Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its time to give Archeage another shot. (read before commenting)

1235»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Renoaku said:
    filmoret said:
    farbege said:
    I think AA has it's chance, begging for noobie players to join so you can take advantage of them in pvp is ridiculous at this point in time.
    You can have enough space and time to built in your own faction zones (peace zones).

In fact you could never leave em if you don't want to.

Its not that hard to get your first gear outfit which allows you to join bigger raids and expience PvP in which you can be better protected.

The fact that is diffcult to achieve is to expect to succesfully solo PvP.

But also if you "die" . whats the deal really ?  there isn't too harsh pelalties in AA.
    The most harh penalty is to loose a gold-valued pack if you try to hand it in and run acrosse pvp zones for it.
    But you dont have to run through PvP enabled zones.
    I admit when the game first launched it was quite stupid how even green's would attack you and steal packs.  That rarely happens now.  I guess the community has grown up a bit and the trolls have moved on.
    Nope the ability to grief people and attack your own faction has been there but wasn't there once I first started this needs to go back to the old way it was.
    You are confused.  Day 1 on launch this game had same faction pvp.  It was never removed.  I believe it was there all throughout alpha as well because pirate faction has always been around.  Every single time a green saw you carrying a pack they would kill you and take it.  That rarely happens now.  I've had times where even pirates wouldn't attack you for a pack.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Renoaku said:
    filmoret said:
    Under new Management.   This is what I have to describe what has happened to this game.  Yes you will have to deal with rng crafting endgame.  But you are talking about 8 months to a year from now before you are even prepared to use crafted gear.  There is land on just about every server and its available to be claimed.  You cannot be attacked in the housing area unless its wartime.  There are tree's everywhere waiting to be harvested.  Its like they replaced the team running this game and made it better.  The cash shop has been trimmed down a lot to help with p2w.  I enter the game and do not feel hopeless because I cannot find any land and I do not feel the wall is suddenly hitting me at max level like it once did. 

The bad.
    You cannot play on any of the fresh start servers.  Do not even try.
    You cannot really enjoy the game without being a patron.

You don't have to jump in and drink the koolaid.  Just login to your old character and run around a bit and see if its working for you.  Check out the empty spots in housing areas and read up on obsidian gear which is the first set of gear you will begin to upgrade for about 8 months and once thats done you will start on crafted gear.
    IF its under new management what did they do about having to login to craft Tax Certificcates all the time and, Inventory and all that is the game really going to be any better than what it was?

And most important what about PVP with your own faction, and the ability to grief your own faction has this been removed from the game?
    They didn't change the fundamental structure of the game.  If they were gonna go through all that trouble then they would give it a different name altogether.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited March 2017
    "Yes you will have to deal with rng crafting endgame. "

This is where I stopped reading
    Its either RNG on archieving or decay and loosing easy  when you have it.

There is just these 2 ways if you participate in a progression type of game like MMOPRG are.

The deal with the RNG is, in the end the item is yours and you can keep it forever.

You might favor decay but then you better not get too invested and connected with your gear and equipment.

Besides that, AA 3.5 will tone tone down RNG by massive amount. Gear will be almost not a matter of of luck anymore. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This pertains to PVE & PVP.
    • Make sure you have 5-8 alts (from different email accounts) with at least 1 one patron for land/housing
    • Be prepared to swipe your credit card, or have 8-10 hrs of time dedicated to the game a day
    • Be in an active guild (to get the guild gear and have assists for vital day to day tasks)
    • BE READY TO GAMBLE. Gamblor is your God. RNGesus is the son of Gamblor.
    If not, just turn your graphics on ultra and walk around your starter continent safe zones, get high and enjoy the colors.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • kazeenkazeen Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I logged in, drove my car around Maria for about 5mins. 
    Remembered i gave my gear and land away. Quit again.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    kazeen said:
    LOL Yes same thing, when you give away Two Mansions, over 25 24x24 pieces of land and the bigger town houses, you are like I gave up this game because Trion & XL messed up so hard refused to fix it and keep the game like it was...

So then you just quit again because Developers never learn...
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    filmoret said:
    You cannot really enjoy the game without being a patron.
    Enough of a reason for me not to even try again.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    kazeen said:
    Because you could do it !

Not much MMORPG offer such features. (in just 2 sentences, you mentioned 2 features : car driving around, owning land )
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    It had some interesting moments, but can't see myself going back. It was an mmo that nurtured a lot of bad behavior and mean-spirited community.
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I'm nowhere near an expert as I just started playing a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to be a really well-done game with lots of potential. As far as community goes, I haven't seen much toxicity yet, and nowhere near as close as WoW.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."