Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes Statesman Lives Again & Closed Beta Dated - MXM: Master X Master - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCity of Heroes Statesman Lives Again & Closed Beta Dated - MXM: Master X Master - MMORPG.com

MXM: Master X Master News - NCSoft is bringing an iconic City of Heroes character into Master X Master (MXM). Statesman will be added to MXM just in time for the first closed beta event from April 6th through 27th. Statesman is a PARAGON of virtue, a melee juggernaut that specializes in damage mitigation -- just the right person for your tanking needs.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HellscreamHellscream Member UncommonPosts: 98
    ok now just bring back city of heroes and really see that money pour on in
  • edujamedujam Member UncommonPosts: 12
    In honor to city of heroes shame on you ncsoft. I won't even bother to your Moba. License city of heroes to someone else or I'll never ever buy anything from you again.
  • BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Uh, wow, I am flabbergasted. Why in God's name would they bring in Statesman and keep the game shut down? It seems really foolish to me to bring in a character for a game that is dead and not coming back. I think this is like pouring salt into an open wound. People who played CoH still love it and would love for it to come back. There are groups everywhere on Facebook for CoH where people still talk about the game. This is a sad move on NC $oft's part.

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Banegrivm said:
    Uh, wow, I am flabbergasted. Why in God's name would they bring in Statesman and keep the game shut down? It seems really foolish to me to bring in a character for a game that is dead and not coming back. I think this is like pouring salt into an open wound. People who played CoH still love it and would love for it to come back. There are groups everywhere on Facebook for CoH where people still talk about the game. This is a sad move on NC $oft's part.
    I think it's hoping to play on the nostalgia that City of Heroes players might still have.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    I like to think of it as an initial step. First, they see there are still rabid fans, then they start thinking of a return for CoH, maybe in a slightly newer, updated form.

Or they tease us and leave it dead.

T
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    could also be a matter of the license reverting if left inactive for this or that amount of time. 

If so they are petty *bleeeeeeep* and should be *bleeeep* with a *bleep* plugged in to a wall socket. 

Anyway... it is a piss way to do it. =P

This have been a good conversation

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Wow, it's like how Marvel/DC brings back an old character nearly everyone's forgotten about just to keep the IP. This isn't about "honoring" CoH it's about showing they're still using the IP so they can justify not selling it to someone else.
  • IrkenEliteIrkenElite Member UncommonPosts: 17
    1) Positron would have been a better pick, I feel. States was always an ass.

2) How fucking DARE they? It's like "Oh, remember that kitten/puppy you loved? That you got to watch grow into a beloved pet and family member? Then got to watch grow old and you finally had to put to rest? Well... " You get excited for a moment, hoping against hope for a bit of time with your oldest friend again. "... guess what? WE GOT YOU A PICTURE OF ANOTHER KITTEN/PUPPY THAT LOOKS PRETTY SIMILAR! :D :D :D Pretty awesome right? Only costs you a founder's pack/pre-order *dangles picture* ... :} "

So angry right now. So. Angry.
    Yeah I somehow think that NCSoft either have forgotten or simply gravely miscalculated the attitude of the CoH fanbase and how they feel about NCSoft

But i will put that lower than simply "look CoH is still an active IP" 

Anyway... Will be fun to see the fallout from this. 

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Here is a thought .. Bring Back COH .... Give us what we want not what you think we want.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    They are taking the characters from City of Heroes and turning it into a MOBA ?  Why ? This is so sad.
    Chamber of Chains
    Here is a thought .. Bring Back COH .... Give us what we want not what you think we want.
    Here is the thing... They do not care one shit about what "we" want. They just want to be able to lean on CoH being a live IP in case they need to either make legal things happen or for some licensing reason(less likely but still) 

CoH fans does not factor in to it at all. 

• TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Gods damn you, NCSoft.. You hold on to the CoH IP and let it languish in oblivion only to then taunt the crap out of those of us who miss and have fond memories of it??

Companies like this are why the Hulk became my spirit animal.. AAaaargg!!

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• stumpysezstumpysez Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Appalling lack of judgment. I don't normally write these types of things, but I'm coming out of lurker mode to say "fuck you" to NC Soft. Someone in your organization should seriously get your head screwed on straight about recognizing how utterly betrayed many gamers feel by what you did with CoX. So Statesman can kiss my ass, fuck that guy.
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    *oddamn you NCsoft!!! Quit twisting the knife you stabbed us in the back with in 2012. Get your asses to work on 'City of Heroes 2' that you teased us with in 2010 when you trademarked it. I ain't playing jack SH** of any of your games until you do. I hope you piss blood for what you've done to all your loyal CoH players.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited March 2017
    I dont have a dog in this fight, I missed the CoH train.

On paper people may view this as a money grab move, but it could potentially have a negative effect. The only people whom know the Statesman are CoH fans. These fans despise your company, so essentially, you just opened up old wounds and more backlash, good job.

This company is pretty damn dumb for this one, smh. MXM may now become one of the most hated games. This game is not yet established and in the beta stages? lol.

OR....., maybe this is a lead to something else? I could be wrong but this looks like a message to CoH fans. This game is not yet established? So they could revive CoH, to coincide with this game which would be a major marketing move. They cannot be that dumb, to slap CoH fans in the face. Regardless, I got my popcorn ready, this gonna be good.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2017
    I'll admit, this was a punch to the junk for CoH fans.
  • KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    NCSoft has come along and given the knife they left in my heart a twist.... what a slap in the face to COH fans they really dont seem to understand that we want the game back or nothing at all!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    MXM is fantastic, but it really doesn't deliver on its premise. It's supposed to be this epic NCSoft crossover moba, but the roster is full of horribly drawn, immersion-breaking original characters.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Wow... =/
    When I first read the title I was briefly getting excited... what a letdown :(

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    This is a cruel joke.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited March 2017
    thats just cruel :( damn kitarad beat me to it lol :p
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    So this is why they held onto the IP, so they could use the characters in their other shitty games? 

This is a kick to the face for CoH fans, and it's got to suck even worse for Jack Emmert, seeing his creation and in-game alter ego being used like this. Absolutely disgusting. NCSoft can go bleep themselves with rusty iron pineapples covered in bees. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    So this is why they held onto the IP, so they could use the characters in their other shitty games? 

This is a kick to the face for CoH fans, and it's got to suck even worse for Jack Emmert, seeing his creation and in-game alter ego being used like this. Absolutely disgusting. NCSoft can go bleep themselves with rusty iron pineapples covered in bees. 
    I doubt Jack cares all that much. He dropped the whole thing to pursue Champions Online back in the day after all xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I was so excited to see the article…. Then I read it ;(
    Classless as usual NC$oft.
    Soulless Cocks!