Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to kill players by building (!) on a PvE server (!!)

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242

The title of previous MMORPG.com Crowfall article, "...Your Own Corner of Heaven...", comes to mind... =)

W...aaagh?
SarlaGaladourn

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    There aren't any PvE servers was my understanding.
    Chamber of Chains
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Why would anyone want to kill players on a pve server?
    bcbully

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    cheyane said:
    They have these in tests (PvP off, gathering / crafting / building), together with PvP ones. Also, player owned kingdoms will basically be the PvE servers once the game launches. Like, instanced personal/guild housing areas.
    d_20 said:
    Hmm...you'd have to ask Blazzen, the guy who made the video!?
     W...aaagh?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    One of my favorite things in the original Shadowbane was when we were still on newbie island (no PvP) and I figured out how to force my group into formation and drown my friends by standing on a riverbank with them under water.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited March 2017
    cheyane said:
    They have these in tests (PvP off, gathering / crafting / building), together with PvP ones. Also, player owned kingdoms will basically be the PvE servers once the game launches. Like, instanced personal/guild housing areas.
    d_20 said:

If you think this game is a PVE game your delusional. It's a grab by the devs to try and pull in pve players. 

It's a PvP game plain and simple. Crafting and gathering does not make the game PVE lol. 

Think you will find PVE players playing Pantheon rather than this PVP mmo. 
    Konfess

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The title of previous MMORPG.com Crowfall article, "...Your Own Corner of Heaven...", comes to mind... =)

Nice you found a bug make sure to report it lol.
    cheyane said:
    d_20 said:

If you think this game is a PVE game your delusional. It's a grab by the devs to try and pull in pve players. 

It's a PvP game plain and simple. Crafting and gathering does not make the game PVE lol. 

Think you will find PVE players playing Pantheon rather than this PVP mmo. 
    It's certainly not classical PvE - that's why I described what will be on these servers.

PS Offtopioc, but I have my doubts about Pantheon even reaching the launch (succeeding, even by nich measures, is completely different matter way above and beyond). Simply, where is the money?
    Renoaku said:

Nice you found a bug make sure to report it lol.
    Not mine, I just stumbled across it and felt like sharing. You can see that he was reported, in that chat on the end of the video.
     W...aaagh?
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 315

LOL I love it
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Idk. Looks more like suicide to me, rather than PvP.

If the other player never jumped to climb out of the tower, he wouldn't have taken the falling damage when the towers was despawned. He could've just stayed at the base and let his health regenerate. 
    --------------------------------------------
    @Wellspring of course, he was just confused and reacted poorly - including, IMO, the rage in the chat, which you can see in the end of the video.
     W...aaagh?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    This may have been my first real laugh of the day   :D

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    d_20 said:
    To troll people of course. Those that choose PvE servers tend to either not like PvP at all, or want it on their terms (ie: by walking into a PvP zone, queuing for battlegrounds, etc...)
    JamesGoblin

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    What I saw was the tower piece being placed on top of someone.  That person then "Swam" ( it could have been jumping, or climbing internal stairs ) to the top of the tower.  Once the Tower was looted, then the player fell to their death.  If the "Attacked" player is in control, they should run out.  I expect the fully function structure placement system will not allow placement if the space is occupied.

I just saw @JamesGoblin reply to @Wellspring regarding this behavior.  
    JamesGoblin

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.