Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizon Zero Dawn VS Witcher 3 Ultra Graphics Video

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    filmoret said:
    Witcher looked better overall.  But when he's walking in the dark it just looks really horrible.  Something is off with the lighting or bloom in Witcher.

I was running the video in 1080.   Wouldn't you need a 4k monitor to see a 4k resolution?
    True, but even the Pro can't do 4k, it is just 2k upscaled to 4k so even if you have a 4k monitor you are not seeing 4k.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    filmoret said:
    Witcher looked better overall.  But when he's walking in the dark it just looks really horrible.  Something is off with the lighting or bloom in Witcher.

I was running the video in 1080.   Wouldn't you need a 4k monitor to see a 4k resolution?
    Nothing in witcher 3 made me feel at awe like the first time I saw one of these walking around in the ruins of past civilization.  And many of the other robotic beasts like the stormbird.

Image result for horizon zero dawn tallneck

Ozmodan said:
    filmoret said:

True, but even the Pro can't do 4k, it is just 2k upscaled to 4k so even if you have a 4k monitor you are not seeing 4k.
    Ugh those jagged edges its horrible

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    How is Horizon?  Is it a fun game to play, not that people have had it for a bit.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

MMOman101 said:
    How is Horizon?  Is it a fun game to play, not that people have had it for a bit.
    watch lets play videos on youtube and there are plenty of reviews
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Again I will never understand the PC elitist who still spout that tired nonsense about consoles. Once it was justified but now it's not, yes a console will never match a PC, perhapst budget systems. 

This is the age when a person who claims to love gaming is doing themselves an injustice not owning one of the top consoles preferably the Ps4. 

Hero Dawn Horizon is a masterpiece on a format that many PC elitist call redundant. 

I think not. 
      horizon when I saw the first time I thought ok now they will make a female gerald(same with bayoneta)

only thing I could really care was IF horizon had on pc, if there is not a verson to it serious don't care about the game at all
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    MMOman101 said:
    No thanks.  I would rather read reviews or what people write about it. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

MMOman101 said:
    MMOman101 said:
    No thanks.  I would rather read reviews or what people write about it. 
    Here are some reviews you can read

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/horizon-zero-dawn-review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/horizon-zero-dawn-review

http://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-review/

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/horizon-zero-dawn-review/1900-6416620/

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    They are both beautiful games but once I notice the fluttery, one dimensional flora, I have a hard time not focusing on it.  Maybe it's just me, but the plant life in video games just never seems to fit quite right.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Again I will never understand the PC elitist who still spout that tired nonsense about consoles. Once it was justified but now it's not, yes a console will never match a PC, perhapst budget systems. 

This is the age when a person who claims to love gaming is doing themselves an injustice not owning one of the top consoles preferably the Ps4. 

Hero Dawn Horizon is a masterpiece on a format that many PC elitist call redundant. 

I think not. 
    Can I use a mouse and keyboard organically without an emulator?

If Yes: Then Ok, sure where do I sign up.

If No:  Then, nah, thanks there's no peripheral worse for playing games than a controller.
    H0urg1ass said:

I think not. 
    Can I use a mouse and keyboard organically without an emulator?

If Yes: Then Ok, sure where do I sign up.

If No:  Then, nah, thanks there's no peripheral worse for playing games than a controller.
    Which controller is best for fighting games, platformers, hack and slash (Devil May Cry)?.  I like variety of genres.  I also like to sometimes lay down sideways and relax when I play games like rpgs, which controller is best for that?
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Personally I prefer the Playstation Controller design. However, most PC games have XBox controller support. So getting the PS controller to work sometimes takes a bit of work. This is because the Xbox controller uses its own api that is shared with the Xbox. Easy to port it over.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    edited March 2017

I think not. 

What you totally fail to get, or just forget, is all the other things a PC allows you to do that a console can't. What about mods? What about looking up a game tip on your web browser while you're playing a game? What about playing indie games that haven't been able to pay the extortion money to be officially "approved"? What about playing a game whose politics may not align with a console manufacturers vision of correctness? Etc..

Yes, consoles can be fun for living room entertainment when you have a group of friends over and you want to play video games. But otherwise they are only for small children, and for simpletons who need to have their hands held. Or for people who are just too poh to buy a decent PC.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Pynda said:

I think not. 

What you totally fail to get, or just forget, is all the other things a PC allows you to do that a console can't. What about mods?

Some games on consoles support mods, and I guarantee the list of games which do will continue to grow.

What about looking up a game tip on your web browser while you're playing a game?

I can do that on my PS4. I can browse the web, watch Netflix, Youtube, or Twitch, and instantly switch back to the game I was playing, just as I can on my PC. My 3DS and Xbox 360 can do it too!

What about playing indie games that haven't been able to pay the extortion money to be officially "approved"?

What? There are TONS of indie games on consoles these days. A lot from small one or two person dev teams, too. Almost too many. To self publish a game on XBL or PSN is no more expensive than getting it on Steam, and you can even have your game published on XBL and Windows 10 simultaneously. Hell, games like FEZ were hits on XBL long before they came to PC. You have not one clue as to what you're talking about here. 

What about playing a game whose politics may not align with a console manufacturers vision of correctness? Etc..

Wow, you're really stretching here. The only hardware company which even comes close to this is Nintendo. Almost every single instance of this occurs at the developer, publisher, or in some cases retailer level. And guess what? It happens with PC titles too! 

Yes, consoles can be fun for living room entertainment when you have a group of friends over and you want to play video games. But otherwise they are only for small children, and for simpletons who need to have their hands held. Or for people who are just too poh to buy a decent PC.

And PCs are for snobs with sticks shoved up their asses who get all pissy because a $400 console can output graphics comparable to their water-cooled, power hungry, insanely expensive penis extensions. See, I can make ignorant and idiotic over-generalizations too!

A word of advice from good old Abraham Lincoln: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Though I guess in this case it's a bit late for that, eh?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Monster Hunter X on my 3DS, followed by some Horizon: Zero Dawn on my PS4 Pro. Tomorrow I'll probably be playing Civ5 on my PC though. It's nice to have a variety of options, don't you think? Oh wait, you obviously don't. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

Pynda said:

I think not. 

What you totally fail to get, or just forget, is all the other things a PC allows you to do that a console can't. What about mods?

Some games on consoles support mods, and I guarantee the list of games which do will continue to grow.

What about looking up a game tip on your web browser while you're playing a game?

I can do that on my PS4. I can browse the web, watch Netflix, Youtube, or Twitch, and instantly switch back to the game I was playing, just as I can on my PC. My 3DS and Xbox 360 can do it too!

What about playing indie games that haven't been able to pay the extortion money to be officially "approved"?

What? There are TONS of indie games on consoles these days. A lot from small one or two person dev teams, too. Almost too many. To self publish a game on XBL or PSN is no more expensive than getting it on Steam, and you can even have your game published on XBL and Windows 10 simultaneously. Hell, games like FEZ were hits on XBL long before they came to PC. You have not one clue as to what you're talking about here. 

What about playing a game whose politics may not align with a console manufacturers vision of correctness? Etc..

Wow, you're really stretching here. The only hardware company which even comes close to this is Nintendo. Almost every single instance of this occurs at the developer, publisher, or in some cases retailer level. And guess what? It happens with PC titles too! 

And PCs are for snobs with sticks shoved up their asses who get all pissy because a $400 console can output graphics comparable to their water-cooled, power hungry, insanely expensive penis extensions. See, I can make ignorant and idiotic over-generalizations too!

A word of advice from good old Abraham Lincoln: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Though I guess in this case it's a bit late for that, eh?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Monster Hunter X on my 3DS, followed by some Horizon: Zero Dawn on my PS4 Pro. Tomorrow I'll probably be playing Civ5 on my PC though. It's nice to have a variety of options, don't you think? Oh wait, you obviously don't. 
    Well everyone has their opinion.  I have both an Xbox and a PS4 both sitting collecting dust.  Once you play games on the PC, playing on a console is just so limiting.  Sure once in a while there are games like Horizen that are console exclusive, but I have so many game available to me on the PC there just is not enough time.

So you do your thing, for many of us the PC is all the platform we ever need.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Wizardry said:
    First game i could hear the wind but only once saw grass or anything moving.Detail drops off fast ,like 30 feet past the player.Also could hear a moving brook but the water was dead silent.

Just 30 feet huh?

I agree, 30 feet was being too generous. Thanks for pointing out that HD textures don't load in until 10-15 feet.

The characters do look really nice though. Both from a detail and design standpoint. Top notch stuff.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    im on an old PC and tried to play witcher on medium. its playable, but im not going to play witcher 3 until get a GTX 1080 TI card or sth similar.  i want to experience the witcher on pc in ultra hehehe.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Both Witcher and Horizon look good, but still too much of a cartoony vibe (same as uncharted 4).

GFX wise Star Citizen alpha already takes the cake imo despite being a online game it's pushing tech way further than both of those 2:

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Babuinix said:
    Both Witcher and Horizon look good, but still too much of a cartoony vibe (same as uncharted 4).

GFX wise Star Citizen alpha already takes the cake imo despite being a online game it's pushing tech way further than both of those 2:

Star Citizen to me now looks bland and boring. Should have released years ago. Its going to be outdated by the time it does. 

Tech is good but now its more about about art style and detail. 

edited March 2017
    Recore said:
    Babuinix said:

Star Citizen to me now looks bland and boring. Should have released years ago. Its going to be outdated by the time it does.
    Tech is good but now its more about about art style and detail.
    I kinda understand what you're saying when you refer to is as "bland" but boring not at all.
    Since the game is going for more for that old-school sci-fi realistic feel and not as much deep into the fantasy part as say Destiny for instance I agree that a lot of the footage from what is available to play now may seem a bit bland, too clean, even sterile in the aesthetical pleasing sense.

But make no mistake, there's already a ton of variety and flair right now in the ship's department. You have from sleek, luxurious designs to brute and industrial ones and even alien ones. Same at lesser extent with the clothing options. From clean military to scruffy "pirate" stuff etc and more incoming!

But the thing is that it will keep evolving and getting more stuff, it's a MMORPG after all. Meant to be played by millions of players altogether in a vast universe, not a single-player game like The Witcher or Horizon where you more or less are a one trick pony and rely more in the flair/design of the world to make the experience stand out.

And about the "should have release years ago"..

You do realise that Horizon started its development in 2011?
    To put it in perspective Star Citizen crowdfunding campaign launched at the end of 2012 and there was no development team back then, just about half-dozen people with a dream so the first years were to create a company from scratch and hire talent to work on the game. You could say that only in the past 2,5 years that they've been going at it with a full ongoing crew.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Witcher 3 still takes the cake. But they both look amazing
    Not even close.  Maybe there's more detail on some textures in W3, but the overall environment, art, and post processing in Horizon is better than anything I've ever seen.  Anyone who's played it knows this.  You really have to, preferably on a big screen (I prefer 1080p with additional effects).
    adam_nox said:
    Not even close.  Maybe there's more detail on some textures in W3, but the overall environment, art, and post processing in Horizon is better than anything I've ever seen.  Anyone who's played it knows this.  You really have to, preferably on a big screen (I prefer 1080p with additional effects).
    OFC The Witcher takes the cake compared with Horizon. Even if it released in 2015 it can be (and already has been) improved by MOD's. 1080p? lol How about 4k/5k/8k?

Wizardry said:
    First game i could hear the wind but only once saw grass or anything moving.Detail drops off fast ,like 30 feet past the player.Also could hear a moving brook but the water was dead silent.

Just 30 feet huh?

I agree, 30 feet was being too generous. Thanks for pointing out that HD textures don't load in until 10-15 feet.

The characters do look really nice though. Both from a detail and design standpoint. Top notch stuff.
    Whatever helps you feel good about not playing the game.
    Babuinix said:
    adam_nox said:
    OFC The Witcher takes the cake compared with Horizon. Even if it released in 2015 it can be (and already has been) improved by MOD's. 1080p? lol How about 4k/5k/8k?

Unless you have a 80+ monitor and sit well back from it, you cannot distinguish 4k from 8k.  You also have a good portion of the populace who can never distinguish 8k at all.