Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaks 'Lead to Misunderstandings & Misconceptions' ~ R.Amiel - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLeaks 'Lead to Misunderstandings & Misconceptions' ~ R.Amiel - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

Secret World Legends News - Earlier today, Secret Worlds Legends Reddit blew up with NDA-violating leaks about the ongoing closed beta test. The information revealed screenshots, how combat has changed and information about lore portions of the story. However, Funcom feels that the information is not a fair or accurate portrayal of SWL due to the nature of closed beta testing. A leak "leads to misunderstandings and misconceptions that are doing nothing but a disservice to the game, the team working on it & future players."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    the game need a re-work completely combat system, animation, skills icon and effect and much more.....
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited April 2017

the game need a re-work completely combat system, animation, skills icon and effect and much more.....

and that is exactly what they try atm.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited April 2017

whats with all the people who have under 10 posts commenting on Everything this last few days

I have never seen so many people with under 10 posts commenting on these forums hahahah

Sad to see people trying to Ruin games in closed beta  =-(

keep your mouths shut like your supposed to (NDA) , and wait until Release to see if the game still has the same issues , then you can bash them Upon a crummy release

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    edited April 2017
    why does some guy's name have to be included everywhere they can? romain bla bla said this, romain bla bla said that... sounds like they're trying to cover up a pile of shit like no man's sky did. poor sod
  • RhoDawgRhoDawg Member UncommonPosts: 34

Grimula said:

whats with all the people who have under 10 posts commenting on Everything this last few days

I have never seen so many people with under 10 posts commenting on these forums hahahah

keep your mouths shut like your supposed to (NDA) , and wait until Release to see if the game still has the same issues , then you can bash them Upon a crummy release

Lol c'mon man...some of us have been around for years and just read the articles and watch the nonsense in the forums. We are entitled to post every now and then when we feel like we have input. I mean...heh you were less than 10 post at some point weren't you?!
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Some of us have been here since 2004 but spend a lot of that time banned for mocking the staffs "lack of bias", or otherwise rarely posting (2004 join date, under 600 posts). Everyone starts somewhere.
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

Keep it on topic plz  =)

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2017
    I don't play it anyways because Funcom couldn't make it fun, or even somewhat realistic felt too unreal to play, needed better cosmetic systems, no paying for plastic surgery and all that to edit characters over-all I could have done better at having a designer make this and market it in game in the first place.

The only game I was interested from Funcom in playing was Conan Exiles until I found out it had Denuvo.

But I honestly think FunCom is getting desperate and I don't expect their company to be around for long.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    NMS had leaked stuff right around the time of launch, only to find out what was really behind the scenes with very little changing before release. Given that we have no real ETA other than before the end of spring which is around 2 months, there's not really a WHOLE lot that can change between CBT and then if "proper" feedback is given.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Pay a staff to beta test it ~ not a pile of turds that will ruin your game upon release

Maybe more game companies need to have Internal Beta testing ...and stop with all the Public Beta's hahahahahahah

Public beta's just have a chance to ruin your games  =)

all the loud mouth jerks in this world cant be quiet and follow NDA

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    edited April 2017
    i like tsw but feel these changes will not be enough to win new players but might offend some of the old ones... they probably should rather have developped a TSW2 but lack the money to do so...it's kinda a shame the TSW world is really fantastic. The one thing i never understood about TSW is why it is so god damn hardware hungry.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31

Grimula said:

now, this game is shit, legends maybe will be better
  • MacaroniShitsMacaroniShits Member CommonPosts: 1
    No no, Funcom, let's talk about who does a *real* disservice to the game: a developer that is so tight-lipped about all the changes they're making, the developer who neglects the game forever and decides to abandon it in favor of the niche 80's IP they bought, most likely in a drunken stupor. *That's* who's doing a disservice to the game and it's players, not the people taking the risk to inform their fellow players of the changes being made, the changes which fly against what people praise Secret World for to begin with.

Stop being so tight lipped or I assure you you're going to lose a lot more players than you anticipate, and if you think a dead franchise from 30 years ago is going to pull your butts out of the fire, then you might as well start packing up the office now.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    seems TSW ll stay better mmorpg  than SWL,but lets wait final product and judge
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Open beta should provide a good feel of the game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited April 2017
    Torval said:
    I think studios need to swing back a little closer to the circle of trust. I get and respect that they can revenue generate from EA or paid testing, but I think there was a lot of benefit to tried and true testers you could trust with your secrets. Trust is a pretty valuable commodity.
    Definitely
    I posted about Revelation's open beta - which is a prime example of what's gone wrong with pre-launch test phases.
    These pay to get in early packs have ruined the concept of actually going in purely to test and give accurate written feedback to the developers, knowing that servers will see a reset before full launch.
    Now it's "I paid for early access, wasn't happy with the game and asked for a refund"
    This is not the best way to produce a good game. All it does is promote here today, gone tomorrow cash grabs.
    But before we all jump on companies' performance, the player base has a lot to answer for. None of these wallet baiting cash grabs would even see the light of day unless people were, often blindly, just giving them money without any real understanding of what they where paying for.

So now where are we? Funcom actually tries to do things how they used to be. A closed beta under nda, specifically for players to give them feedback and help development of the new game.
    -And what happens?
    Trash talk is blasted all over the internet about this closed beta, ignoring the nda the posters signed up for.

Anyone not been in a closed beta that has rough edges? What did you do? Immediately go onto reddit and publicly trash the whole game under an anonymous title?
    No.
    Reports where written, feedback given to the company, issues noted. The game developed in the correct environment for the stage it was at.

So again, where are we? With this publicly trashing the game (by people you have no idea about), Funcom are now having to issue defensive posts - about a closed beta. A development phase, which can be repeated as many times as companies like (and often do) before going to open beta - same again for possible repeats of this phase, before full launch.

These paid early access cash grabs, together with an "everything now" player base mentality,  have wrecked the notion of closed beta testing phases, with their only reward being the knowledge that you where contributing to the development of the game.
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    Its pretty sad whats going on, without breaking the NDA, I just want to say to those who think this is some sort of engine/animation upgrade change, it is not.

It's the NGE all over again!

They have simply moved animations around and changed the way resources work, removed skills, add reticule and call that streamlined, a "New Game Experience".

There must be a royalty reason for this name change, or something financial they have not told us about.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Its pretty sad whats going on, without breaking the NDA, I just want to say to those who think this is some sort of engine/animation upgrade change, it is not.

It's the NGE all over again!

They have simply moved animations around and changed the way resources work, removed skills, add reticule and call that streamlined, a "New Game Experience".

There must be a royalty reason for this name change, or something financial they have not told us about.

I think even here you're walking all over the nda. None disclosure = none. Not bits of information, or some descriptions of changes. Nda, none disclosure agreement. The clue is in the none.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited April 2017
    It's the NGE all over again!.
    It is not, unfotunately (I wish... we could at least live with those kinda changes, and we already had an NPE a while ago). Actually in a few years Legends will be the new "NGE" term, regardless of its flop or success... since it is not just changes within the game, it shifts the game and not only onto a new one, but even to a new genre... while royally f.cking over the playerbase after a year-long straight-out lie into their faces.

I mean, I don't remember NGE switched SWG into a singleplayer, lobby-based action game from its MMO setting... Sure it was dumbing down, and it screwed the playerbase, but at the core it was the same game. Legends is not, it's a fully different game, with TSW's skin on the surface. Like the Edgar-suit in Men in black (the movie, not the TSW mission), it looks like Edgar, but it's wrinkly and stinks  :lol:  (https://youtu.be/YRRwId-e-xg?t=4m9s )
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Sounds like they really changed a lot and not what people wanted even
    Chamber of Chains
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    FUncom.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯