Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its time to give Archeage another shot. (read before commenting)

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited February 2017
    I'm still playing and running 2 accounts right now.  Since November I have only spend 20$ on the game.  There are ups and downs it just how things roll.  One of the best communities I have ever seen and people who actually get to know each other.   Each faction has heroes and they stand out by being friendly and helpful as well as awesome pvpers.  

So far I've started a guild war with lots of drama,  Also got a bunch of reds really mad cuz I kicked their corpses so they would kill me and destroy my farm cart repeatedly.  Just this morning a hero grouped with me and we rolled up on a solo pirate who just got finished filling his trade ship with goods.  Good times we got the ship and took all the goods.

There are a ton of events scheduled to attend and various things to do in order to become better.  There is just so much content and so many different things to do.  And 120 different classes.  No you dont see them all but you definitely see at least 30 of them.

I make 1k gold a day.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited February 2017

Ok here is an example of a daily raid called Luscan.  All 3 factions are part of the raid and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many players are a part.  Its a lot going on like the captains of ships are coordinating.  So you shoot a mob with cannon then you got someone in the water who loots the corpse.  People on submarines trying to gank your looters.  Meanwhile you got a bunch of other ships running around and you are going to attack each other ect...  Watch the video and know there's a lot of stuff going on in the comms not just dur lets drive a boat and shoot stuff.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Another gankfest game looking for easy new victims.
    Hariken said:
    If you don't like danger and pvp then avoid this game at all costs.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:
    Are you still playing? How is the game treating you?

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

raystantz said:
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:
    Yea I'm still playing.  Been having a lot of fun honestly.  Knowing what to expect when it comes to rng upgrades really helps.  Crafting doesn't evolve around rng like it once did.  You pretty much collect materials and upgrade armor/weapons.   Getting land is very easy but making gold takes brains and thinking.  You cannot just jump in without first evaluating things otherwise you will just end up broke all the time or have very little progress.

I'm on kraken NA server, character name is connan, ninjadwarf if you are bored or need help getting the ropes.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    filmoret said:
    raystantz said:
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:
    Yea I'm still playing.  Been having a lot of fun honestly.  Knowing what to expect when it comes to rng upgrades really helps.  Crafting doesn't evolve around rng like it once did.  You pretty much collect materials and upgrade armor/weapons.   Getting land is very easy but making gold takes brains and thinking.  You cannot just jump in without first evaluating things otherwise you will just end up broke all the time or have very little progress.

I'm on kraken NA server, character name is connan, ninjadwarf if you are bored or need help getting the ropes.
    I was playing ESO but that got boring really fast. My friends jumped to BDO, but I'm not doing much better there. I tried Archeage but it was just nothing but a queuefest. 

I'm currently playing FFXI off and on but it doesn't have the "open sandboxness" that Archeage does.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:
    This guy is pure scrubcake. I can tell by his posts that he doesnt know.. or doesnt have the gear to be at all relevant in this game. That being said.. even scrubcake is having tons of fun. Im only here to point out that you can be 100% carebear in this game and do JUST fine. You dont need to PVP AT ALL... in fact.. some of the most profitable stuff to do in game is in zones which disallow PVP. The PVE side of the game is actually very good. Scrubcake maybe be scrubby... but at leaast he is smart enough to be playing a good game.

OH yeah.. before I forget. If you like economies and arent ready to get into the deregulated stock market that is EVE, Archeage is the next best thing... BY FAR.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:
    This guy is pure scrubcake. I can tell by his posts that he doesnt know.. or doesnt have the gear to be at all relevant in this game. That being said.. even scrubcake is having tons of fun. Im only here to point out that you can be 100% carebear in this game and do JUST fine. You dont need to PVP AT ALL... in fact.. some of the most profitable stuff to do in game is in zones which disallow PVP. The PVE side of the game is actually very good. Scrubcake maybe be scrubby... but at leaast he is smart enough to be playing a good game.

OH yeah.. before I forget. If you like economies and arent ready to get into the deregulated stock market that is EVE, Archeage is the next best thing... BY FAR.
    Internet tough guy posts, AA is pure gold for them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I guessing they still have that PvE bottleneck at lvl 30.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:

Get gud or get rekt.    
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    Hariken said:

Sadly, that post pretty much sums up Archeage's garbage community.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited February 2017
    Forgrimm said:

But then its you who throws around offensive remarks about a player community.

That makes  AA community being not alone and exclusively "garbage" i guess.

Back to argument : Archeage you can have both.

Spectacular action like the showcase with luscas event on provided video which of course can pull more attention.
    Same time it offers unspectacular ways of play the markets or just do plain boring work to success and become a tycoon.

Is nice to have a MMORPG for a change that all of these is possible and in one place.
    Like MMORPG's have been supposed to be.

farbege said:
    Forgrimm said:

How else should we describe a community that constantly resorts to calling people "scrubcakes" for absolutely no reason and telling them that they're irrelevant? And that isn't even the half of it. You should have seen the ridiculous amount of threats, racism, sexism, vulgarity, etc. in game chat. I could have called it a "toxic" community, but "garbage" is equally fitting.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    edited February 2017
    Make it a PvE game and I'll play ArcheAge as my main mmo.
  • StellaBellaStellaBella Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I think AA has it's chance, begging for noobie players to join so you can take advantage of them in pvp is ridiculous at this point in time.
    edited February 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    farbege said:
    Forgrimm said:

How else should we describe a community that constantly resorts to calling people "scrubcakes" for absolutely no reason and telling them that they're irrelevant? And that isn't even the half of it. You should have seen the ridiculous amount of threats, racism, sexism, vulgarity, etc. in game chat. I could have called it a "toxic" community, but "garbage" is equally fitting.
    AA is played by humans and not by aliens. Of course you will meet all types of persons like you will in RL.
    Unfortunaltely racism, sexism, vulgarity is on the rise IRL if you may have noticed lately.

The pvp nature of aspects of the game of course will bring out more drama then whats just covered in a "escape reality and live in forever friendship  mood" in other non antagonistic type of games.

I have very good experience within guilds where the bahaviour and tone are excelent they thigs you talk about concerning mostly the global chats which shows that this happening  mostly cause and are about the "meta" drama.

edited February 2017
    farbege said:
    Forgrimm said:
    farbege said:
    Forgrimm said:

AA is played by humans and not by aliens. Of course you will meet all types of persons like you will in RL.
    Unfortunaltely racism, sexism, vulgarity is on the rise IRL if you may have noticed lately.

I'm well aware of that. But to this day, I haven't played any other online game that had a community as toxic as that. It even seeped out into the server sub-forums. At one point Trion was going to remove those sub-forums altogether. Of course there are good people and good guilds in the game. I came across many of them during the time I played. But overall, the signal:noise ratio was fairly bad.
    I think AA has it's chance, begging for noobie players to join so you can take advantage of them in pvp is ridiculous at this point in time.
    You can have enough space and time to built in your own faction zones (peace zones).

In fact you could never leave em if you don't want to.

Its not that hard to get your first gear outfit which allows you to join bigger raids and expience PvP in which you can be better protected.

The fact that is diffcult to achieve is to expect to succesfully solo PvP.

But also if you "die" . whats the deal really ?  there isn't too harsh pelalties in AA.
    The most harh penalty is to loose a gold-valued pack if you try to hand it in and run acrosse pvp zones for it.
    But you dont have to run through PvP enabled zones.
    I been playing since December and the community overall is a good one.  I've made friends and enemies its a very interresting community right now.  Small enough to know people and large enough to see many varieties of players.  Right now for every "get gud or get rekt" player there is 10 people who are decent players and willing to help.
    farbege said:
    You can have enough space and time to built in your own faction zones (peace zones).

Its not that hard to get your first gear outfit which allows you to join bigger raids and expience PvP in which you can be better protected.

But also if you "die" . whats the deal really ?  there isn't too harsh pelalties in AA.
    The most harh penalty is to loose a gold-valued pack if you try to hand it in and run acrosse pvp zones for it.
    I admit when the game first launched it was quite stupid how even green's would attack you and steal packs.  That rarely happens now.  I guess the community has grown up a bit and the trolls have moved on.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited February 2017
    filmoret said:
    Under new Management.   This is what I have to describe what has happened to this game.  Yes you will have to deal with rng crafting endgame.  But you are talking about 8 months to a year from now before you are even prepared to use crafted gear.  There is land on just about every server and its available to be claimed.  You cannot be attacked in the housing area unless its wartime.  There are tree's everywhere waiting to be harvested.  Its like they replaced the team running this game and made it better.  The cash shop has been trimmed down a lot to help with p2w.  I enter the game and do not feel hopeless because I cannot find any land and I do not feel the wall is suddenly hitting me at max level like it once did. 

The bad.
    You cannot play on any of the fresh start servers.  Do not even try.
    You cannot really enjoy the game without being a patron.

You don't have to jump in and drink the koolaid.  Just login to your old character and run around a bit and see if its working for you.  Check out the empty spots in housing areas and read up on obsidian gear which is the first set of gear you will begin to upgrade for about 8 months and once thats done you will start on crafted gear.
    IF its under new management what did they do about having to login to craft Tax Certificcates all the time and, Inventory and all that is the game really going to be any better than what it was?

And most important what about PVP with your own faction, and the ability to grief your own faction has this been removed from the game?
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    filmoret said:
    farbege said:

I admit when the game first launched it was quite stupid how even green's would attack you and steal packs.  That rarely happens now.  I guess the community has grown up a bit and the trolls have moved on.
    Nope the ability to grief people and attack your own faction has been there but wasn't there once I first started this needs to go back to the old way it was.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    "Yes you will have to deal with rng crafting endgame. "

This is where I stopped reading
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    No.