Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall upcoming testing.

HalfgrimmHalfgrimm Member UncommonPosts: 76
I wanna hear from you guys and girls who are participating. Is it what you expect? Are you having problems?

Me... well, my laptop isn't great and my internet sucks until this coming Thursday but I have a little trouble with lag and I'm not 100 on what to do. I might be able to learn more during the upcoming tests.

How about you?
Buried under rocks. Hidden under leaves. Halfgrimm the whole time.

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2017
    Well right now the game is in testing it did improve performance wise, but to me right now the game absolutely sucks...

With my 77 upgrade, and 32 gigs of ram I am hitting a solid 60-100 FPS at all times now

Its still early though, and I don't expect any MMO to be great because everything I have played since 2005 on up has sucked or been good and then became a failure WOW being one of them..

But we will see what happens as it gets developed I am not sure yet how great it will be or won't be.
  • HalfgrimmHalfgrimm Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I see. Well tonight it seems to be screwing with me. I keep logging in and it keeps dc'ing just after launch.

Buried under rocks. Hidden under leaves. Halfgrimm the whole time.
  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Wish I was there :/
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    @Halfgrimm Maybe this will help, taken from Crowfall forums:

"These steps get 99% of people working if you can't play

First, make sure you have the right hardware/software startup for our system requirements for pre-alpha testing : http://crowfall.com/en/faq/playtesting/playtest-support/

A few things you can try:
    1) Run crowfallupdate.exe as administrator by right clicking on the program and choosing the "Run as Administrator" option.
    2) right click on Crowfallupdate.exe.  Is there a menu item for graphics?  Make sure you are set to a 3D card if so
    3) Make sure your crowfall folder is on the desktop (and that you start by running crowfallupdate.exe)  <== note, some people move the folder to your either your "Program  Files" folder or "Program Files (x86)" folder since the last Windows 10 update and it works
    4) Check that Windows Firewall (or other anti-virus  and/or firewall software) is turned off for Crowfall so it can communicate with our servers (we need ports 80, 443 and 6900-6970 open)

If it still doesn't work please send the following to [email protected]

1) a screen shot of the screen you are on with the error
    2) Run Dxdiag, output the file and send us the dxdiag.txt file
    3) Send me your latest Client log (client logs are in the CFTest folder and start with a date, these files look something like this: 2016-12-16_CrowfallClient_21932_MSI)

If you work with us (and have the right equipment) we'll get you working.

In a couple of months we'll have a real installer and it will be easier for most people.  Sorry for the pre-alpha roughness!"

Source - https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/15068-these-steps-get-99-of-people-working-if-you-cant-play/

Also, here's new player guide (player made) - http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14699-new-player-guide/

W...aaagh?
  • WikkydWikkyd Member UncommonPosts: 9
    So which minimum backer package gets you into game right now on this date (Feb 25, 2017)?

I've looked over their website and it seems a bit unclear at least or deceptive at worst.

For example the 2017 Backer Bundle for $69 says at the top, "This is the minimum package to get into our current testing." However when you click on the details for that package, it says the package is for Beta 1 and all subsequent testing. However from my understanding they are still in pre-alpha. 

So does the $69 package get you in now or not?

• CyrinCyrin Member UncommonPosts: 43
    The $69 package gets you in right now, but .. there isn't much content atm.  Star citizen has 10x more .. and that .. is saying something.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Cyrin said:
    The $69 package gets you in right now, but .. there isn't much content atm.  Star citizen has 10x more .. and that .. is saying something.
    that's one of the reasons i've been holding off or i would pledge right now. just not enough there yet on a regular basis to justify rushing to pay 70 bucks. the skill system and the crafting are what grabbed me the most about the game from what i have seen.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    The current test phase is Pre-Alpha 4. The following test groups have been invited to test:

Pre-Alpha 1
    Pre-Alpha 2
    Alpha 1
    Alpha 2
    Alpha 3
    Beta 1

That's why when you look at the $69 package, and it has beta 1, it says you have access to the current testing. The test phases do not align with the test groups. It would have been easier for everyone if it did, but then they would have needed to have at least 6 pre-alpha groups, maybe 7 since beta 2 testers will be invited by the end of next month.

These group distinctions are still important because with each new milestone, they start by inviting just the Pre-Alpha 1 testers, then the Pre-Alpha 2 testers, and so on. So if you buy the $69 package, you will get into the current testing immediately as a Beta 1 tester, but when the Eternal Kingdom testing begins (likely next week), it will only be the Pre-Alpha 1 testers to start. You will still have to wait your turn for that, but you will get access within a couple weeks. They do this because they need to be sure that the new content is stable before they start adding more people in. Plus, it rewards the people who backed earlier/spent more money, by letting them in first.