Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what happened to PG planets and landing on them?

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Erillion said:
    MaxBacon said:
    I remember you from the Frontier forums MaxLexandre and this is quite typical of your behaviour there as well.
    Oh look more witch-hunting...

Maybe @sgel from Frontier also wants to join this discussion to turn this into a circle-jerk. ;)

Not witch-hunting, just pointing out an observation. You do have a habit of selecting things that are not central to the discussion as a way to avoid the topic when it's not going your way.

I missed the bit in your post above where you said  "The pretending that something was a solid fact where it isn't".
    How can you say that when it is timestamped and comes straight from CR's mouth?
    No wonder @rpmcmurphy was getting annoyed if he took the time to look it all up, list it for your benefit and you still claim he's pretending when the evidence is right there.

>>> How can you say that when it is timestamped and comes straight from CR's mouth? >>>

Maybe because it is not what Chris Roberts said. Only what the poster claimed that CR said.

Watch the video!

Chris Roberts said it is a goal. He did not say that anything is written in stone. He even chides himself for having given out a date that may or may not hold - which has bitten him in the ass in the past and he knew it.

Have fun

I have watched the video, He said that the cadence they are going for is two to three months between patches, that means he intended for patch 4.0 to come out around a year after patch 3.0. @MaxBacon says that CR did not say this and yet it is right there in the CitizenCon video.

Is anyone claiming it is written in stone? The argument appears to be did CR say X, and as we can see from the video, yes he did say X.

Sure the 'dates' might change but that does not alter the fact that he said it at CitizenCon.

And again ... "yes he did say X" is incorrect ....

he said they AIM for X and that X is the GOAL.

That they INTEND to do X in Y intervalls.

Then he immediately chides himself as he knew that things like here in this thread will happen ... that some people will nail him and CIG to the cross for ANYTHING resembling a concrete and precise statement.

Have fun

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    MaxBacon said:
    How come you didn't react when Kanukdude, page 10 of this thread, directly attacked several posters?
    Oh wow, did @CrazKanuk hurt your feelings by pointing out that the people who create threads within this forum, are pretty much always about negativity? --'
    You know, while your desperate appeals for a mod are entertaining, I'm not sure how he'll feel about your constant flamebaiting.
    Again, I don't see how you can believe you're helping your church with this behaviour.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    I never actually mentioned you. I simply responded to someone else's post with makes you wonder who the real trolls are.
    Oh please, same outcome. You know very well what you are doing don't play dumb. Now you feel the need to join the circle-jerk... If that shows maturity, is the maturity of a troll.
    Well maybe my original comment wasn't in the best taste. The point still stands though that you are acting like a child and throwing around insults while at the same time telling people off for supposedly insulting you
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited March 2017
    So calling him childish, lying, pretending, hypocrite and so forth is not going for him at a personal level? 
    It is a personal go, and it was a response to when he insulted me. See how selective you are? You are here to specifically target me about it, when I haven't denied I did, I did respond on the same coin.

Are you enjoying yourself with this? Please don't mind me, feel free to continue this campaign to shame me... while pretending you're not witch-hunting another forum user.
    MaxBacon said:
    So calling him childish, lying, pretending, hypocrite and so forth is not going for him at a personal level? 
    It is a personal go, and it was a response to when he insulted me. See how selective you are? You are here to specifically target me about it, when I haven't denied I did, I did respond on the same coin.

Are you enjoying yourself with this? Please don't mind me, feel free to continue this campaign to shame me... while pretending you're not witch-hunting another forum user.
    Where exactly did he first insult you? I just went back to look and the only thing that might even come close is when he told you to own up to your own bloody mistakes. If saying bloody is insulting then you might need a thicker skin for the net.

But let's put an end to the speculation and you quote where he first insulted you if you wouldn't mind please
    edited March 2017
    You know, while your desperate appeals for a mod are entertaining, I'm not sure how he'll feel about your constant flamebaiting.
    Again, I don't see how you can believe you're helping your church with this behaviour.
    I'm not pleading for a mod about you lol. You are the one who asked me why didn't I poked @CrazKanuk
    when he said the post you WERE mentioning. And I don't see any insult but he simply stating a fact about who was mostly posting the threads on this forum, and their tones.

Your reply shows the ridicule, as of what you're trying to pass it as lol 
    Kefo said:
    Well maybe my original comment wasn't in the best taste. The point still stands though that you are acting like a child and throwing around insults while at the same time telling people off for supposedly insulting you
    And so you are also acting like a child continuing this circle-jerk and witch hunt against another forum user, while pretending you are not doing it...

gg you.
    Kefo said:
    Where exactly did he first insult you?
    He knows very well what I am talking about, he doesn't need your help to continue this witch-hunt.
  • ZettaBytesZettaBytes Member UncommonPosts: 37
    MaxBacon said:
    It is a personal go, and it was a response to when he insulted me. See how selective you are? You are here to specifically target me about it when I haven't denied I did, just that I responded on the same coin.

lol, you're being intentionally fake, again to further the personal attacks against me... Are you enjoying yourself? Don't mind me, please continue...

I am not being selective. I am asking because you accused me of making personal attacks but what I said was far less personal than things you had said to @rpmcmurphy. I was curious how you justified that.

You said that being attacked justifies your right to call people things such as hypocrite, liar, childish and so forth. What if I was to say that calling me "intentionally fake" is a personal attack? Am I now justified in calling you things? (Not that I have any intention of making personal attacks against you.)

MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    And so you are also acting like a child continuing this circle-jerk and witch hunt against another forum user, while pretending you are not doing it...

gg you.
    Lol well you are entitled to your opinion but at least I can admit when I'm wrong or posted a comment that wasn't really warranted
    edited March 2017
     (Not that I have any intention of making personal attacks against you.)
    Oh please, that's BS. If you didn't you wouldn't be here shaming me on literally every post you make.

What's the point? The witch hunt continues...
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Where exactly did he first insult you?
    He knows very well what I am talking about, he doesn't need your help to continue this witch-hunt.
    I'm not asking him or for him I'm asking you. If the quote you post shows that what he said was an actual direct insult I'll happily apologize.  

So if you wouldn't mind posting the quote please and thanks
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    How come you didn't react when Kanukdude, page 10 of this thread, directly attacked several posters?
    Oh wow, did @CrazKanuk hurt your feelings by pointing out that the people who create threads within this forum, are pretty much always about negativity? --'

I didn't want to jump to that conclusion but it really is flamebaiting isn't it.

Being rude and making exaggerated claims and then when asked about that rudeness or the claims trying to turn the table on the person asking as if they are now out of order.

Person 1 : You are an asshole
    Person 2: Why are you calling him an asshole?
    Person 1: OMG you are making a personal attack against me by asking that question, Moderator! Help!! Personal Attack!!! PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!
    Person 2: ???

edited March 2017
    I didn't want to jump to that conclusion but it really is flamebaiting isn't it.
    Nope, you coming on this forum and thread specifically to shame me, isn't me flame baiting you.

You are the one that continues to insist into driving the last pages of this thread to be about me, hence, taking things constantly to the personal level.
    edited March 2017
    Kefo said:
    Yes, I do mind. It has nothing to do with you.
    MaxBacon said:
    Oh please, that's BS. If you didn't you wouldn't be here shaming me on literally every post you make.

I am not trying to shame you, I don't know why you think this because it has not been my intention. The reason I am asking is because I see you doing things and then crying foul when those things are done in return. I find that unfair towards others and I am purely trying to hold a mirror to that behaviour. It is meant to be nothing more than a "Hey Max, this is what you're doing, it's not really on."

The only time I have admittedly done anything more than that is in the post above, although that is meant to be a parody.

edited March 2017
    ZettaBytes said:
    The reason I am asking is because I see you doing things and then crying foul when those things are done in return.
    I settled that within my last response to him.

When I called @MikeB is when other users decide to jump in on the shaming and drive the discussion to be about me. This thread is NOT about me.

If you can't respect that, I'll start reporting the posts.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Yes, I do mind. It has nothing to do with you.
    Well it doesn't have anything directly to do with me but I'm trying to help you out here. If he really did post the first insult then it wouldn't be hard to go back and quote it.

I think it's safe to say the people in this thread calling you out on your behaviour are correct. But that's just my opinion
    edited March 2017
    Kefo said:
    ...I'm trying to help you out here. 

I think it's safe to say the people in this thread calling you out on your behaviour are correct. But that's just my opinion
    Now there's something I wouldn't believe in, even if I was drunk!

I think it's safe to say this thread is not about me, if they have one issue with me, take it via PM with me... Or take it to the moderation of this forum.
    MaxBacon said:
    ZettaBytes said:
    The reason I am asking is because I see you doing things and then crying foul when those things are done in return.
    I settled that within my last response to him.

When I called @MikeB is when other users decide to jump in on the shaming and drive the discussion to be about me. This thread is NOT about me.

If you can't respect that, I'll start reporting the posts.

You're right, it is not meant to be about you but you made it about you by refusing to say that the CitizenCon stuff was correct, even going so far as to maintain that @rpmcmurphy was pretending after he had posted the information showing he was right.
    I was curious why you would maintain that position in the face of contradictory evidence and from that point onwards you have claimed that I (and others) are witch-hunting you, making personal attacks against you and so forth.

It should be noted that not once have you addressed the original question so I can only conclude that these wild allegations are purely being used as a method of diversion, distraction and avoidance.

Very sly behaviour.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:

I am not trying to shame you, I don't know why you think this because it has not been my intention. The reason I am asking is because I see you doing things and then crying foul when those things are done in return. I find that unfair towards others and I am purely trying to hold a mirror to that behaviour. It is meant to be nothing more than a "Hey Max, this is what you're doing, it's not really on."

The only time I have admittedly done anything more than that is in the post above, although that is meant to be a parody.

Think the point is your making this discussion more about him, than the actual argument at hand. Might not be your intention, but the truth is you've posted more about Max than the actual topic since joining the thread.

Felt you could have moved on by now, by blocking or continuing you discussion with Erilion.

That's just my observation.

To the argument.

Think Max said "No he didn't" because it wasn't a straight answer. It was more of a It could happen, if things go well, but the other poster made it sound as if CR said, "yes, this will definitely happen on this date". I don't think max is denying that the date was mentioned more that it wasn't a solid yes
    edited March 2017
    You're right, it is not meant to be about you but you made it about you by refusing to say that the CitizenCon stuff was correct, even going so far as to maintain that @rpmcmurphy was pretending after he had posted the information showing he was right.
    I was curious why you would maintain that position in the face of contradictory evidence and from that point onwards you have claimed that I (and others) are witch-hunting you, making personal attacks against you and so forth.

It should be noted that not once have you addressed the original question so I can only conclude that these wild allegations are purely being used as a method of diversion, distraction and avoidance.

Very sly behaviour.

I was up to write a response touching several points, then you go again on the end of your post... More personal remarks towards me...

I'm done, not taking any more of this BS; if you can't keep the minimum respect and stop with the personal comments about me, I'm just going to report your post and Ignore. Again, this thread is not about me. If you want to discuss ME, send me a PM.
    edited March 2017
    Herase said:
    Think Max said "No he didn't" because it wasn't a straight answer. It was more of a It could happen, if things go well, but the other poster made it sound as if CR said, "yes, this will definitely happen on this date". I don't think max is denying that the date was mentioned more that it wasn't a solid yes
    It's mostly where I did friction with his claim, he did on a reply after that implying 4.0 was the end of 2017 was an actual announced release date for it. A solid implied date was the release of 3.0 on 2016, not the road-maps to 4.0.

"CR was on stage saying 3.0 by December 2016, 3.1 - 3.3 during 2017 with 4.0 arriving for Dec 2017 and then the word beta was also used."
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2017
    Herase said:
    To the argument.

I didn't make it sound like a sure fire thing.
    I stated I was "pretty sure Roberts had said 4.0 would be coming out around end of 2017". And that is indeed what he said at Citizencon, that the patches would be coming every 3 months over the coming year which would mean 4.0 around December 2017.
    As I said elsewhere, those dates have obviously changed since then but it doesn't alter the fact of what he originally said.

Max said "Save you the trouble from that, he did not. In fact from what I know it was people on the community who speculated that 4.0 was on late 2017 based on 3.0 being late 2016."

Which was clearly wrong and even when presented with information to show him that I am factually correct he still claims "I am pretending that it is a solid fact when it isn't".

TLDR: In 2016 CR said patches over the coming year which would put 4.0 at the end of 2017, fact.

MaxBacon said:
    Herase said:
    It's mostly where I did friction with his claim, he did on a reply after that implying 4.0 was the end of 2017 was an actual announced release date for it. A solid implied date was the release of 3.0 on 2016, not the road-maps to 4.0.

"CR was on stage saying 3.0 by December 2016, 3.1 - 3.3 during 2017 with 4.0 arriving for Dec 2017 and then the word beta was also used."
    Just for clarity he never actually said it was a hard release date just that Roberts was going for 2017 as the 4.0 release
This discussion has been closed.