Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tree of Savior adds an "I win" button.

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
I've sometimes conjured the "I win" button as a rhetorical device, to argue that just because something makes a game easier doesn't automatically mean you should use it.  I didn't expect anyone to actually add such a feature to a significant game.  But Tree of Savior did.

It's called an "Instance Clear Voucher".  Basically, if you're in a dungeon and someone in your party uses such a voucher, it kills all of the mobs.  In the entire dungeon.  Everyone in your party gets the experience, silver, and loot that they'd have gotten for clearing the entire dungeon, without having to do the work of actually clearing the dungeon.  Yes, really.

Now, there are some restrictions on them.  For starters, a single voucher is only good for dungeons with a level below 100.  You can craft three of the basic vouchers into a two-star version that works for dungeons below level 200.  But for level 200 dungeons and up, you can't use instance clear vouchers.  For comparison, the level cap is currently 330.

Furthermore, they're decently rare, so it doesn't turn into all instance-clear vouchers all the time.  If I hop into the queue at a random time, I'd expect someone to use such a voucher maybe 20% or 30% of the time.  If that happens, the free clear is quick, so I jump back into the queue to follow it with a real dungeon clear.  People who are going to use a voucher use it at the start of a run, not halfway through, so it doesn't get pulled out as an unexpected surprise far into a run.

Dungeon runs per day are also limited, so a whale can't just use 100 instance clear vouchers in a row to be instantly level 200.  You typically get two runs of a given dungeon per day, or three for subscribers.

But here's the really shocking thing.  Did you interpret my post thus far as being, "Tree of Savior put something stupidly overpowered in the item mall"?  Because I said no such thing.  The game has such an item mall, as it's a "free to play" game, though the most important thing in the item mall by far is a "token", basically a monthly subscription.  But instance clear vouchers aren't in the item mall.

Now, whales who want to buy a ton of instance clear vouchers sort of can.  Whales you want to stock up can buy tokens (basically, a month's subscription), sell them on the auction house for silver, and use the silver to buy instance clear vouchers from other players.  But the actual source of the vouchers is as a fairly rare drop from mobs, and there are only so many to be had.  To go that route, you'd expect to pay about $2 per voucher.

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I hopped back into this game recently and have been having fun until today. I hit 50 last night so I was finally able to enter the first dungeon. People use these clear vouchers and I go from 50 to 63 in about a minute. I'm a bit annoyed since I wanted to actually play the game. So I requeue and get another person using vouchers. Now I'm 70 so I've gained 20 levels in about 5 minutes. I'm even more irritated at this point of all of that playtime that I've just been robbed of and I had no say in the matter.

There is no way to opt out of this. So luckily I had extra cash shop currency and had purchased a Token the other day, so I have an extra dungeon run. I'm just hoping I can actually get the queue to pop. It was near instant the first two times and now it's taking a while. We shall see. 

But overall they need to add an opt out for this. Some of us actually want to play the game and now I'm stuck here not knowing what to do. Part of me wants to reroll but I feel like it took a lot of time and effort to hit 50 so I am hesitant to do that. I also have a few hair and hat items on this character and I'm not sure if I can put all of those items, as well as the rest of my inventory, in my bank for an alt to take. Either way I'm not happy.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    complaining about leveling up too fast for free because your party members are powerleveling you basically?  dude, in daoc, we killed for powerleveling.  hahaha.  i think the majority of gamers everywhere would kill to have their group mates use vouchers to get them levels in any game.  and its tree of savior haha, no one cares that much.  its good info to know, its definitely not the end of anyone's gaming world hehehe.  but one time i asked to have my class nerfed in a game cuz tons of noobs were rolling it because a patch made it overpowered overnight haha.  so sometimes ppl are unhappy about stuff that makes other ppl very happy hehe.

thanks for the info, but i dun think this will turn anyone on or off to it, as i think ToS is something you really like and want to try regardless, or you are turned off by its graphics/gameplay just by looking at it.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    edited March 2017
    time007 said:
    complaining about leveling up too fast for free because your party members are powerleveling you basically?  dude, in daoc, we killed for powerleveling.  hahaha.  i think the majority of gamers everywhere would kill to have their group mates use vouchers to get them levels in any game.  and its tree of savior haha, no one cares that much.  its good info to know, its definitely not the end of anyone's gaming world hehehe.  but one time i asked to have my class nerfed in a game cuz tons of noobs were rolling it because a patch made it overpowered overnight haha.  so sometimes ppl are unhappy about stuff that makes other ppl very happy hehe.

thanks for the info, but i dun think this will turn anyone on or off to it, as i think ToS is something you really like and want to try regardless, or you are turned off by its graphics/gameplay just by looking at it.  
    This is a game with hundreds of levels. Leveling IS the game. It's fun. It's not like you have to wait to the endgame to "get to the fun stuff". Besides, it should be my choice to be powerleveled or not. Some of us enjoy leveling. And when it comes to group dungeons, isn't that fun for most people? 
    Aori said:
    Do you still have to find the dungeon entrance NPC to enter a dungeon?
    I haven't tried any other way. The game has a quest that basically led me to the entrance so I'm not sure yet. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited March 2017
    I also would get pissed off if I get levelled without my permission. One of the reasons I hated the dungeon queue in WoW they would rush it and I would not get to see the dungeon just blast through.

I understand your point and using a coupon and levelling without actually doing the dungeon would have made me sad and annoyed for sure .

It depends on why you're playing, if like in DAoC you're only there for the RvR getting power levelled makes sense but even then it would be with your permission not like this where they take you for the ride when you never agreed . There should be an option that lets you opt out of coupon runs.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Quizzical said:
    I've sometimes conjured the "I win" button as a rhetorical device, to argue that just because something makes a game easier doesn't automatically mean you should use it.  I didn't expect anyone to actually add such a feature to a significant game.
    Answered your own question right there.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    It's just another way to skip the grinding, many MMOs have already done this.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    It's just another way to skip the grinding, many MMOs have already done this.
    Yea but when the grind is the game it's completely pointless. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    edited March 2017
    Leiloni said:
    I hopped back into this game recently and have been having fun until today. I hit 50 last night so I was finally able to enter the first dungeon. People use these clear vouchers and I go from 50 to 63 in about a minute. I'm a bit annoyed since I wanted to actually play the game. So I requeue and get another person using vouchers. Now I'm 70 so I've gained 20 levels in about 5 minutes. I'm even more irritated at this point of all of that playtime that I've just been robbed of and I had no say in the matter.

There is no way to opt out of this. So luckily I had extra cash shop currency and had purchased a Token the other day, so I have an extra dungeon run. I'm just hoping I can actually get the queue to pop. It was near instant the first two times and now it's taking a while. We shall see. 

But overall they need to add an opt out for this. Some of us actually want to play the game and now I'm stuck here not knowing what to do. Part of me wants to reroll but I feel like it took a lot of time and effort to hit 50 so I am hesitant to do that. I also have a few hair and hat items on this character and I'm not sure if I can put all of those items, as well as the rest of my inventory, in my bank for an alt to take. Either way I'm not happy.
    1)  What commonly happens is that, when someone is going to use a voucher, they buy three and then use them on three consecutive runs.  So if you're in a group that uses a voucher and after it ends, you hop right back in the queue, there's a good chance that it's going to be another voucher used by the same person as before.

2)  A lot of people who are going to use a voucher advertise it in the server-wide chat, as they want to get people to come quickly.  If someone said they're using a voucher for a dungeon you want to do, that's your warning.  They don't always give such warning, but they often do.

3)  Stop using experience cards for a while until you've cleared the content that you want to up to your new level.  It's not a perfect fix, but it mostly lets you self-regulate it.