Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish Ultima Online 2 could be made and be as pretty as Lost Ark Online

PawelotPawelot Member UncommonPosts: 6
No, not the gameplay, but the engine. It could be smooth and pretty. 

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited November 2015
    UO2 was made. At least partially and then abruptly cancelled.

Maybe with all the trend towards throwback RPGs we will see an attempt but since Lord British has moved on it just would not be the same.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• PawelotPawelot Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I know about the numerous cancelled UO successors. ArcheAge is the first throwback to UO in many ways, especially the housing and skill freedom., but ruined overall, unfortunately. I think UO 2.0 could be massively popular. T2A on steroids with lots of new stuff, but fitting with in that game design.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Have you heard about Chronicles of Elyria?
    Have a look at them on this site... 8.50 Hype Rating for in development as of this post...

With WYSIWYG looting, skills to make your own maps, skill challenged crafting and even aging and dying... as in your character will die... but your soul lives on to be reborn and continue the story you write.

COE is being built around a 10-year story plan and is called Chronicles of Elyria as it is about making your story and being part of the bigger story in Elyria. Not just hitting cap and grinding the same 2-3 dungeons for 6 months before a new patch and higher levels and bigger / badder mobs are released which everyone has on farm in 2-4 weeks.

If you want further information, head on over to the official website and community or peruse the official wiki (although it's content is still growing).

Lastly if watching videos is more your thing, have a look at BicycleWalrus First Look video on YouTube, and all his other's on there around reading through the DesignJournals. I suggest avoiding the panel videos initially until you've gone through the Design Journals yourself and/or listened to his individual DJ videos which read through them, they're 2hours+ long each.

Lastly, if and when you do register on the COE website itself, be sure to put in my referral code: B0E240
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Moba style maps can look somewhat good but very misleading.Their maps are smaller,linear lane ways,nothing is interacted with,instancing and nothing has insides ,also usually tons of dithered graphics with msot looking like fog ,so graphics in reality are quite cheaply done.

FFXIV is about as good as it gets.What i want to see is physics,interaction with the world,basically bring a world to life.I don't want to see 10 mobs all standing in one place like they are waiting for you,like to see them move around a lot more.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NevardlrowNevardlrow Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited November 2015
    I would love a UO 2 with top down view but without any of this super exaggerated Asian fireworks AOE combat which devalues any sense of gradual power that a character should slowly graduate to and be limited to perform which makes it special.
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    I want a open world skillbased action combat mmo with deep crafting & resource gathering. With a camera that can switch from isometric to 3rd person to first with mouse scroll.  I want four servers, two normal, a PvE and a PvP server and also two pve and pvp hardcore servers with permadeath.

Teleportation runes with custom player marks.
    Skills can not be locked and are always in fluxx depending on what you do, forcing you to maintain your build.
    active skills can be found and added to a skillbook, only 12 skills can be active, though 3 bars can be active and switched in combat.

No instances, one large world with deep underground complexes and highreaching mountain cities.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    I want a open world skillbased action combat mmo with deep crafting & resource gathering. With a camera that can switch from isometric to 3rd person to first with mouse scroll.  I want four servers, two normal, a PvE and a PvP server and also two pve and pvp hardcore servers with permadeath.

Teleportation runes with custom player marks.
    Skills can not be locked and are always in fluxx depending on what you do, forcing you to maintain your build.
    active skills can be found and added to a skillbook, only 12 skills can be active, though 3 bars can be active and switched in combat.

No instances, one large world with deep underground complexes and highreaching mountain cities.
    You really should hit up Chronicles of Elyria in my post above... aside from the isometric camera view option (don't think that will be one) but the open world, underground complexes and high reach mountain cities are all.. ALL very possible.

Also skills, it isn't a case of 12 skill trees - max 'em in 2 weeks and swap what's active... it'll take you 3 REAL years to max a skill line. Why? Well, you'll have to join the community and ask! (or read the Design Journals, covered there).
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Pawelot said:
    No, not the gameplay, but the engine. It could be smooth and pretty. 

I get the feeling that millions of people are waiting on something like what you're asking for.

I'm surprised no one has done it yet tbh.
  • DonovanTheUnchosenDonovanTheUnchosen Member CommonPosts: 2
    How hard would it be to recreate the entire UO world with nicer graphics like the above?