Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Reasons to Check Out Revelation Online - Revelation Online Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Best Reasons to Check Out Revelation Online - Revelation Online Previews

Revelation Online just entered Open Beta, and things are already off to a quick start with thousands of players joining in the “no-more-wipes” test. It’s a herculean task to localize a game like Revelation Online, but one thing that shines through the ongoing process is just how many different features RO has at its disposal to make it intriguing for fans of the MMORPG.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Ricardo58Ricardo58 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    What guarantee is there that this isn't just going to be like Blade and Soul and die off in a year or year and half?...
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    There is just no real reason to play this game, there are far better games out there.  This game offers very mediocre gameplay compared to most other games.  There is nothing innovative about it, they have pretty much copied most of the mechanisms from other eastern games and not done it in a very good way.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Ricardo58 said:
    What guarantee is there that this isn't just going to be like Blade and Soul and die off in a year or year and half?...
    There are never any guarantees in video games, especially mmos in longevity.  You should only worry whether or not you actually like the game. 
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Ricardo58 said:

that long?
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Gold selling spam endlessly in chat with a limited blacklist cap. Uninstalled the game and decided to never look back. Its bad and they are making no effort to clean it up.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Ricardo58 said:

Rofl... You are waaaaay too optimistic. 1 year... I'd be surprised if the game isn't dead within the next 3 months.

This game have literally nothing to offer... It's the first time in my life that I have asked for a refund.

Also loving it how now not being gender locked feels almost like a feature haha.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Do yourself a favor. Download just for the character creation. Even if you never play it's worth your time just to have fun with what you can do with their robust system. And it may be as you say, that it copies what other Asian games do, but it was new to me and I found it the very satisfying experience.

Flying is okay, but dashing is really great. Clearly, the intent is to give players freedom of movement across the game. You can mount in dungeons, as well. I compare this to the draconian grind that Blizzard imposes on players wanting to fly in WoW and I find WoW's insistence on gating flying behind months of work to be entirely out of step with what I want as a player.

Probably the best thing going for it, from my perspective, is the ability to solo dungeons, which are communal rather than group-instanced. So you can go solo into one, find a group while you're there and join up. I don't know if this is true for all the dungeons, but it is for the early ones.

I'm as cynical as the next long-time MMO player, but I think this one's got legs.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    revelation is trash compared to blade and soul. On the first day of release they sold cash shop items lower then the exchange price. lots of people already have unlimited points.

Archeage EU - Nui

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited March 2017

Ricardo58 said:

I did not know Blade And Soul died. Currently the 2nd highest game in revenue for NC Soft behind Lineage.

As for the West,

NA currently has 16 Servers

Europe currently as 11 Servers

Blade and Soul is doing fine.

• G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 85
    The Pay 2 Win combined with no real open world game play really killed the game for me :(

I was really hoping it would be good too~

• whiswherwhiswher Member UncommonPosts: 4
    This game generates so hate, most of the people that talk about this game didnt get past level 35.
    Im no white knight, but there is so wrong information. Like there is real open world, the problemn the game is designed more like instanced type. Who loved lineage 2 c2 will love this game it has realy good similarities.
    We could argue that some of the features is kinda copies from other mmos, but for real, we dont see anything new, just recycled stuff. The gameplay is realy fast paced you need to have reflexes for me better than BnS, well its a matter of opinion.

About p2w i cant argue with that, where i find to a certain degree p2w, it depends what p2w is to us, maybe p2skip. doenst matter my.com is greedy and unfair. Period.

The real problemn is the publisher, my.com who managed this game realy bad. No voice acting, bad to no existent translations. Full of gold sellers, no customer support, etc.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Last I heard, this game's cash shop was obscenely P2W. 

whiswher said:

This game generates so hate, most of the people that talk about this game didnt get past level 35.

Im no white knight, but there is so wrong information. Like there is real open world, the problemn the game is designed more like instanced type. Who loved lineage 2 c2 will love this game it has realy good similarities.

We could argue that some of the features is kinda copies from other mmos, but for real, we dont see anything new, just recycled stuff. The gameplay is realy fast paced you need to have reflexes for me better than BnS, well its a matter of opinion.

About p2w i cant argue with that, where i find to a certain degree p2w, it depends what p2w is to us, maybe p2skip. doenst matter my.com is greedy and unfair. Period.

The real problemn is the publisher, my.com who managed this game realy bad. No voice acting, bad to no existent translations. Full of gold sellers, no customer support, etc.

I played every closed beta to max level along with Chinese servers to 69.

The game has a huge open world but you really don't do anything in most of it aside from the insanely long story line quests that might have you go through parts of it.

That bring up another issue I had with the game. The amount of questing they have you do is out of this world crazy. Cut scenes that you can't skip half the time.

Far more negatives about this game than positives personally.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    THis is probably the worst MMO I have ever played...Horrible UI, stereotypical asian crap....YOu couldnt pay me enough to play this...If we keep getting horrible MMOs like this then I have no hope for this genre
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited March 2017
    Revelation Online beats Blade & Soul in exploration. There haven't been invisible barriers from what i've explored so far. In B&S, you constantly run into them.

The combat is awkward though, since it's a hybrid tab-target and action-combat. The questing is annoying, since it forces you to hit Spacebar after every dialogue.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    for me this is the games problem, most people have 'heard' that the cash shop is p2w :) 

Firstly the cash shop is open to everyone and no you dont need to spend a penny, as ingame currency can be used to buy other players cash shop money.
    There is nothing i have found (other than costumes that have 0 stats on them) in the cash shop that i haven' t been able to get very easy from the vendors, yes you might need rep, but rep is easily gained by just doing a few flying around dailies.
    The game does have flaws, but in about 15-20 MMO that i have played in cbt/obt i have not found one that doesn't have a flaw

If someone would like to link me an item they consider P2W - and by that definition something that is gained by cash shop only and not in game then i will concede my point, ,but as of yet i have not come across that and all my items / gear has been gained via ingame currency/work/crafting. 

lvl 58 SM 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Let's be honest. The real reason people are interested in this game is for the wings. I mean, that's the first thing that the article mentions when it was already fairly obvious.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis

Quazal.A said:

for me this is the games problem, most people have 'heard' that the cash shop is p2w :) 

Firstly the cash shop is open to everyone and no you dont need to spend a penny, as ingame currency can be used to buy other players cash shop money.
    There is nothing i have found (other than costumes that have 0 stats on them) in the cash shop that i haven' t been able to get very easy from the vendors, yes you might need rep, but rep is easily gained by just doing a few flying around dailies.
    The game does have flaws, but in about 15-20 MMO that i have played in cbt/obt i have not found one that doesn't have a flaw

If someone would like to link me an item they consider P2W - and by that definition something that is gained by cash shop only and not in game then i will concede my point, ,but as of yet i have not come across that and all my items / gear has been gained via ingame currency/work/crafting. 

lvl 58 SM 

Pay 2 Win does not mean the only way to obtain said item is by paying money. P2W literally means you pay money to gain an advantage which in Revelation Online that is 100% true to the most extreme definition.

You can literally turn real life cash into in game cash.

You can buy an unlimited amount of Ausgyth Points which is one of the hardest currencies to get in the game and is basically used for all aspects of character progression.

In a game where gear out weights skill heavily... being able to progress your gear to end game in a matter of days through the cash shop rather than months through playing the game is extremely pay 2 win.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Quazal.A said:

lvl 58 SM 

Pay 2 Win does not mean the only way to obtain said item is by paying money. P2W literally means you pay money to gain an advantage which in Revelation Online that is 100% true to the most extreme definition.

You can buy an unlimited amount of Ausgyth Points which is one of the hardest currencies to get in the game and is basically used for all aspects of character progression.

In a game where gear out weights skill heavily... being able to progress your gear to end game in a matter of days through the cash shop rather than months through playing the game is extremely pay 2 win.

Just curious, those who buy their way through quickly, what do they win?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Quazal.A said:

lvl 58 SM 

Just curious, those who buy their way through quickly, what do they win?

Not sure if your question is serious or not... but in a game where gear plays such a defining role in your ability to progress. Being able to pay to progress that gear quicker just means all other progression is that much quicker / easier.

Also try doing Open World PvP / Guild Battles / Instanced PvP as someone whos gear is +5 - +10 against people who payed money to get their gear to +15. You will literally feel like your doing nothing productive against anyone.
  • AzukaeAzukae Member UncommonPosts: 14
    The best reason to not play Revelation online : My.com.
    They ban def people from forum for posting screenshot of Virustotal scan, it's telling a bunch.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Reasons to play = none.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Just the next 2+ year old asian port meant to get some gullible western whale dollars before it implodes after a few weeks.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Ricardo58 said:

Will be interesting to see how its doing during the summer when ESO and FF come out with their expansions.
  • ssidimanssidiman Member CommonPosts: 2
    It's just another cheap Chinese third-rate online game. It has really nothing new to offer.