Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't more people play this?

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

I downloaded it last week on my android and on my PC, I've been having such a blast so far.

The small community seems pretty mature and decent so far and it's the funnest MMO I've managed to find on the android market, playing this with the moga pro controller is just amazing.

It feels a lot like Elite:dangerous, but on my phone.

Is their anything blatantly obvious that makes the game bad?

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Sarariel

I downloaded it last week on my android and on my PC, I've been having such a blast so far. The small community seems pretty mature and decent so far and it's the funnest MMO I've managed to find on the android market, playing this with the moga pro controller is just amazing. It feels a lot like Elite:dangerous, but on my phone. Is their anything blatantly obvious that makes the game bad?

I find this question to be silly. You should explain why your estimation of its popularity doesn't match with reality.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

There are currently about ten thousand new users trying this game every month on mobile alone.

John Bergman puts the 'critical mass' for Vendetta to feel populated at ten thousand concurrent users (total concurrent users is presently far below that number).

"Why" is a hard question to answer; the real reason may be contrary to expectation.  For myself, what has kept me playing over the last 11 years and 10 months is the feeling that I've left a mark on the face of the universe.  I imagine it's similar to the reason that people become emotionally attached to Eve.

In order to increase the total concurrent active userbase, I think Guild needs to create more visible, friendly tools in the early game for players to alter the gamespace.  I could argue that they are there right now, but they are not that evident, or easy.

There are also some changes slated to occur which should unequivocally increase this game's playerbase by orders of magnitude.  Specifically, the Steam and iPhone release.  However, I get the sense that there are some gameplay milestones John wants to hit in the immediate term before that happens.

source: http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/1/29893

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Well I just got my steel Bluetooth controller and plan on spending lots more time in there. It looks mad fun and I was just playing with the vr helmet Contols
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Yeah, I hate these phone games. So no. 
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Sarariel said:

I downloaded it last week on my android and on my PC, I've been having such a blast so far.

The small community seems pretty mature and decent so far and it's the funnest MMO I've managed to find on the android market, playing this with the moga pro controller is just amazing.

Well, the app wants access to my mic, photos, media and all other files on my smartphone, which I also use for business. So no.

Then it has a webshop. So no.

Smartphone MMOs? No, not for me.

I rather play on my gaming rig with full screens rather then a smartphone where this app starts farming data.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited March 2017
    Muke said:
    Sarariel said:

Well, the app wants access to my mic, photos, media and all other files on my smartphone, which I also use for business. So no.

I rather play on my gaming rig with full screens rather then a smartphone where this app starts farming data.
    Lol your not very smart are you. The game one is on pc. What is more the game has access to all that on your pc. Pcs use mics, photos for screen shots, and access to your pc. They aren't farming data. Your as bad as those flat earthers.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2017
    Muke said:
    Sarariel said:

Lol your not very smart are you. The game one is on pc. What is more the game has access to all that on your pc. Pcs use mics, photos for screen shots, and access to your pc. They aren't farming data. Your as bad as those flat earthers.
    He's not the one who necroed two, two year old threads.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited March 2017
    Moirae said:
    Yeah, I hate these phone games. So no. 
    Vendetta was a PC game long before being ported to mobile (about 8 years).

Pertinent thread to why Vendetta requires so many permissions on Android here: 

https://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/7/29164
    Post edited by Phaserlight on

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• john25301john25301 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Thanks for bringing this game to my attention. I wish I had discovered when the PC version first launched. I don't do phone games but the PC version has grabbed me. Playing everyday and loving it.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill