I stated that in the top 50 games rated on metacritic, the majority were console exclusives and many games on the list were cross platform between consoles and PC with the fewest on the list being PC only titles.  That doesn't mean all exclusives are good.

edited April 2017

SEANMCAD said:

read carefully

Only comment I have for that is ROFL!  Best games are always on the PC.  Console exclusive games are flat out pathetic!
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462534/project-scorpio-exclusive-final-specs-revealed/p5#c2E6K65XbihcUk1o.99

The original comment is above, including the link.

I don't know nor care what the community said. I didn't see anything where a person stated that all exclusives are good.  

I stated that in the top 50 games rated on metacritic, the majority were console exclusives and many games on the list were cross platform between consoles and PC with the fewest on the list being PC only titles.  That doesn't mean all exclusives are good.

1. that is great and we can talk about it but its not related to what you said regarding having to try something to know something AND its not related to my comment that not all exclusives are good

2. if all of this disjointed effort is just to suggest to me that what I say regarding all console games is not factual and highly subjective feel good in me telling you...well no shit sherlock! those statements are clearly (or rather should be clearly) my subjective opinon. I dont try to make an effort to argue that its scientific fact like you do with your opinions. HOWEVER, I would suggest others not just go around making casual statements that heavly imply all exclusives games are good, for the very same reason you are crawling up my ass for now

3. having said that is there any chance we can get back to our OP between each other and stop being so god damn random.

My point today (one that you disagree with thus far) is that you do not have to try a game to get a good feel of if you would like it or not. Pretty much everything else is off topic regarding our side conversation

SEANMCAD said:

My point today (one that you disagree with thus far) is that you do not have to try a game to get a good feel of if you would like it or not. Pretty much everything else is off topic regarding our side conversation

Incorrect. I do not disagree with that.  It all goes back to the initial point. "All console games are bad" with a response of "If you haven't played them, you can't comment"  which is different than "You have to try a game to see if YOU like it".

See the difference in the two statements.  

1) All console games are bad in the point of view of the original quote.  All games, regardless of type, style, etc.  They are bad because they are "console".  If the platform was PC they would be good. This doesn't make the game bad because it is console exclusive.

2) You do not have to try a game to get a good feel if you would like it or not.  This points towards trying a game - singular. One game that you see and decide you don't like based on the premise of the game.  If that same game was on PC you wouldn't like it any better.

These statements are different.  I disagree with 1.  This person has not tried any console games, and relies on the basis of them being on console to determine their worth as a game.  2 bases the merits of the game as whether the game is deemed appropriate to play for that person.  

I don't think I could put it clearer. 

SEANMCAD said:

Incorrect. I do not disagree with that.  It all goes back to the initial point. "All console games are bad" ...

I dont even know what your talking about!

first off your statement of 'you have to try it to know' isnt related to a comment that I didnt even make
    second off, the nearest thing to that comment that I made here in this thread was EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not consoles.
    third off I never said all EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are bad
    I said its not true that all EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are good which does NOT mean one is saying all EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are bad

SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:

Incorrect. I do not disagree with that.  It all goes back to the initial point. "All console games are bad" ...

I dont even know what your talking about!

first off your statement of 'you have to try it to know' isnt related to a comment that I didnt even make

Exactly the point. My original comment wasn't directed at you. You picked it up and fought over a premise that didn't exist.

edited April 2017

SEANMCAD said:

Exactly the point. My original comment wasn't directed at you. You picked it up and fought over a premise that didn't exist.

actually that was not remotely 'your point' like ever.

despite that if someone says 'all water is purple' there isnt a lot of context needed for someone to say 'ummmmm that is not true'

so again I say

you dont have to try a game to have a very good reliable understanding of what its like and if you would like it

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited April 2017

Lokero said:

Aren't XBoxes just wannabe, watered-down desktops these days, overall?  <snip>

Are they? Are PCs more powerful than consoles?

The answer is "can be". PCs can be more powerful than consoles. PCs can be built. PCs can be upgraded to add the latest and greatest components. They can be be made to order. Prices can run into thousands.

Can be.

Conversely PCs can be slow; old, the equivalent of a dinosaurs. Laptops in particular can be under-whelming and as for office PCs .... enough said.

Consoles provide a benchmark if you like. A bar against which "PCs" can be measured. When they are first launched they are usually pretty powerful machines - not as powerful as top end PCs but powerful. And - because they are produced in large numbers - they will offer "excellent" value for money. 

And developers like them. A lot. Games are "less likely" to be plagued by compatibility issues.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on

gervaise1 said:

Lokero said:

The answer is "can be". PCs can be more powerful than consoles. PCs can be built. PCs can be upgraded to add the latest and greatest components. They can be be made to order. Prices can run into thousands.

Can be.

Conversely PCs can slow; old, the equivalent of a dinosaurs. Laptops in particular can be under-whelming and as for office PCs .... enough said.

Consoles provide a benchmark if you like. A bar against which "PCs" can be measured if you like. When they are first launched they are usually pretty powerful machines - not as powerful as top end PCs but powerful. And - because they are produced in large numbers - they will offer "excellent" value for money. 

And developers like them. A lot. Games are "less likely" to be plagued by compatibility issues.

if you were to put a scale to it consoles are less powerful than the average mid level gaming machine and yes when I say 'mid level' I dont mean 'well it depends on if you consider a rocket ship mid level' no, I mean likely your mid fucking level

SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:

I didn't say it was "my point" I said that's "the point".  THE point being you replied to something you didn't fully understand.  I agree, you don't have to try a game to know whether or not you like it.  A game. Singular.  That was never my point when I said "if you haven't tried them (plural, meaning every console exclusive game that has ever existed)  then you can't comment."  Because that, is dozens of games spanning dozens of genres spanning decades and several platforms.  Not liking something based on platform has nothing to do with the game - A game - singular.  

You can't put blanket statements on everything saying you don't like any exclusive game on any platform because platform, because all that would need to change for someone to then like the game is the platform.  It's idiocy in the highest regards.

SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:

I didn't say it was "my point" I said that's "the point".  ...

ok NOW I know your just being intentionally disruptive.

Ok well I have had enough of that shit for today

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

SEANMCAD said:

gervaise1 said:

Lokero said:

Can be.

Conversely PCs can slow; old, the equivalent of a dinosaurs. Laptops in particular can be under-whelming and as for office PCs .... enough said.

Consoles provide a benchmark if you like. A bar against which "PCs" can be measured if you like. When they are first launched they are usually pretty powerful machines - not as powerful as top end PCs but powerful. And - because they are produced in large numbers - they will offer "excellent" value for money. 

if you were to put a scale to it consoles are less powerful than the average mid level gaming machine and yes when I say 'mid level' I dont mean 'well it depends on if you consider a rocket ship mid level' no, I mean likely your mid fucking level

Was that a mid-level machine bought this year or last year or the year before? People don't change or update PCs with the frequency that people update consoles. Cost being the key. And why a mid-level PC? why not a high level PC from 5 years ago or a new low level PC?

The only way you can really do a comparison is to use cost. Compare a console to a PC you can buy for the same money.

And when you do - due to something called "economy of scale" - consoles basically win. And that is before you get into the debate about whether console costs are artificially low.

Which is why rocket ships are more expensive than cars. They are not mass produced. They are certainly more powerful though.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

gervaise1 said:

SEANMCAD said:

gervaise1 said:

Lokero said:

Can be.

Was that a mid-level machine bought this year or last year or the year before? People don't change or update PCs with the frequency that people update consoles. Cost being the key. And why a mid-level PC? why not a high level PC from 5 years ago or a new low level PC?

The only way you can really do a comparison is to use cost. Compare a console to a PC you can buy for the same money.

And when you do - due to something called "economy of scale" - consoles basically win. And that is before you get into the debate about whether console costs are artificially low.

Which is why rocket ships are more expensive than cars. They are not mass produced. They are certainly more powerful though.

Nonsense.  My PC which is 3 years old is still light years better than any console and I have less than $1000 in it.  There is not one of those exclusive games that I have any interest in playing as there are just as good games on the PC and I just do not have the time to play them as there are so many.

Consoles problem is that the basic IO is still the controller which is inferior to any mouse keyboard combo.  Ask any developer why they have separate servers for each when it comes to pvp.

gervaise1 said:

SEANMCAD said:

gervaise1 said:

Lokero said:

Can be.

Was that a mid-level machine bought this year or last year or the year before? People don't change or update PCs with the frequency that people update consoles. ...

LOL.

the Xbox 360 ran on hardware from when it was originally released for 7 fucking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

console players are date stamped a LOT more than PC players are

edited April 2017

SEANMCAD said:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is NOT the point I have been trying to make since I started interacting with you.

The point is that your statement of you need to try it to know is a false statement. Everything else not related to that is off topic completely in the conversation between you and I

but as a different topic I did NOT say all exclusives are bad. I said its not true that all exclusives are all good