Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Scorpio Exclusive: Final Specs Revealed!

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Ozmodan said:
    My PC is still much better even though there it is a year old already.  One of the differences I see between the PS4 Pro and Scorpio is that Scorpio can do true 4k while the Pro is still limited to upscaling to achieve 4k.  Probably not a whole lot of difference there.

The thing that really hurts the entire PS line up, is no UHD blueray.  That is the only way I can see a 4k movie on my TV and the Xbox One S I have is the exact same price as a UHD drive at the moment.
    Uhm... PS4 Pro is not upscaling to 4K unless the game is not written in 4K. Developers are able to code in full 4K (something not mentioned / announced for Scorbpio BTW - latest news is that it's 1080p developer coding and upscaled to 4K by the console) or a lower resolution (like 3K) and put the extra power in something else (and let the PS4 upscale to 4K).

About the UHD drive - valid point, but when I look at the prices of a BluRay and 3D BluRay (latter being 25% more expensive), I don't wanna know how expensive a 4K BluRay disc of the same movie will be.

Also something to keep in mind and was posted in reply to one on my posts regarding 4K:

This chart basically shows that to benefit the most from 4K, you gotta sit almost on top of the screen and thus not seeing the big picture (yeah, PUN INTENDED :p ). Full benefit of a145" 4K TV is at 10' away, making me wonder if it's even worth it to boast about 4K (BTW, Japan is already broadcasting TV in 8K, making the distance to your TV to benefit from it even smaller).
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Lokero said:
    Aren't XBoxes just wannabe, watered-down desktops these days, overall?  I mean it's basically Windows-for-dummies at this point.

If, as mentioned, all the games are being designed to be playable on PC anyway, then I just don't see any appeal.

I think Scorpio will easily be the most powerful console around, but I have no interest in owning an Xbox since the 360, personally.

Someone mentioned cost being a benefit, but if you factor in cost of games and such, a PC has been far and away more cost efficient over time for quite a while now.

It boils down to preference. If I enjoyed playing games with a controller more than a mouse and keyboard, I would buy a console. If I loved playing games, but didn't use a computer for work and wanted to forgo all the nuances of owning, maintaining and updating a PC I would either get a laptop or a console. Consoles are more affordable than laptops so that again narrows it down more.

We can make fun of consoles and console users all we want, but all we're really doing is poking a stick at things we don't understand.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kilrain said:
    Lokero said:
    Aren't XBoxes just wannabe, watered-down desktops these days, overall?  I mean it's basically Windows-for-dummies at this point.

If, as mentioned, all the games are being designed to be playable on PC anyway, then I just don't see any appeal.

I think Scorpio will easily be the most powerful console around, but I have no interest in owning an Xbox since the 360, personally.

Someone mentioned cost being a benefit, but if you factor in cost of games and such, a PC has been far and away more cost efficient over time for quite a while now.

It boils down to preference. If I enjoyed playing games with a controller more than a mouse and keyboard, I would buy a console. If I loved playing games, but didn't use a computer for work and wanted to forgo all the nuances of owning, maintaining and updating a PC I would either get a laptop or a console. Consoles are more affordable than laptops so that again narrows it down more.

We can make fun of consoles and console users all we want, but all we're really doing is poking a stick at things we don't understand.

kind of two separate things completely.

1. the hardware choice of those who do not own a desktop in the home.
    2. the games and the differences between them.

Most gamers know full well the difference in games on the two platforms and all gamers have an opinion on them. Stating that you do not like a kind of game is not 'not understanding'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    What upsets me at the end of the day is that they do not make the mouse and keyboard controls as good as the controller. This is my biggest peeve about ports from consoles so naturally it worries me even more if even Microsoft is going to be making more games for consoles.

Some games are impossible with the mouse and keyboard and downright headache inducing that in the end I end up using the much hated controller . I can handle it if it is turn based and I have all the time in the world with the controller but if it is time sensitive I would rather have a mouse and keyboard.

Why can't these bloody developers actually make these ports with the actual intention of allowing people to use a mouse and keyboard with as much control as the controller instead of assuming everyone is going to plug in a controller. This is just pure laziness and the more companies start making these types of hardware the more unfriendly they will become to mouse and keyboard.

Torval said:
    Some people do care about the differences between the platforms, and to those users consoles are ill suited.

I would argue there are a lot of people who don't mind the differences because there are a lot of demographic crossover - people own both kinds of systems. Many times the differences are only distinguishable in a side by side comparison.
    agreed.

its perfectly fine for a person to not like something, voice that they dont like it, be as honest and as colorful about their feelings toward not liking something and them also fully understand it as well. it doesnt make it a fact and others should be able to infer that such expressions are opinions and not facts.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    i love the consoles now. used to be a pc gamer but now it basically collects dust except for normal web browsing. i prefer consoles cus i love the games. i honestly dont see much of a difference between pc and consoles. no lagging or frame rate issues for either. ESO for example looks and plays almost the same. i dont limit myself to any one type of system. im a gamer so if a game comes out for one particular system, then i will get it. *lookin at you, Zelda*
    i cant stand it when people say "i would play it, but its console only". my only real issue with pc gaming is all the hacking that goes on. but if a game is pc, or xbone, or ps4, or even the switch, i will get it cus like i said.........im a gamer. not a playstationer, or microsofter, or a nintendo'er or whatever. you get the point.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well low end games can get  away with lagging and YES there are several games barely or not even running at 30 frames a second.
    Example i play FFXI online,it can run with almost any and all problems because the graphics are low end,geesh i can run the game with a super ancient 40 dollar gpu and pings over 600.
    MOST console games do several things to accomplish the same idea,just look at Zelda,god awful graphics,many games are like moba's simple limited camera view,limited space and limited graphics.

To say you prefer console because yo uliek the games,well there is absolutely ZERO reason you can't or shouldn't be able to play those same games on PC.You are in essence supporting a monopoly and lame ass console/developers who sign exclusive deals with Sony or Microsoft,NOT something we or the industry needs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2017
    No games, no victory. Hardware power is irrelevant. XB at the moment is lacking good exclusives that are not on PC.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Well low end games can get  away with lagging and YES there are several games barely or not even running at 30 frames a second.
    Example i play FFXI online,it can run with almost any and all problems because the graphics are low end,geesh i can run the game with a super ancient 40 dollar gpu and pings over 600.
    MOST console games do several things to accomplish the same idea,just look at Zelda,god awful graphics,many games are like moba's simple limited camera view,limited space and limited graphics.

To say you prefer console because yo uliek the games,well there is absolutely ZERO reason you can't or shouldn't be able to play those same games on PC.You are in essence supporting a monopoly and lame ass console/developers who sign exclusive deals with Sony or Microsoft,NOT something we or the industry needs.

typical PC master race post. You are mad because consoles have a lot of good exclusives. You seem to ignore the fact that the most popular and most profitable PC games are exclusive to PC. Why are you OK with that but demand that console exclusives be brought to PC?  Such selfishness is ridiculous IMO. No need to bash other platforms because your platform of choice(which is the most superior hardware wise and most overpriced) happens to lack certain games.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
  • Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    Ozmodan said:
    My PC is still much better even though there it is a year old already.  One of the differences I see between the PS4 Pro and Scorpio is that Scorpio can do true 4k while the Pro is still limited to upscaling to achieve 4k.  Probably not a whole lot of difference there.

The thing that really hurts the entire PS line up, is no UHD blueray.  That is the only way I can see a 4k movie on my TV and the Xbox One S I have is the exact same price as a UHD drive at the moment.
    PS4 Pro can do true 4K. I believe Skyrim Special Edition and FIFA 17 are native 4k. It obviously doesn't have the power to push that into the better looking games however the checkerboarding technique produces result almost identical to native 4k when in motion.
    Wizardry said:

zelda is amazing. i dont support any one kind of gaming entertainment. i just buy and play whatever game i feel like playing. i have all consoles and a good gaming pc. as i said, im a gamer. sticking to one kind of platform limits your experience. you're really missing out on some great games.
    Aori said:
    If you have a good PC, there is no reason to get an xbox over a PS4. None whatsoever, if there is a reason then let me know.
    zelda, destiny, halo. many more as well. as i said, i play all platforms because each has their own value to gaming.
  • sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    the real question is pricing. Im thinking 700 bucks or more.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    If you have a good PC, there is no reason to get an xbox over a PS4. None whatsoever, if there is a reason then let me know.
    zelda, destiny, halo. many more as well. as i said, i play all platforms because each has their own value to gaming.
    There are so many good PC games out there, no one has time to waste on console games.  For every game you listed there are at least 5 PC games just as good if not better.  As to Zelda, I would not be caught dead buying any Nintendo console, there are so few decent games for them that it is a dumb investment.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Ozmodan said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    There are so many good PC games out there, no one has time to waste on console games.  For every game you listed there are at least 5 PC games just as good if not better.  As to Zelda, I would not be caught dead buying any Nintendo console, there are so few decent games for them that it is a dumb investment.
    I always bought the NIntendo consoles until the WiiU  and the Wii was fun for a while but they broke a lot.

That being said, it's not on my wishlist of must haves immediately, but the switch is worth getting with a price drop in my view.

The thing is, for me, I have a lot of rooms in my house, and each console acts as it's own entertainment center.  Most of them allow for streaming from my media center PC,  and Nintendo exclusives are the few exclusives that are worth buying a system for.   

XBox exclusives have been lacking if you're not a halo player, and despite being able to name several PS exclusives, none of them interest me.

I think the switch more than most is a smarter buy for a console, simply because you can take it with you.

Ozmodan said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    there are plenty of good console games as well. im not gonna try to sell you on console games. obviously you tried them and didnt like them. i play pc games as well. as far as nintendo goes, ive owned and hated all nintendo consoles except the NES and SNES. however, the switch is a nice system. investment? they're games. not real estate. im a grown man, father and husband. i dont live in someones basement. i have the money, so i play whatever i want. its a good life :)

Ozmodan said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    I always bought the NIntendo consoles until the WiiU  and the Wii was fun for a while but they broke a lot.

That being said, it's not on my wishlist of must haves immediately, but the switch is worth getting with a price drop in my view.

The thing is, for me, I have a lot of rooms in my house, and each console acts as it's own entertainment center.  Most of them allow for streaming from my media center PC,  and Nintendo exclusives are the few exclusives that are worth buying a system for.   

XBox exclusives have been lacking if you're not a halo player, and despite being able to name several PS exclusives, none of them interest me.

I think the switch more than most is a smarter buy for a console, simply because you can take it with you.
    switch is great and worth the price now. i suggest not waiting for the holidays as it will be very hard to find.
    Moxom914 said:
    i love the consoles now. used to be a pc gamer but now it basically collects dust except for normal web browsing. i prefer consoles cus i love the games. i honestly dont see much of a difference between pc and consoles. ....
    I had to stop there.

You and I quote 'honestly dont see much of a difference between pc and consoles.

have you played 7 days to die on console and then on PC?

SEANMCAD said:
    Moxom914 said:
    i love the consoles now. used to be a pc gamer but now it basically collects dust except for normal web browsing. i prefer consoles cus i love the games. i honestly dont see much of a difference between pc and consoles. ....
    I had to stop there.

You and I quote 'honestly dont see much of a difference between pc and consoles.

no, i havent. im not saying there is no difference. i do know pc is ultimately the better gaming platform. always will be. but, TO ME, most games dont have a big enough difference to be forced to play it on one platform versus another. unless of course you tried to play arkham knight which was unplayable on pc at launch.
    edited April 2017
    Moxom914 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Moxom914 said:
    I had to stop there.

no, i havent. im not saying there is no difference. i do know pc is ultimately the better gaming platform. always will be. but, TO ME, most games dont have a big enough difference to be forced to play it on one platform versus another. unless of course you tried to play arkham knight which was unplayable on pc at launch.
    I think it also depends on your plate of games.
    many console players when they play PC will play a console title, well yeah...it is the same very much the same. However, if you take something like Darkfall which had over 100 actions you needed to get to in a microsecond it makes a huge difference.

having said that, I have been surprised to learn some games like kerbal space program for example work fairly well on console so there is some under-education on my part as well.

having said that, I have a HUGE difference in the design philosophy of console first titles compared to PC first titles. So console first titles will likely be in 3rd person view, like have combo moves etc. PC first titles tend to be more open space

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2017
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

PC I only play MMOs. Outside of MMOs pc gaming sucks. If I was not a mmo player I would not be a PC gamer. 

Xbox I know alot of their games are on PC but I prefer playing in my living room on the big screen and no I am not going to bring my PC in the living room. 

PS4 is the king of gaming period. It destroys PC and Xbox when it comes to games. 

Uncharted, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush, Crash Bandicoot, God Of War just to name a few. 

Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

PC I only play MMOs. Outside of MMOs pc gaming sucks. If I was not a mmo player I would not be a PC gamer. 

Xbox I know alot of their games are on PC but I prefer playing in my living room on the big screen and no I am not going to bring my PC in the living room. 

PS4 is the king of gaming period. It destroys PC and Xbox when it comes to games. 

Uncharted, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush, Crash Bandicoot, God Of War just to name a few. 

two seperate things there that do not work well together.

1. you dont like PC games very much
    2. you would not move your PC into your living room.

Ok well if you dont like PC games much it would not make sense to move your PC to your living room. However, if you DID like PC games but wanted to play games in the living room then it would make sense to move the PC into the living room.

So my question is, do you like not PC games because of PC games OR because they are not in your living room?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

two seperate things there that do not work well together.

1. you dont like PC games very much
    2. you would not move your PC into your living room.

Ok well if you dont like PC games much it would not make sense to move your PC to your living room. However, if you DID like PC games but wanted to play games in the living room then it would make sense to move the PC into the living room.

So my question is, do you like not PC games because of PC games OR because they are not in your living room?

What are the best PC games that have released in 2017 so far?