Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible game/ 8.6 rating is fake > 3.8 would be appropriate

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Well we all can't enjoy the same things, but BDO are a little different, you really can't play it as a regular themepark quest ride, you have to soak plenty of hours into it before you fully see what you can do, simply put play 1 day in a classic themepark then you basicly done everything there is to offer, play 1 day of BDO, you haven't scratched the surface.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    The UI takes like 10 minutes max to get used to for people who are used to the now standard MMORPG UIs.

In reality, the OP is pissed because he needs 4 hours to download 48gb ;)
    I would like to protest that it is not standard for MMORPGs to hard-code in that function 3 must be a combination of the keys for functions 1 and 2 together, even though the keys for functions 1 and 2 can be changed.  Black Desert does that, and it made it impossible for me to get a control configuration that I liked.  I've never seen another game make that mistake.
    Not entirely sure what you're saying or wanting here.
    Let's suppose that by default, skill 1 uses key A, skill 2 uses key B, and skill 3 uses keys A+B.  The three skills can be remapped to other keys, but not independently.  If I change skill 1 to use key C rather than A, then that will change skill 3 to use C+B rather than A+B.  I can't change skill 3 to use some other key or combination of keys.  It's hard-coded in that skill 3 must be the key for skill 1 plus the key for skill 2 together.  That's really awkward to deal with, and I'd much prefer to be able to make skill 3 into some completely independent key that has nothing to do with skills 1 and 2.

I use a controller to play most games, not a keyboard and mouse.  That does mean I need to use combinations of buttons for a lot of things.  But I need to be able to pick the combinations of buttons in a sensible way.  The main things that get used a lot and need easy access get a button by themselves without a combination.  Less commonly used things or things where a slight delay is acceptable (e.g., navigating menus or talking to NPCs) get a combination of one or occasionally two of the top bumpers plus one of the main buttons, or perhaps one of the harder to reach buttons.  The top bumper(s) that are used for such combination skills aren't assigned to anything on their own.  That works great for handling skills in games with relatively few skills, and is at least manageable in games with a lot of skills.

Black Desert says I can't do that.  They decided to hard-code in that some important skills must be a combination of two buttons that are each used on their own for other important skills.  I haven't a clue why they did that, but it was a terrible decision that offers no benefit whatsoever.  I've never seen any other game make that mistake, at least without also making the much more severe blunder of making it impossible to modify your control scheme.  It's the single largest reason why I quit Black Desert.  The game seemed promising, but it was too awkward to control, so I gave up.
    Well it isn't entirely surprising though, this has always been a thing with games with combos, I don't know of a single one you can remap the way you're wanting. I mean you're still going to have to hit the punch button no matter where you moved it to perform a Shoryuken.
    This isn't a case of, press A then B to use skill 3.  This is a case of, if you press A and B at exactly the same time, you use skill 3.  Press one a little before the other and you get skill 1 or 2 instead, possibly followed by some other skill.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Aori said:
    Hatefull said:
    While I did not have any performance issues in this game, I truly dislike the game. Combat, auto-run to everywhere, gender locked classes, it all amounted to a very unappealing time for me. I gave it a few days (around 40 hours) tried several toons and in the end just uninstalled. Just not for me.
    The combat complain I understand, that is a taste thing. Gender locking, sure I understand it too but I think it is silly.

Auto running I don't understand peoples complaints with it, you don't have to use it but it is there if you want it. Auto or even instant transit mechanics have been in MMOs since forever but for some reason this is an issue.

Either way sometimes games just don't click with people. I also think it helps not walking into it with a negative bias but hey that is just me.
    I knew nothing about the game before I tried it. Literally nothing. I tried it and as I stated, it's not for me. And no autorun has not been a thing forever it has only relatively recently been in games and I pretty much refuse to play a game that has it. Again, personal preference.

I don't like, it as I said I think it is just not for me. I didn't say it was a bad game, I didn't trash or try to anyway, I said I didn't like the game, gave a couple reasons and ended with just not for me. I really don't need you to white knioght a game to me, that I simply do not like. I am absolutely not trying to make you (or anyone for that matter) dislike the game, play it, love it, enjoy it, more power to you. The game simply is not for me.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Hatefull said:
    Aori said:
    Hatefull said:
    While I did not have any performance issues in this game, I truly dislike the game. Combat, auto-run to everywhere, gender locked classes, it all amounted to a very unappealing time for me. I gave it a few days (around 40 hours) tried several toons and in the end just uninstalled. Just not for me.
    The combat complain I understand, that is a taste thing. Gender locking, sure I understand it too but I think it is silly.

Auto running I don't understand peoples complaints with it, you don't have to use it but it is there if you want it. Auto or even instant transit mechanics have been in MMOs since forever but for some reason this is an issue.

Either way sometimes games just don't click with people. I also think it helps not walking into it with a negative bias but hey that is just me.
    I knew nothing about the game before I tried it. Literally nothing. I tried it and as I stated, it's not for me. And no autorun has not been a thing forever it has only relatively recently been in games and I pretty much refuse to play a game that has it. Again, personal preference.

I don't like, it as I said I think it is just not for me. I didn't say it was a bad game, I didn't trash or try to anyway, I said I didn't like the game, gave a couple reasons and ended with just not for me. I really don't need you to white knioght a game to me, that I simply do not like. I am absolutely not trying to make you (or anyone for that matter) dislike the game, play it, love it, enjoy it, more power to you. The game simply is not for me.
    It's important to distinguish between two types of autorun:

1)  implicitly holds down the run forward key for you without you having to physically hold the key down
    2)  automatically runs some complicated, not necessarily obvious route to take you to some NPC or quest area

The former has been in many MMORPGs for a long time, and I don't see why anyone would complain about it.  The latter isn't exactly a new innovation (e.g., Uncharted Waters: New Horizons for SNES had it in 1993), but wasn't common in MMORPGs until more recently.
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    Aori said:
    Well it isn't entirely surprising though, this has always been a thing with games with combos, I don't know of a single one you can remap the way you're wanting. I mean you're still going to have to hit the punch button no matter where you moved it to perform a Shoryuken.
    This isn't a case of, press A then B to use skill 3.  This is a case of, if you press A and B at exactly the same time, you use skill 3.  Press one a little before the other and you get skill 1 or 2 instead, possibly followed by some other skill.
    ...welcome to games with combos. This is a skill thing, what you described is failing at doing it right. I honestly don't mean this as a slight. That is just how these types of combat systems are and always have been. Remapping isn't going to fix your problem.
    What advantage is there to intentionally making your game awkward to play?  As I said, I've never seen another MMORPG sabotage their own game in that particular way, apart from by making it impossible to modify the default control scheme at all.

In the Street Fighter 2 era, combos meant that you could have more skills than buttons on a controller that had few buttons.  But that excuse is long since gone.  People with programmable keyboards can map the combo to a single key if they want, anyway, so why go out of your way to give such people an artificial gameplay advantage?

I have seen some games that made it so that you could only use skill B immediately following skill A, or following a block or dodge or whatever.  That's not what I'm complaining about here.  It's a skill that you can use whenever you want, but have to have a particular combination of keys to use it, which is completely stupid.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Not a crafter or a Pvper, but the game runs smooth. Though, their idea of PVE group content is Summoning Scrolls.Things die too fast before you can even go through your whole combo.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Goromhir said:
    kitarad said:
    Did you try to do any of the trading between areas. Have you managed to hire any workers and started doing any of the crafting. Have you tried to breed horses. Have you started .... you know what I won't bother. 
    you must be kidding me right ??? Why should i try anything else ????
    This game is horrible
    I dont want to trade or hire anything :D

The basic functions of this game like combat, movement, GUI and grafic settings are already so bad that i dont even want to spend 5 mins more on it.

The combat was gawd-awful imo. You just gather a bunch of trash and hack away. I agree, well, besides the visuals. I thought the game looked amazing and ran pretty well on my system, but the combat made me want to punch a kitten in the throat. It's just soooooooo Asian. Not that there's anything wrong with that lol, if it's your bag, it just wasn't for me. 

cant play bdo on a gameboy kid..

ask your parents for a new pc
    The best computer on the planet won't make that combat worthwhile... It's garbage. 

OP makes rant post. Preemptively calls any retorts "fake news" before they're made.

Anybody want to bet on country of origin?

All jokes aside, maybe OP should give some background into what they consider is good so readers can observe if it was a good idea to start playing in the first place.

With all the video and information on the game, how did you get this SO wrong (4 hours worth of wrong). I would ask if you have internet but you need it to get in the game so...
    This is actually a pretty bad post. I watched plenty of videos on this game before trying. It looked pretty interesting. Sometimes, you don't know something is garbage until you put it in your mouth. Only then can you spit it out. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I had a similar experience with the game. It was just a hot mess to me and I can't understand why people like it. It's cool they have something they like.. I just genuinely don't get this game at all.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    edited March 2017
    I found the game horrible for the 5 few hours and considered uninstalling after the first 2.
    The UI, movenent. . the voice overs not matching text.  The characters. . art etc.

I gave it a shot again later and once I played it a bit more I was okay enough to keep pushing.

There ended up being a lot that I liked but then the hack-a-thon started.  I am considering giving it another go.  I completely get how someone could be completely turned off by it though.  Why is it impossible for people to believe the experience the OP had. . which is his stated opinion. . is true for him.  I wasn't far off and ended up liking the game but not enough to slog through.

It is not impossible.  Oh I did mean to ask the OP. . where did 3.8 come from. . very specific :)

Ah. . I see the possible troll.. . the text of the post isn't so bad it was the subject line that got people all up in arms.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    SBFord said:
    Vive la difference!
    Whoa, whoa, whoa there! What sort of crazy talk is THAT?!

That's not how this is supposed to work!!! :pleased:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    BDO is like dating a cross between the most beautiful, sensual model in the world and Sam Harris.
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    Aori said:
    ...welcome to games with combos. This is a skill thing, what you described is failing at doing it right. I honestly don't mean this as a slight. That is just how these types of combat systems are and always have been. Remapping isn't going to fix your problem.
    What advantage is there to intentionally making your game awkward to play?  As I said, I've never seen another MMORPG sabotage their own game in that particular way, apart from by making it impossible to modify the default control scheme at all.

In the Street Fighter 2 era, combos meant that you could have more skills than buttons on a controller that had few buttons.  But that excuse is long since gone.  People with programmable keyboards can map the combo to a single key if they want, anyway, so why go out of your way to give such people an artificial gameplay advantage?

I have seen some games that made it so that you could only use skill B immediately following skill A, or following a block or dodge or whatever.  That's not what I'm complaining about here.  It's a skill that you can use whenever you want, but have to have a particular combination of keys to use it, which is completely stupid.
    That is just the combat system it employs, it isn't sabotage.

You can play the game without using the combo system and the majority of those abilities that require A+B can be placed on the hotbar. However you won't be as good as someone else using the combo as intended but it is there to help people.

What you described with the programmable keyboard is actually against the TOS as it bypasses the combo system. 
    So you're telling me that you believe that game developers sit around trying to come up with ways to make their game more awkward to play?  Why would anyone do that?  What advantage is there to doing that?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    Every single time i went  to do something i was like WTF !!!
    That is how retarded their ideas are behind this game.
    The combat was like WTF
    The questing as like WTF ,why is this devil smoke vanishing and appearing out of thin air,makes zero sense.Like some entity would think "oh hey ,i know what my goal in existence should b,handing out quests ...lmao  WTF !!!
    Auto travel  WTF

auto fishing  WTF

Ranger no ammo loading,no ammo period,just magically has infinite ammo  lmao WTF

Combos...spin o ramma's,back flips side to side dodging...WTF

Seriously,the people that designed it must have been smoking some serious Ganja.

So i though,hey maybe i can get my money back :D...Their stance "no because you took the virtual reward" WTF !!

How can i take something virtual,i NEVER own it,they don't mail it to me or send via courier,it is just a virtual item that never costs them a single dime to give me.

Oh and the well the node system,all kinds of lines flying through the sky WTF !! talk about a dev team that knows how to ruin immersion 100% of the time, way better than they know how to create a good plausible game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I agree with the 3.8. For all the sandbox talk it sure felt like themepark garbage to me. Paypal actually gave me my money back when I put in a claim for Black Desert not being as advertised.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Hatefull said:
    Aori said:
    Hatefull said:

And no autorun has not been a thing forever it has only relatively recently been in games and I pretty much refuse to play a game that has it. Again, personal preference.

BDO's autorun mechanic has been around since at least Eve, which for the MMO genre is forever.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited March 2017
    Oziius said:

Sometimes, you don't know something is garbage until you put it in your mouth. Only then can you spit it out. 
    That's what she said. Sorry, couldn't resist....

@OP Also, your opinion does not make a game bad. An opinion without any facts and just random bursts of emotion however does make your opinion void of any meaning or weight. Stop screaming and start talking, people might listen better then. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited March 2017
    Paypal actually gave me my money back when I put in a claim for Black Desert not being as advertised.
    Dishonest people will always find a way to be dishonest.
    I forget, was it AA you got the refund for shortly after launch? Something about not being like the alpha experience, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited March 2017
    Goromhir said:
    i just played this stuttering , horrible looking game with the worst GUI possible for 1 whole day and just had the best feeling about this game when i removed it from my computer :dizzy:

OMG! how can someone enjoy this ? truly ?

I played a Tamer girly child character which i truly hated because there was no male version of this class to level 20 just to see how the pets are. Once i had this black animal i removed the game from my computer....

Nothing in this game really works smooth. 

The whole time i was playing i had a bad feeling about the stupid overbright and salad like grafic engine...

run run run auto run.... from quest to quest.

The Camera doest have a Auto-behind function which forced me to correct it manually all the time while running....

Maybe Asians like this kind of game but i regret every second i wasted on this crap.

48GB downloaded for nothing but a horrible experience.......

(if there are some fanbois starting to bash me here,  please dont trust them if you havent played this game yet, they are fake like the 8.6 rating is)
    Well I dont agree, I dont play it anymore. Because of the way everything is to random. Everything I did played smoothly. The combat was fluid, its the only mmo with such a vivid alive world, that make you feel like the worlds alive, minus one ryzom, but that has bad graphics. The graphics are second 2 none. The animations are good, you climb on buildings like in dying light which no mmo does. 

I am far from a fan boy, I hate the game, due to the cash shop and economy.  All those problems you state arent problems lol. The camera is fine you just dont know how to use it. The quests you dont have to auto run if you dont want to. There is no mmo that isnt run run run to quests, so I dono what your smoking. 

Ill give you that part about asians, vs americans. Americans are the epicenter of stupid. So yeah, if the game requires you to do something other than ball slap the keyboard, than yep it wont be popular here. I mean Americans cant even operate a washing machine with out a lid lock cause were so stupid as a people we might stick our arms in it and get it ripped off.

Hense also why a game like stellaris, is 100 times more popular than distant worlds, and both are not even close to the popularity of say farm ville. 

So yeah BDO, is not for the hand held. It requires you to plan everything out. Also that is why ryzom only has 1000 people or so playing it, because it makes BDO look like monopoly JR.

Some games I think you would like more are ESO, WOW, and some others like that, where literally you cant fail at all ever. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited March 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Every single time i went  to do something i was like WTF !!!
    That is how retarded their ideas are behind this game.
    The combat was like WTF
    The questing as like WTF ,why is this devil smoke vanishing and appearing out of thin air,makes zero sense.Like some entity would think "oh hey ,i know what my goal in existence should b,handing out quests ...lmao  WTF !!!
    Auto travel  WTF

auto fishing  WTF

Ranger no ammo loading,no ammo period,just magically has infinite ammo  lmao WTF

Combos...spin o ramma's,back flips side to side dodging...WTF

Seriously,the people that designed it must have been smoking some serious Ganja.

So i though,hey maybe i can get my money back :D...Their stance "no because you took the virtual reward" WTF !!

How can i take something virtual,i NEVER own it,they don't mail it to me or send via courier,it is just a virtual item that never costs them a single dime to give me.

Oh and the well the node system,all kinds of lines flying through the sky WTF !! talk about a dev team that knows how to ruin immersion 100% of the time, way better than they know how to create a good plausible game.
    That's because you have wrong expectations. You literally make a decision that "this" is how things should be and then show up expecting that the game is congruent to how you think.

"The combat was like WTF"

You either like it or hate it and of course this is personal choice

"auto fishing  WTF"

Actual live fishing yields you better results. This is just a way to keep the world feeling populated and allow players to work a little on making money.  But if you want to actually make "money" then you wouldn't auto fish.

"Auto travel  WTF"

Not sure why this is an issue, it's nice to put my character on auto travel and then actually enjoy the scenery without giving myself carpal tunnel. Especially in a game where there is no fast travel for the most part and you would constantly have to have your hand on the controls.

"Ranger no ammo loading,no ammo period,"

While I would agree with you it seems that many modern games are going this route. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have any ammo either. Of course, you would have to ask yourself if carrying 1,000 arrows is actually "realistic" if you are asking for a game to always be realistic. I would be fine with carrying a "realistic" amount of arrows but I suspect a lot of people would find that tedious.  Looking it up it seems a quiver can hold from 3 to 24. Not going to be much of an Archer in a fantasy game with that. But maybe that's better for a more "realistic" game. How many arrows does Mount and Blade allow?

"Combos...spin o ramma's,back flips side to side dodging..."

Because it's "that type of game". Many Asian games incorporate over the top combat. You might not like it but "it's a style" and while it's not for everyone, "over the top" combat has been around a looooooong time. In movies, in games.

"Oh and the well the node system,all kinds of lines flying through the sky WTF"

Not sure what you are talking about, there are no lines in the sky. You must not have turned an option off.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    For Me it was the worst MMO I ever paid for. There was nothing I liked including the graphics. Lesson learned, don't go by reviews
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Kyleran said:
    Paypal actually gave me my money back when I put in a claim for Black Desert not being as advertised.
    I forget, was it AA you got the refund for shortly after launch? Something about not being like the alpha experience, right?
    Because it was actually true. In beta I got a garden and even a house. That was impossible after launch despite the game relying quite heavily on it, unless you had no life, because of the limited supply. Big "no life" guilds hogged all the plots. All properties were rushed by those playing 24/7 the first days. Many warned them during beta about that potential issue but they didn't listen, and of course what had to happen happened. It's the only MMO ever for which I asked for a refund, and I didn't go through paypal either but got it directly from the game company.

There's nothing like that in BDO, which I've also been playing since beta, and there was no lie by the developers about what the game would be either. The game is exactly what has been told in the numerous articles, reviews and developers letters before release, and the beta experience exactly the same than the release experience. And what happened in AA is impossible in BDO, because they designed their property/crafting system with MMO in mind.
    I understand your reasons, as you may recall there was also rampant hacking at launch including one which permitted players to grab up land even if they weren't standing at the plot to buy it. I should have asked for a refund for that reason alone but I didn't think to.

But back to your reasons, it was impossible to get land and a house.  First, the Devs did not promise everyone would get one. Also, as you said, everyone knew there was going to be shortage, and again, the Devs made no promises to resolve.

While people did grab up all of the land, this permitted them to use it as a recruiting tool, join us if you wish to prosper. They could also sell it for big profit, which many did and even scam people in the sale if players weren't careful.

In fact, as an EVE player I viewed all of those mechanics as part of competitive PVP gameplay, not any great deficiency or "lie" by the developers.

So im my view you asked for a refund because you didn't get what you wanted at the start, not because they lied to you.

Now I'm not sure what "lie" the guy you replied to here drove him to ask for a refund, maybe like you he expected a certain game play experience and it didn't deliver.

But probably best to not jump right in and assume he's being "dishonest."

We all have our reasons sometimes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Because it was actually true. In beta I got a garden and even a house. That was impossible after launch despite the game relying quite heavily on it, unless you had no life, because of the limited supply. Big "no life" guilds hogged all the plots. All properties were rushed by those playing 24/7 the first days. Many warned them during beta about that potential issue but they didn't listen, and of course what had to happen happened. It's the only MMO ever for which I asked for a refund, and I didn't go through paypal either but got it directly from the game company.

There's nothing like that in BDO, which I've also been playing since beta, and there was no lie by the developers about what the game would be either. The game is exactly what has been told in the numerous articles, reviews and developers letters before release, and the beta experience exactly the same than the release experience. And what happened in AA is impossible in BDO, because they designed their property/crafting system with MMO in mind.
    I understand your reasons, as you may recall there was also rampant hacking at launch including one which permitted players to grab up land even if they weren't standing at the plot to buy it. I should have asked for a refund for that reason alone but I didn't think to.

But back to your reasons, it was impossible to get land and a house.  First, the Devs did not promise everyone would get one. Also, as you said, everyone knew there was going to be shortage, and again, the Devs made no promises to resolve.

While people did grab up all of the land, this permitted them to use it as a recruiting tool, join us if you wish to prosper. They could also sell it for big profit, which many did and even scam people in the sale if players weren't careful.

In fact, as an EVE player I viewed all of those mechanics as part of competitive PVP gameplay, not any great deficiency or "lie" by the developers.

So im my view you asked for a refund because you didn't get what you wanted at the start, not because they lied to you.

Now I'm not sure what "lie" the guy you replied to here drove him to ask for a refund, maybe like you he expected a certain game play experience and it didn't deliver.

But probably best to not jump right in and assume he's being "dishonest."

We all have our reasons sometimes.
    Whether someone likes or dislikes a game is a matter of personal preferences, but when you make up reasons for something being bad, because you didn't like it, that is somewhat dishonest irrespective of personal preferences.
    It would have been far more honest if the OP had just said they disliked the game, though its hard to take them seriously if the issues they complain about are ones that are entirely personal and not repeatable.

I've been playing BDO for a long time, and the game does have some issues, however they are not related to the games graphics, animations or the combat, i am not really happy with the gender locking, but its not a game breaker, just annoying, i am more concerned about the marketplace and why i have to buy the cheapest items, and if the cheapest items are bid only, why i can't just buy the more expensive items in the 'queue' it makes the marketplace an annoyingly cumbersome place to actually buy anything, and failure to buy is a huge problem for high demand items
    I recently quit the EU servers, i am in the UK, and honestly moving to the NA servers was a no brainer, and as someone who only understands English, perhaps inevitable, Kakau helped in this move with access to double xp servers and some freebies, which as RNG rarely does, gave me some jewelry that i traded in and had enough to buy a level 0 kzarka weapon with, and being level 40 (by this time!) and having kzarka is huge, so now i am level 56 have a duo kzarka staff and pri zereth armour, the last two weeks have been a roller coaster of action, fun, and i even killed a few people, and died quite a bit too. B)
    I have an AMD 9590, msi gtx980ti gaming edition, 16gb of DDR3, and no SSD, which considering the rest of my PC was a dumb move, and one i will rectify eventually, i have a 4k monitor, and the game runs very well at 2560x1440, though not at 60 fps, most of the time only 40-50 fps, but its not juddery, its smooth and the game is a real pleasure to look at as the scenery is amazing.
    The OP's experiences, assuming they were real, are completely at odds to those i have had myself, and while that does not mean they did not happen, it does make it difficult to believe, particularly as they claim to have a powerful PC, indeed, as some have already pointed out in previous arguments, the likely fault would be an underpowered machine that might run WoW with relative ease, but not meet minimum requirements for BDO. :o
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    If you don't like something then just call it fake news.  Seems to be working nowadays along with alternative facts.
    Are you onto something or just on something?