Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADs redirecting me.

2»

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    For the first part: We are using adblockers but as Nan said we are trying to keep MMO whitelisted to show our support.

For the second and rather long part: As has been stated several times before - it's not a virus it's a problem with the ads on this site and this site only.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Dakeru said:
    For the first part: We are using adblockers but as Nan said we are trying to keep MMO whitelisted to show our support.

For the second and rather long part: As has been stated several times before - it's not a virus it's a problem with the ads on this site and this site only.
    Ah okay I see it lol...

Talk about privacy violation, and no wonder I run an Ad Blocker everywhere I go lol...

http://imgur.com/a/8dZdT Take a look for yourself the log of all the ad's this site tries to load and send data in the background, and it blocks 9-12 of them each time including .JS, or Java Scripts, and Redirects. You can still click ad's if you want.

Also this site went offline for about maybe 15 minutes or so yesterday for some wierd reason.

And if I want to click Ad's then I can still click them on any site I visit, but generally using this AD Blocker it blocks everything, and a lot of sites like to load stuff in the background so they can get "Free Money" for link clicks and such, not sure this is happening here but i've seen it on other sties and that can lead to spreading computer viruses that is why I have it blocking everything and you can customize all the filters too.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    If these "attacks" are really part of the google ads then Admin has a problem cause I'm surely not the only one who will drop his whitelist support then.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    edited April 2017
    I was literally just about to make a thread about this same thing, as I've been redirected to the following Adult site (http://hook2up2.top/?u=gvdkd0x&o=5emg9u1) on several occasions now when visiting MMORPG.com over the past week.  I don't have ANY malware/viruses/trojans/spyware.  I also use an Adblocker.

Don't click the link by the way, just putting it there to show where it's redirecting me to.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I have found my pop under ad issue to be some other websites. Specifically local TV news websites.  I found this by having more than one browser window open when I went to different websites.  The pop under ads appeared under the suspected website browser window.  MMORPG.com is not the originating website for my ad related problems.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams