Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost in the Shell 2017

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
edited November 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion

Ron Perlman or that crazy general from Avatar would have been a better fit for Batou, esp if they are making him white.
Post edited by Asheram on

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited November 2016
    Batou is white in every adaption. Motoko is a pale skinned Japanese woman.
    I think this movie will be awesome if I go into the movie theater thinking its Cybercity 2133 instead of Ghost in the Shell. It's like in the Ghost in the Shell: First Assault. Generic shooter with a Ghost in the Shell skin.
    Just don't get caught up in how the screenwriters took a generic story and plopped in some Ghost in the Shell imagery.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I'm not a big fan on manga, so whilst I've seen Ghost in the Shell (original film) a couple of times, and also watched through the Standalone Complex, I'm not that knowledgeable about the IP. 

That said, this film looks immense. It's got enough similarities to the manga that I can recognise whilst probably being a bit more accessible. The special effects look awesome, the story still looks good so I'm happy with it and really looking forwards to it. 

I'm also just generally happy to see anything big budget and sci-fi. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I'm really looking forward to this.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2016
    Looks like GiTS has some serious competition coming.  =)

• ImutoneImutone Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Can't wait for this Dragonball Evolution sequel. :^) 

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Asheram said:
    Looks like GiTS has some serious competition coming.  =)

Not going to get too excited just yet. That trailer is so vauge. 

I really liked the Kenshin live action movie hope this will be as good.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Asheram said:

I really liked the Kenshin live action movie hope this will be as good.

They made this right after the trilogy? I have to check it out, but judging from the trailer, I kinda like the recent trilogy better. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Infobet77 said:
    Asheram is that a samurai x movie?
    No it's based on the anime Blade of the Immortal.
  • perolineperoline Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited September 2017
    It will be wonderfull I'm pretty sure. The movie looks beautiful and I love the game. I just hope they will respect fans.  :)
    Post edited by peroline on
  • TarzanGreenTarzanGreen Member UncommonPosts: 27
    @peroline Yes! i agree
  • OnPlayOnPlay Member CommonPosts: 5

I find Ghost in the Shell Film an almost but not quite similar to Anime. I'm a no fan of the Anime nor wanted to see the film in the big screen. But if someone will treat me, I won't say NO. Okay let's go back to the trailer. I'll give it a 8/10, simply because as the trailer starts, it easily captures my attention and with that I did got hooked watching it until the very last clip. Usually, loud sounds and extravagant start of trailer are what captivate viewers, based on my observation as I have watched millions of movie trailers from Hollywood, Bollywood, UK, German and up to Asian movies let's also include Anime, cartoons and 3D animation filmography. Going back, game and movie-adaptation always falls into the idea that they made some changes to literally fit it for 2-hour film. Hello, if they'll going to include all  parts from the Anime in the film, it will take almost a week to finish it which are producers and investors of the film won't ideally agreed on. Next, let's all be good to the film and give credits to who created it despite of some indifference we may view throughout. Lastly, don't make any comparison as you'll be disappointed when you assume to have what the Anime had and should be seen in the 2017 movie. PS: Simply watch and appreciate it. Enjoy watching!
  • christianjosephchristianjoseph Member UncommonPosts: 11
    It’s a pretty heady story wrapped up in an action flick about a pretty robo-girl in a skintight suit firing off guns.  There’s a reason why the story has resonated with so many for so long. The problem is that, aside from a few stunning action scenes, the movie is simply dull.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    OG_Zorvan said:
    It'll make its money internationally, where SJW's don't matter:
    What will matter is the movie tripping over it's more complex themes and failing to put them across in a coherent manner. Which is the chief criticism I've seen so far. Not to mention the one dimensional acting of Johanson. Which is the biggest problem with many of the big names in Hollywood today, they don't become their character, the character becomes them. Be it Matt Damon, Johanson, The rock, M. Wahlburg, Keanu Reeves, Affleck, etc... 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I really liked the film. Some lines from the Anime just wouldn't translate to Hollywood-ese.  The film shows rather then tells, is faithful to the source material (some scenes are recreated shot for shot), is thoughtfully paced, witty yet sincere, and not an action fest.  It has more in common with a police drama like Se7en than it does with Kill Bill.  It's full of metaphor and visual symbolism without coming across like a sermon.

Even though it's PG-13 it seems aimed at more mature audiences; a feat very few movies are able to pull off. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I haven't watched it coz I have no time and it s@#%s!!!