Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE Store now live

Shiner219Shiner219 Member UncommonPosts: 35
Check out the website.
Pledges viewable.

http://chroniclesofelyria.com/

Comments

• Shiner219Shiner219 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Helpful note:

Click on the pledge value to see full pledge pack contents.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2017
    Shiner219 said:
    Helpful note:

Click on the pledge value to see full pledge pack contents.

Would not let me view the store without logging in.....

No..don't say it...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

@Nyctelios

I agree. It wasn't very professional at all from a number of fronts.
    The 'chatter' wasn't a good either.

Personally, Although I made an account to look at the pledges, I saw nothing to convince me to actually buy one...not even a cheapy.

One positive thing for the store I must admit was I thought the layaway plan was good. Select your % of payment.

• Azrael_AntaryonAzrael_Antaryon Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Umm...the store has been up for about half a year now...
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Xodic said:
    The wait is now over...
    They may should have waited to use that slogan for the game.
    I'm not sure if they will ever be able to use that slogan for the game.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Nyctelios said:
    They released a "speedrun" of a certain map... Man, what a mess.

I was expecting info, instead we got some... freak looking demo with same quality as a school project.... urgh.
    It's not really a surprise...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

See, no one knew. ;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    See, no one knew. ;)

Well they reached an additional 1mill founding since then, so that is kind of not true ;)
  • EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I was Baron on Kickstarter but with all the Casual Stuff I removed mine. I heard they already changed stuff. (I was pissed that Seasons are like a day or so) 

Dunno Seaons should be weeks / Month 
    edited March 2017
    Ehnoah said:
    I was Baron on Kickstarter but with all the Casual Stuff I removed mine. I heard they already changed stuff. (I was pissed that Seasons are like a day or so) 

I'm sure they determine it based off of the normal lifespan of a character.

If seasons lasted a week, one month would equal a game year, and only 12 game years would pass in a RL calendar year. 

Now they could alter the global calendar, or character life span so more seasons are experienced in a shorter time frame.

But virtual worlds are tricky, distort reality too much and players begin to notice and it can mess with their immersion.

Also if they plan for seasons to mean more than just visuals, say you only plant in the spring and harvest in fall would people want to wait 3 RL weeks to plant again if they missed the proper season?

Ehnoah said:

If I remember correctly seasons are 4 day on average now, they have changed it.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Ehnoah said:

You're welcome

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Ehnoah said:

You're welcome
    ?
    Ehnoah said:

You're welcome
    ?
    He bought a few of those King Me packages so they do what he tells them to. ;)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited March 2017
    4 day seasons?  You have to be kidding me. You have to wonder how many times this will change before release.
    Ozmodan said:
    4 day seasons?  You have to be kidding me. You have to wonder how many times this will change before release.
    This is the first change they had, and it was a result of community reasonings. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I'm confused? They have a store and the game isnt even in alpha yet? And people are giving them money? Seriously are you people insane?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    See, no one knew. ;)

Well they reached an additional 1mill founding since then, so that is kind of not true ;)
    At lease he didn't say no one cared, i would have :p
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The wait is over! The store is live!

Is the game also live?   

Only you can prevent forest fires.  ;)
  • genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I'm confused? They have a store and the game isnt even in alpha yet? And people are giving them money? Seriously are you people insane?
    Only if you consider people wanting to dominate everybody else in the game "insane". If you pay lots of money now for CoE you will be able to do that.
    LOL, at least there isn't just one price to select :)
    edited March 2017
    Only if you consider people wanting to dominate everybody else in the game "insane". If you pay lots of money now for CoE you will be able to do that.
    Funny thing, I do sort of consider folks who want to dominate  "everybody" whether in game or out a bit "insane" ;)

Judging from how much time and money are spent in both cases to do so pretty much provides all of the validation I need.