Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To WoW vanilla players: Was Legion expansion and subscription worth the money & are you subscribed?

greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
edited March 2017 in World of Warcraft

Comments

• greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
    So it's basically more of the same... but I thought flying was harder to get now. I got tired of trying to get all the Draenor achievements last expansion.
  • LivedeffloLivedefflo Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I resub'd yesterday for the 7.2 patch, got a refund today, boring classes now, too grindy and repetitive. nothing new to see here, moving on =)
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I've been playing since vanilla. Legion has been more than worth it for me. Most fun I've had in game since WotLK.
    Mouloxtos85
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I agree with Forgrimm it is the best x-pac in awhile. No, it isn't vanilla, not by a long shot but it is good. Flying is hard to get, the grind is real.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Like it.  Definitely the best MOM for getting my money's worth.  I never feel i wasted it like in other games.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    tbh the problem is your asking 2 questions with 1 answer, 

for me i was an alpha player,, but i dont play anymore, but do i think its value, from what ive seen an heard from revelation guildies who still play it , is that it is worth it and a very good expansion.

so im a no & yes answer

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I definitely don't regret buying it and paying for it and I'm still having fun, but the subscription is always going to be contentious since there is so much fun to be had for free, or relatively free by comparison.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Forgrimm said:
    I've been playing since vanilla. Legion has been more than worth it for me. Most fun I've had in game since WotLK.
    Same here.  Played off and on since the game launched and really had a great time with legion.  I love dynamic events which they did a great job on.  But it's not worth a continued subscription because I'm not into their regular general leveling grind anymore.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I think if you rephrased your question you'd get a near 100% no result.
    WoW Vanilla players is a bit vague, you mean players that didn't like WoW Since vanilla (or around there), correct?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I enjoyed it but not subbed anymore. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited March 2017
    Thanks guys. Yeah I could have phrased the poll better but this gives me a good idea of what to expect. Too bad the next gen of players have to have everything so easy and flufffy. To be honest I mostly play with my 4 year old when I have time but still like to be personally engaged in the game. He actually prefers making his own roblux games so I think wow is too easy for him too. lol.

I'd already decided to buy it much later when the cost goes down and looks like I'll keep with that idea. You have to wonder what the future of MMO gaming is, if companies like blizzard never have to out-do themselves seems like it will just fade into obscurity and catering to players who just like to dress up and look at their characters in the mirror. I remember when having a cool looking model and glow on your weapon actually meant something.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I'm subscribed because i was gifted subscription, but i grew bored a month or so in to the expansion, tried to go back a couple of times but just don't seem to have any fun.  

Don't get me wrong, legion is a brilliant expansion, but even with the new coat of paint it still feels like the same game, and a month of playtime every expansion is enough for me.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I started out really liking the expansion then I kind of just ran out of gas at lvl 107. First time I've not even reached cap. I believe... for me... it's the combat revamp that's finally killed it for me. 

I'm not going to say Legion wasn't worth the money, I'm not subbed and don't intend to be any time soon. If I said I won't buy the next Xpac I would probably be lying to myself, we'll just have to see when the time comes.

I'd be very interested in legacy servers, but I'm not very interested in current WoW. I would probably dabble a little with it, but not enough to justify the sub fee.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]KalebGrayson

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    I expected a lot from Legion; it seemed to actually implement several of the things from Vanilla that other expansions merely claimed; long term investment (artifacts, garrisons), tougher questing/leveling content (scaling), etc.

And those things were there. And they mostly worked! I got extremely interested in the artifact weapons; it alone kept me subbed for a bit. Got so excited i embarked on a project of getting an alt of every spec* their artifact weapon (except the 10ish specs i dont like). 

The artifact weapon talent trees are literally just Vanilla trees remade; great for those who need that version over the new ones (little difference to me).

The level scaling worked as well; within the context of modern WoW. Enemies didn't die before my global cooldown had refreshed like in the entire game under level 100. You regularly have to heal and cooldowns aren't just extra buttons to occasionally push for no reason; they actually contribute to overall speed.

However, cc still wasnt a thing, leash distance is woefully inadequate for the kill time to walk speed ratio, and mana usage doesn't exist; your mana is essentially infinite.

In the end i simply can't find enough about modern WoW to hold me from true vanilla, even with the recent regression.

Great action game though.
  • NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129
    My biggest complaint with Legion is the grinding.  Not talking about the gear grind, that is something I have grown use to over the years; but, the irritating rep grinds coupled with the horrible artifact grind makes the game almost unplayable for me.  The rep grinding wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't directly gating many features in this expansion, from important quest chains that unlock content, to being able to fly in the new Expansion.  They did some tweeks to the artifact grind in a patch, but it is still horribly unpleasant, particularly if you have alts and off-specs you plan to use.  They dropped the ball badly on the abhorrent artifact grind, that is likely my largest complaint in this expansion.  Even with those account wide boosts you can buy, it still makes this expansion extremely unfriendly to alts/off-specs.
    Viper482
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Yes.

I'm enjoying Legion. So far Blizzard managed to keep the content at a steady flow, you always have something to do ; a goal to work for. And despite me not being too happy with the status of my main class the hunter i believe that the classes overall have gotten hefty attention.

My only gripe is the artifact power grind.
  • trostoltrostol Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I got back into the game late in the WoD xpac..like a month or 2  before Legion or so..and frankly..I liked WoD better...maybe it was cause everything was empty and i had a lot of unhindered ability to do quests..and I kind of enjoyed Garrison better than the Hunter Lodge 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Yes, it's been fun, and I'm still subbed at the moment. It's not the same game as Vanilla though, and I don't think really fair to try to compare it.
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    The legendary system just made the elitist gear snobbery worse. 
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    No.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I got a good few months of fun out of it before Blizzard decided the AP/WQ grind was never going to end, so I can't regret playing. If I knew then what I know now though I probably would not have bothered.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • InMediahInMediah Member CommonPosts: 4
    WOW is total pay2win these days...buy WoW 40euro->buy 1 month 12euro->buy lvl 100 character 60euro-> buy  WoWmark 20euro->70kgold->raidready...what a utterly bad joke.

~140euro to be instant raidready. Imagine u tell that a WoW player 10 years ago, they would burn blizzard offices over night.

WoW is actually the most pay2win game on the market. The fanbois are just to drilled to speak it out. But u cant argue about the facts.

ste2000
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    It really is a great expansion if you aren't like me and want to be competitive. I had to quit as it took the competitive grind to so many new levels. If I could play it casually I totally would. Just log in and have fun. But no, my stupid brain wants to max my artifact and get top end gear because . . . numbers. 
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Played for three months. I had fun, and felt the price justified what I got out of it. 
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    No, the Legion expansion is garbage.  I just got fed up with all the class changes.  Then I continued to read article after article on this site about one debacle after the next involving anything from RNG, Grind, PVP, or even balance issues.  Makes me glad I didn't waste anymore of my time.