Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am disappointed in my Amd and 1080ti now lol.

hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
This game with a 1700 and a 1080ti, I can only get 18-28 in hidel, and 40 outside. Now i really regret buying a 1700.  Any one want to trade :)

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I have a 1080 and Intel Core i7 and the game runs really well. the i7 isn't that expensive so go for it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Sovrath said:
    I have a 1080 and Intel Core i7 and the game runs really well. the i7 isn't that expensive so go for it.

Thats to much work, I would have to sell my stuff on ebay, and then rebuy a 6700k, for one game I prolly wont play very long lol. 
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    The thing I find with BDO is you need to look past the fps and ask if it's running well at lower frames. I upgraded graphics cards and was getting 20-25 on low settings, did the upgrade and was getting 50-60 on low settings but ended up taking everything to medium where I was getting 20-25 frames again but it looked much better. When you do that optimization thing it targets 20 fps and adjusts settings for 20 so I think the game was just meant to be played at between 20 and 30.

It's when you get in to the 60+ you start seeing stuttering and pop in. If you can get 40, you are above optimal hardware for the game.
    edited March 2017
    free2play said:
    The thing I find with BDO is you need to look past the fps and ask if it's running well at lower frames. I upgraded graphics cards and was getting 20-25 on low settings, did the upgrade and was getting 50-60 on low settings but ended up taking everything to medium where I was getting 20-25 frames again but it looked much better. When you do that optimization thing it targets 20 fps and adjusts settings for 20 so I think the game was just meant to be played at between 20 and 30.

It's when you get in to the 60+ you start seeing stuttering and pop in. If you can get 40, you are above optimal hardware for the game.
    True, I am just disappointed that a 1500 dollar computer can't play BDO with out dipping to under 20fps. I am not sure if a 7700k would get any better either. I cant find any one who has a 1080ti and 7700 or 6700 that is giving me honest fps. I asked in the chat, but all i got was a bunch of retards.

Such as one guy said he got 220 fps everywhere, another said I should of bought a alien ware. One guy said he got 70 fps everywhere with a 1070.  Nice community up there in a BDO. Also forgot the nonsense that when on afterwards about Trump will make BDO great again............

So yeah I guess the only way I am gonna tell, is if I take my 1080ti to my friends house and see for my self. 

The weird thing about this game is there is no difference between 1080 or 4k. There is a difference slightly with medium settings, and all the effects off that got me 30 fps at hidel, but no fps difference between 4k and 1080. Lol and there is only a 300mb difference between 4k and 1080, 4500mbs at 1080, and 4740 at 4k.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Very odd ,i played with a complete crap gpu,it came with my pc and is integrated.Mind you i don't remember what settings but i am certain i used low settings but game still looked good per the settings i used.

I almost always turn off shadows,to me it is not important ,i don't remember the settings but there are typically several you can turn down while still maintaining the graphic look.Shaders is another killer but you can usually turn them right low and not notice much difference.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Very odd ,i played with a complete crap gpu,it came with my pc and is integrated.Mind you i don't remember what settings but i am certain i used low settings but game still looked good per the settings i used.

I almost always turn off shadows,to me it is not important ,i don't remember the settings but there are typically several you can turn down while still maintaining the graphic look.Shaders is another killer but you can usually turn them right low and not notice much difference.
    There isnt to much difference in fps between low or high settings like 10fps. It is def a cpu bottle neck I over clocked to 3.8, and that got me to 26. Some guy with a 7700k and 1070 gets higher fps than me lol, he was able to get 39, though, he wasn't in hidel he was in capheron. Nvm I didnt see he didnt have high end mode on so that doesnt count at all. 

My guess is if I were to switch to a 7700k where I am standing in this game, i would get 35fps. I am happy with 25 though, since that is getting 1700 in cinebench r15, which rivals a 6900k. 

Just dont get why games like this, code for a cpu that can clock to 5 ghz at 2 cores, vs alot of cores at 3 or so ghz. Apparently this game took advice from sony and everquest 2 on how to make a game engine garbage. 
    edited March 2017
    I'm getting 35+ to 60 fps depending on my location with the rig in my signature, that's a 3.5 years old graphic card I have there.
    Guess its best to avoid Rizen for gaming for now... at least for CPU intensive games. Intel's core performance is still better.
    Well, I dono really. I haven't really got a comparative test. People gave me a bunch of pictures of stuff and thier fps, but they never get any where near the right settings lol, or in the same spot at the same time. Most people that gave me their fps, had high end mode shut off, at 1080 vs 4k, had other things shut off, and called that equal to Max settings at 4k.... 

Your not really telling me what your settings are. I find it hard to believe a 290x is getting 35 fps in hidel with max settings on. Considering I have had a 6600k overclocked to 4.6 ghz, and a 1060 over clocked by 100 core, and i only got 15-28 in hidel depending on how many people were sitting by the bank. 

So yeah it is hard to tell in this game, some one would have to take a 1700 and 6700 with a 1080ti and stand in the same place and show the difference. I can say this though, Since at 4k and 1080 I get the same fps in hidel with the the 1700 between 18-28 with the 1080ti. A 6700k would make a difference at 1080p, something around the lines of like 5-15 fps, at 4k there would be 0 difference. Since there is no CPU bottle neck at 4k. 

That is assuming though, because no one has given me comparable numbers. Since we all get alittle depressed comparing numbers, all the people wont give me a comparable test. Not to mention, I havent found any one with a 1080ti and a 6700 or 7700k willing to do the test. 

So short of getting my friend to bring his rig back, which he wont, and doing the test. Its all speculation.

After I overclocked to 3.8 though, and the 1080ti to 110 core 750 mem. I get a good enough experience at 4k, it is 100 percent playable, with no bad lagging. 

But I can say this my 1700 blows away my friends computer at anything that uses all cores;) So in cinebench i get 1690 at 3.8, my friend gets 960 at 4.5. So I got with my original stance. The i7 7700k Is better if you have a 1080 144 monitor. If not it doesnt matter, and the ryzen gives you a shit ton more cpu power for less money. 

But who knows I havent got my feelings 100 percent concrete yet as if I like the 1700 or 7700. I know when I look at his heaven score over 4000, vs my 3700, it makes me want the i7 7700k lol. 
    edited March 2017
    Edited my previous post to me more accurate - I have an obvious graphic card bottleneck in crowded areas - you were obviously typing your wall of text while I edited ;)

About your last post, sadly, games rarely use more than 4 cores, even less more than 8 cores. That's where the "per core" performance counts more than the number of cores. That's why I think the actual Rizen - and also the 6900k - are useless for just gaming, and only good if you do other things with your computer.

Let's be honest - you don't really need more than 20fps when shopping in Heidel anyway. Important is when hunting in the wild, and there, 40+ fps is good for a mmorpg.

I'll let you know the change when my new graphic card arrives, hopefully next week. I'll move to a 7700k too.
    That would be cool I would be interested in that. Absolutely true about the 4 core thing. There is no difference in fps numbers, or heaven scores when I disable 4 cores and smt or hyper threading. As far as BDO its hard to compare I mean today I am getting 31 lol. There is def a CPU bottle neck though, atleast that is the only conclusion i can come to, as to why i get the same fps at 1080, as i do at 4k. If i turn SSAO on it drops that number to 28, I shut it off because I dont see what it does other than making the screen darker, which can be achieved with reshade for no fps loss. Either way it is such a nice looking game =)
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    edited March 2017
    That would be cool I would be interested in that. Absolutely true about the 4 core thing. There is no difference in fps numbers, or heaven scores when I disable 4 cores and smt or hyper threading. As far as BDO its hard to compare I mean today I am getting 31 lol. There is def a CPU bottle neck though, atleast that is the only conclusion i can come to, as to why i get the same fps at 1080, as i do at 4k. If i turn SSAO on it drops that number to 28, I shut it off because I dont see what it does other than making the screen darker, which can be achieved with reshade for no fps loss. Either way it is such a nice looking game =)
    There is always a possibility that there are some driver problems (if for example you didn't do a clean windows install for your new CPU and/or GPU) or maybe some power problems (if old or lower quality PSU).

Ryzen also seems to be having some motherboard/ram problems, so make sure you have the latest bios.

But in my experience crowds in MMOs always kill FPS. For example in GW2 my FPS can drop in an instant from 60 fps (I use vsync) to 40 or even 30 in Lion's Arch depending if I'm looking towards the crowded bank area (i7 6700k @4.5 and RX480).

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    People that run games in 4k and whine about fps are hilarious.  Turn your graphic settings down.  I can run 4k, but I never do in MMO's, especially in BDO.  Just turning it down to 2k makes a huge difference.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Edited my previous post to me more accurate - I have an obvious graphic card bottleneck in crowded areas - you were obviously typing your wall of text while I edited ;)

About your last post, sadly, games rarely use more than 4 cores, even less more than 8 cores. That's where the "per core" performance counts more than the number of cores. That's why I think the actual Rizen - and also the 6900k - are useless for just gaming, and only good if you do other things with your computer.

Let's be honest - you don't really need more than 20fps when shopping in Heidel anyway. Important is when hunting in the wild, and there, 40+ fps is good for a mmorpg.

I'll let you know the change when my new graphic card arrives, hopefully next week. I'll move to a 7700k too.
    SSAO is likely to be almost pure GPU load--and essentially zero CPU load.  If you want to test more directly, try reducing your monitor resolution to 1920x1080, which won't affect the CPU load at all unless the game scales resolution by changing your field of view angles.  If that fixes your frame rates, then you've got a GPU bottleneck, not a CPU one.

I like very high monitor resolutions and play games at 4320x2560 when I can.  But you have to accept that that means turning off some very demanding graphical settings.  Higher resolutions often make anti-aliasing unnecessary, for example.
    Quizzical said:

SSAO is likely to be almost pure GPU load--and essentially zero CPU load.  If you want to test more directly, try reducing your monitor resolution to 1920x1080, which won't affect the CPU load at all unless the game scales resolution by changing your field of view angles.  If that fixes your frame rates, then you've got a GPU bottleneck, not a CPU one.

I like very high monitor resolutions and play games at 4320x2560 when I can.  But you have to accept that that means turning off some very demanding graphical settings.  Higher resolutions often make anti-aliasing unnecessary, for example.

I already said that there is 0 fps difference between 1080 and 4k. The bottle neck is 100 percent the CPU at 1080. From all the tests I did between a 1700 and 6700k, I can almost guarentee if I stuck a 6700k, in at that moment I was getting 31, there would be no difference at 4k, and at 1080, the 6700 would get like 40-45. On all tests I have seen there is always a GPU bottle neck at 4k, even with a 1080ti. I dont really understand it my self, but I mean its there. At 1080p i get 3500 at 1080, my friend 6700 got 3900. I didnt do 4k, but I have seen enough to know the results would of been we would of got the same. 
    Jean-Luc_Picard said:
    @hatefulpeace have your tried to turn off antialiasing in 4K ? I see on your screenshot that you have it on, but in 4K, except if you have a 40+ inch screen, it should not be really mandatory. Give it a try.

I will give that a try. There wasn't any difference in fps between aa on and off. I could see the difference in jaggys though. Actually I was wrong, there is a slight difference, at 1080, when I was getting 31-32 fps at 4k, I got 34 at 1080 that time :)
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    edited March 2017
    I don't know about AMD,s control panel selection but here is something to check, I played BDO very very briefly, lots of new players around was a bit of a lagfest and graphics were terrible, was bouncing around 15 to 25 fps.

Then I noticed something, had just done a driver download for my card, and in Nvidia control panel it had reset a setting ..single display performance to multi display performance, when I corrected this I was getting about 45 fps on high (shadows off, framerate capped 60, vsynch on)

So now after every driver update I check that setting and it does flip it about 50% of the time.

i7 6800, 980ti, 32 gig of ram.

What you're claiming is bizarre.  The game runs fine with SSAO off, but turning it on cuts your frame rates in half?  And that's it's purely a CPU bottleneck, to the extent that changing the monitor resolution doesn't make frame rates budge?  The only ways I can think of that happening are:

1)  SSAO requires replicating all of the draw calls so that the rendering thread has to do twice as much work.
    2)  Black Desert has a creatively inefficient implementation of SSAO.
    3)  You've run into a bug where the software (which could be the game or your video drivers) is doing something stupid that completely kills your performance.

I don't know for certain that (1) isn't the case, but if it were, I'd think people would have noticed similar problems with it in other games by now.  So I'm very skeptical of that.

I suppose that we can't really rule out (2).  But Black Desert didn't strike me as the sort of game to have creatively inefficient implementations of things.

And then there is (3), which is also very possible, but can't be fixed by hardware upgrades.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    One thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you are running in performance mode instead of balanced in the windows power options.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

My guess is that your CPU+GPU should really shine in DX12 games.
    What kind of CPU and GPU scores do you get in 3DMark Time Spy ?
    Thats gonna take me awhile to download, but I will let you know:)Quizzical said:
    What you're claiming is bizarre.  The game runs fine with SSAO off, but turning it on cuts your frame rates in half?  And that's it's purely a CPU bottleneck, to the extent that changing the monitor resolution doesn't make frame rates budge?  The only ways I can think of that happening are:

1)  SSAO requires replicating all of the draw calls so that the rendering thread has to do twice as much work.
    3)  You've run into a bug where the software (which could be the game or your video drivers) is doing something stupid that completely kills your performance.

I don't know for certain that (1) isn't the case, but if it were, I'd think people would have noticed similar problems with it in other games by now.  So I'm very skeptical of that.

I suppose that we can't really rule out (2).  But Black Desert didn't strike me as the sort of game to have creatively inefficient implementations of things.

And then there is (3), which is also very possible, but can't be fixed by hardware upgrades.
    It doesn't cut my frames in half, SSAO drops it like 2 fps. As I said BDO is hard to tell and compare, it all depends on what is going on. If I turned SSAO on during that screen shot I would of got like 28. As it stands, I went back into BDO a hour or so after I took that screen shot, and some one came to the bank with a huge rock thing, and that lowered ti to 27. Sure if I tried now it would be a different number. kruler said:
    I don't know about AMD,s control panel selection but here is something to check, I played BDO very very briefly, lots of new players around was a bit of a lagfest and graphics were terrible, was bouncing around 15 to 25 fps.

Then I noticed something, had just done a driver download for my card, and in Nvidia control panel it had reset a setting ..single display performance to multi display performance, when I corrected this I was getting about 45 fps on high (shadows off, framerate capped 60, vsynch on)

So now after every driver update I check that setting and it does flip it about 50% of the time.

i7 6800, 980ti, 32 gig of ram.
    Yep I always check that multi display thing. Many thanks for the tip though :) I also usally have to change the power thing, to max performance. Gaia_Hunter said:
    One thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you are running in performance mode instead of balanced in the windows power options.
    Yep, that is on performance instead of balanced. I will say there was a jump in the tests, when I reinstalled windows. From windows that I had been switching from a 480x, to a 1080, to a 970, than to the 1080 ti, than to a 1080ti, and from a 8350 to the ryzen. I also though went from windows 10 home, to a old version of windows 10 pro, since for some reason when I updated windows 10, it wouldn't let me shut off windows defender any more. Not even through registry, or let me change the permission of the file it self from trusted installer to my user name, then shutting down the defender, and trying to delete the file. Must be they made it so you can no longer disable that. So I dono if it was the reinstall or the older version of windows 10 pro. 
    Hmmm that time spy seems interesting cant wait till its downloaded. I dont even see ryzen on any of the top 100 chart, I dono if thats cause it never made it to those numbers, or no one with a ryzen and 1080ti posted, we shall see though. Here is the top of the chart of the hall of tame for that though.

Intel Core i7-6950X
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 

It should be interesting if I get close to a i7 6950x that costs like what 1500 dollars haha, and is 10 core vs 8 core. I know on Cinebench I get about the same as a 6900k. The stock 6900k gets 1530 or so, I get 1690. If I could get my ram to run at 3200, Im sure that score would be like 1750. The Overclocked 6900k gets 1800. 

Here is the score some one got with a 6900k. I think I will get around there. 

4411002Intel Core i7-6900K
    NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
    Quizzical said:

It doesn't cut my frames in half, SSAO drops it like 2 fps. As I said BDO is hard to tell and compare, it all depends on what is going on. If I turned SSAO on during that screen shot I would of got like 28. As it stands, I went back into BDO a hour or so after I took that screen shot, and some one came to the bank with a huge rock thing, and that lowered ti to 27. Sure if I tried now it would be a different number. kruler said:
    Now that I go back and read your posts, I'm not sure where I got that idea.  Maybe I'm just confused or misread something.

If you want to see what your CPU can get, try running the game at minimum settings.  Turn things up one at a time and see what causes a big performance drop.  Sometimes it's just one setting killing everything.

It could also be a problem of you looking at frame rates in crowded cities while someone else measures out in combat where it matters.  Benchmarking is hard, and online games make it harder.

I'm extremely skeptical that the difference between Ryzen and Kaby Lake will be the difference between 30 frames per second and 100.  Check Task Manager to see just how hard it's pushing your CPU.

There can also be weird bugs.  Champions Online had a weird bug where if you had some settings wrong, it would simply stop rendering the game for a few seconds once every five minutes or so.  Both CPU and GPU went basically idle during this time, as it was a bug in the code, not a problem of insufficient hardware.
    edited March 2017
    Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:

Now that I go back and read your posts, I'm not sure where I got that idea.  Maybe I'm just confused or misread something.

If you want to see what your CPU can get, try running the game at minimum settings.  Turn things up one at a time and see what causes a big performance drop.  Sometimes it's just one setting killing everything.

It could also be a problem of you looking at frame rates in crowded cities while someone else measures out in combat where it matters.  Benchmarking is hard, and online games make it harder.

I'm extremely skeptical that the difference between Ryzen and Kaby Lake will be the difference between 30 frames per second and 100.  Check Task Manager to see just how hard it's pushing your CPU.

There can also be weird bugs.  Champions Online had a weird bug where if you had some settings wrong, it would simply stop rendering the game for a few seconds once every five minutes or so.  Both CPU and GPU went basically idle during this time, as it was a bug in the code, not a problem of insufficient hardware.
    I am waiting on that 3d mark thing, but ill check after. I cant be 100 percent, but i did check before. I am pretty sure it used 6% of my cpu, and 80% of my GPU. I believe that 6 % was using 1 core at like 80 percent.
    edited March 2017
    I got 9936 In that Time spy benchmark. On BDO its using between 6 and 14 percent. Hard to tell on task manager how many cores its using. 
    Well I had to sell my 1080ti to buy a UTV, to get wood for my stove, because I dug up my propane line and didn't want to repair it. I found a RX480 for cheap though 150 new on criagslist. I get the same FPS as I did with the 1080ti, mind you I am at 1920 by 1080, but it still is the same FPS, guess this game is seriously dependent on the CPU. i get 20-33 in hidel and 47-60 outside. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    You dug up your propane line that sounds dangerous. Were you trying to plant something there and accidentally dug it up? 

kitarad said:
    You dug up your propane line that sounds dangerous. Were you trying to plant something there and accidentally dug it up? 
    I was digging a ditch for the water that was coming off my hill, and i thought the line was up higher. I wouldn't say it was dangerous, I shut the propane tank off. 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    This game with a 1700 and a 1080ti, I can only get 18-28 in hidel, and 40 outside. Now i really regret buying a 1700.  Any one want to trade :)
    About what I get with my setup as well so I'd love to trade :D
    Reizla said:
    About what I get with my setup as well so I'd love to trade :D
    Lol, sorry already sold the 1080ti ;) It seems this game is 100 percent cpu bound, so a 1080ti wouldn't help.