Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your current favorite building MMO

Luckyone001Luckyone001 Member UncommonPosts: 1
Just got into the "Worlds adrift" alpha and am hanckerin for some more building.

Any cool betas/new releases that focus on building bases ?

Any sort of building, Stardew valley, Ark, Minecraft, anything in between...

whats your current favorite?

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2017

Not in order

Wurm Unlimited
    Life is Feudal your own
    Space Engineers
    Medieval Engineers
    Subnautica
    The Forest
    7 Days to Die
    Out of Reach (although rarely play)
    Stranded Deep
    Osiris: New Dawn

although the last two I rarely ever play I really want to I just dont have time. Most of those are not MMOs though, some of them can be private server ones though

my favorite would have be Wurm Unlimited and 7 Days to Die

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Lately been playin Crea....which imo is better than Terraia and Starbound ...http://store.steampowered.com/app/280520/

Creativerse .. Awesome game similar to Minecraft .. better lookin ..better Combat ....http://store.steampowered.com/app/280790/

And Portal Knights .. this one is really fun .. again better lookin and better combat than Minecraft ...http://store.steampowered.com/app/374040/

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/space-engineers

Got Space Engineers from Humble for less than 7 euros because it looked interesting . I enjoy these types of games.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    edited April 2017
    Right now I'm playing Screeps for my building knackering.

Though it's an RTS where the step time is like 4 seconds instead of 15 MilliSeconds.  The goal is to program your dudes to do stuff, with some nice aids to help you start or for weaker programmers.

edit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DtltU9ozHI

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Trove
    BruceYee said:
    Trove
    Intreasting, imo Troves building mechainics are the worst on the market ... just terrible
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Scorchien said:
    BruceYee said:
    Trove
    Intreasting, imo Troves building mechainics are the worst on the market ... just terrible
    OP said "any sort of building" and I have fun building in Trove so maybe OP will too?
    It is also free so that's a +
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited April 2017
    When you put MMO and building together we get most games posted will not be MMOs, yet online games with building.

RIP Landmark/EQ Next, there's some MMOs under development on a larger scale that have that promise though.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Medieval themed - Out of all of them I would have to say Life is Feudal is the best one.

Space themed - Empyrion Galactic Survival is the better one out of Space Engineers and No Man Sky

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Ark:Survival Evolved allows for some nice building.  Just stay away from the official servers.  When I get tired of building things, I build traps all around the island.

Here is a great video showing some of the traps you can build:  https://youtu.be/D63ntwNeVEo

Nice base showing a bit of what you can do:  https://youtu.be/GCh266HWOuA

Castle Build:  https://youtu.be/hnr5snmohd4

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Fortrest Craft because it's like 3d factorio

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Rhoklaw said:
    MaxBacon said:
    When you put MMO and building together we get most games posted will not be MMOs, yet online games with building.

RIP Landmark/EQ Next, there's some MMOs under development on a larger scale that have that promise though.
    Actually, Istaria comes to mind for an MMO with community building.
    Yeah Wurm also, but I'd look at recent MMO's, it's weird we need to go back so much to find MMOs with building elements, we have had quite a journey of Korean MMO copy/pastes on the past decade haven't we? xD
    edited April 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    MaxBacon said:

Actually, Istaria comes to mind for an MMO with community building.
    Yeah Wurm also, but I'd look at recent MMO's, it's weird we need to go back so much to find MMOs with building elements, we have had quite a journey of Korean MMO copy/pastes on the past decade haven't we? xD
    In fact, going back farther than 2014 other than Wurm and Minecraft looking at any genre, MMO or not, its hard to find any building games let alone MMO specific

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2017
    Black Desert  =)
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    ark survival evolved is the best one
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2017
    I feel the same about building mmos as i do about survival/battle royal games. They don't appeal to me. I feel like devs are giving me a blank slate and expect me to pay for the tools to make my own game with my friends.

Just sell me a fully featured game with a good story and npcs, and THEN let me build/destroy/rebuild to my hearts content. Also have in game laws against criminal activities to add risk to such activities and reward justice accordingly.

IMO when the community has to make their own economy, laws, diplomacy because the game doesn't have any then the game becomes more elitist, only a select group running a monopoly gets all the good stuff and nobody else has a chance unless they join the monopoly. That's not a good game to me.

Both building mmos and battle royales have a long way to develop into full fledged games. Right now they are empty slates.

• LogumLogum Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I do not think that games like Ark, Minecraft, or other survival games can be considered MMO.
    MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    What is the cut off number for massively ?

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Logum said:

I do not think that games like Ark, Minecraft, or other survival games can be considered MMO.

I don't know about that. I play 7 Days to Die regularly and it feels more like an MMO than most MMOs.

What good is 'massivley' if no one groups, talks, works together? A SP game with annoyances.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

kitarad said:

It's fluid. Just more than a standard multiplayer. Whatever that is at now.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.

DMKano said:

Trove - they've made building a lot better than many voxel games - added Scaffolding blocks - you can drag blocks to form shapes etc..

Lengthy tutorial showing off building in Trove:

hey awesome thx for the video , Like i said , what crap .. the worst building in the enitre genre .. matter a fact i think i could go to my local diner and build something maybe more interesting with the different colored coffee creamers on the table ..
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

kitarad said:

It's fluid. Just more than a standard multiplayer. Whatever that is at now.

1?

DMKano said:

Scorchien said:

DMKano said:

Trove - they've made building a lot better than many voxel games - added Scaffolding blocks - you can drag blocks to form shapes etc..

Lengthy tutorial showing off building in Trove:

hey awesome thx for the video , Like i said , what crap .. the worst building in the enitre genre .. matter a fact i think i could go to my local diner and build something maybe more interesting with the different colored coffee creamers on the table ..

Hey no problem.

How is this worse than Minecraft? In Minecraft you cant even drag a set of blocks to form a line. You have to place each block individually.

But hey you wouldnt be hating on this just to spite me, now would you? ;)

Cheers!

Stop massaging yourself ... My comments are because Trove Blows,  now if you wanna connect yourself to something that Blows so much you go right ahead ..

Logum said:

the only problem is that given a strong definition of MMO this entire conversation would not exist.

How many MMOs with building have their ever been...ever..Wurm?