Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - 2.6.0 Launch Success - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - 2.6.0 Launch Success - MMORPG.com

This week in Path of Exile, a huge milestone was reached with a 40% increase in concurrent online players, developers are asking for your questions, a compilation of funny videos has been collected and much more. See what's new, Exile!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• fulger_xfulger_x Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Seriously, this game came a long way to what it is now, and I coudnt be happier. Good job to GGG for the hard work they've put into the game since the beggining. Great game. If you haven't played it, and like ARPG's, make yourself a favor and do it now.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    edited March 2017
    This game is head over heals above its competition in every way. It leaves even Blizzard in dust

Shining example of great development and great game. Too bad its 1%

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I love the concept of Path of Exile but I cannot bring myself to ever stick with it. I'm not really into rolling multiple characters, and it seems like the majority of the people who enjoy POE roll characters every season, and rush to get good things on the ladder. Is there any reason to stick to a character? I might go give it another shot if there is.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Change the damn camera angle and I will be able to play longer than level 10!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• ariannae123ariannae123 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited March 2017

I love the concept of Path of Exile but I cannot bring myself to ever stick with it. I'm not really into rolling multiple characters, and it seems like the majority of the people who enjoy POE roll characters every season, and rush to get good things on the ladder. Is there any reason to stick to a character? I might go give it another shot if there is.

Generally, people jump to the new Leagues because the economy is fresh, and it's a chance to try out something new that you haven't done before (Or stick to the tried and true builds. Whatever floats your boat). It's the same reason people play Diablo II after a Ladder reset.

However, you can certainly stick to one character if you so desire. It's basically what Standard League is there for. That's not to say that there will be an infinite amount of content (As there is no alternate advancement type of system in place, and there is definitely a finite amount of content), but there is certainly a hefty amount of it if you choose to do it all. There's really just as much of a "reason" to stick with one character as there is to reroll every League start. It just depends on what type of player you are.

If nothing else, you can simply stick to one character per new League for a happy medium (Every 3 months or so).
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Personally I'm a bit disappointed with the economy exploits that happened this league.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Explains the lag and why it's unplayable for me since 2.6.0 Still my 8200 life Marauder I just press the Leap slam button and it dies. As well as that thingy which uses 100% of my mana and makes my melee skills free.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It does a lot better than Diablo but Diablo maps are better in every way.
    Stil lcomes down to the combat and that is why i don't like arpg's,the combat is meaningless,the entire positive of the game/genre happens outside the combat and in the building.Guess what,i want a game a FULl game,not just gem inserting and a FFX chart system to form a build.

I also want z-axis not linear straight line combat and i want several factors to play into combat,not just the build.

The genre imo is big time in it's infancy,it has a very long way to go befoe i would say it is even clsoe to Triple A gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.