Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice graphics. Where?

CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
Before I bought this hunk-of-junk I kept reading about how beautiful the graphics were.  What?  The graphics, to me,are disgraceful.  No wonder they over saturate the colours, to hide the gawd awful mess they have the Gaul to call graphics.
The rest of the game follows suit, one big mess.  They made this game up as they went along not having a bloody clue as to what it was suppose to be.
BDO, for me, has to be the worse MMO ever spewed up in the history of MMO's.

Comments

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Crosswire said:
    Before I bought this hunk-of-junk I kept reading about how beautiful the graphics were.  What?  The graphics, to me,are disgraceful.  No wonder they over saturate the colours, to hide the gawd awful mess they have the Gaul to call graphics.
    The rest of the game follows suit, one big mess.  They made this game up as they went along not having a bloody clue as to what it was suppose to be.
    Man, i dislike BDO because of the economy, and the random gambling, but to say it has bad graphics is ass nine. There is no other MMO, that even compares to BDO graphics. Even Skyrim modded is not that much better. Add in the animations which are great in BDO, and graphics are better than anything out there in the RPG world. What are you just trolling, cause you dont like it lol. 

As far as your theory of them not having a clue, well I dono how you got that one. They had a clue as to what they were doing. There goal was to get people addicted to gambling, and it worked for them. 
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    edited February 2017
    You might want to play with the UI and turn off the default filter. Seems like Asian mmo players like the bright colours. Also other player effects.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Guy is probably running on a video card made by playskool..
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Wow OP, you are so edgy. Hating on the ONE thing just about everybody loves about BDO, its graphics. You could have named dozens of things that are wrong with the game but nooooo, you had to be awesome and decided to ruffle some feathers. You're not even giving any insight on WHY you hate the graphics. Troll effort at its minimum...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    lahnmir said:
    Wow OP, you are so edgy. Hating on the ONE thing just about everybody loves about BDO, its graphics. You could have named dozens of things that are wrong with the game but nooooo, you had to be awesome and decided to ruffle some feathers. You're not even giving any insight on WHY you hate the graphics. Troll effort at its minimum...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Well, I thought it would be obvious.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Crosswire said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Well, I thought it would be obvious.
    Obvious troll is pretty obvious, yes. :pleased:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    No other mmo?

So you mean FFXIV is not comparable?
    First of all,i am not saying BDO graphics are bad as they look visually pleasing.However i would HOPE people understand there is a LOT more to graphics than just visually appealing,you have to actually have a bit of knowledge in this area.
    I won't post my usual 8 paragraphs trying to explain it so i just hope people understand game design before just getting out the flame cannon.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I tend to agree, ran the game on highest settings at 60fps. Hated the texture popups and grittyness of the textures. Not at all "amazing" graphics
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2017
    It really boils down to personal taste doesnt it .... I didnt like BDO graphics , cant quite put my finger on it , but there was something just unsettling ... I think ESO and FF14 are more appealing ... for my tastes
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    It's OK guys, I am reinstalling to see if I like the graphics. Stand by...
  • solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Crosswire said:
    What are you even talking about? It is hard to find and combo of words you use that I don't find laughable. The game is not perfect, but it is good for certain, and looks better than any MMO out there. You are wrong. Wrong.  
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    We still getting threads like this?    :p
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    He is just baiting..
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2017
    This is pretty much the main reason i quit BDO and yes i also played a Ranger/archer.
    This type of combat is NOT enjoyable for me,it is silly SPAM combat and not even remotely realistic movement.
    Combat animations are part of "graphics" and BDO completely ruins it and immersion big time.Not always of course but they certainly ruined this area badly.
    Oh and   you don't even have ammo,it is endless  arrow spam ,never loading,not a realistic archer design,just silliness.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    The game are indeed good looking unless you get the graphic bug like I got the last patch, It basicly makes the game somewhat ugly.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    The graphics look nice... that is, when you don't move. When you move, the textures flicker everywhere. And yes, I have a good GFX card that can handle the graphics, not stellar performance, but definitely acceptable (~30+ fps outdoors)
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I think BDO is amazing looking but you are entitled to your opinion, even if it seems like it's just baiting people. I think in general almost every aspect of BDO looks good, the textures are crisp and it runs extremely well for how good it looks. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited February 2017
    Crosswire said:

Candidly, I agree 100% with the OP.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Wizardry said:
    This is pretty much the main reason i quit BDO and yes i also played a Ranger/archer.
    This type of combat is NOT enjoyable for me,it is silly SPAM combat and not even remotely realistic movement.
    Combat animations are part of "graphics" and BDO completely ruins it and immersion big time.Not always of course but they certainly ruined this area badly.
    Oh and   you don't even have ammo,it is endless  arrow spam ,never loading,not a realistic archer design,just silliness.

Again, you can't use the "realistic" moniker when the game isn't trying to be realistic. Oh sure, it's obviously ok to dislike them but these games are never trying to be realistic. They are trying to be "over the top action packed" whatever.

They are not trying to have realistic archery.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Scorchien said:
    It really boils down to personal taste doesnt it .... I didnt like BDO graphics , cant quite put my finger on it , but there was something just unsettling ... I think ESO and FF14 are more appealing ... for my tastes
    You don't like the art style. There is a difference between graphics/graphics fidelity and art style/art assets and people need to realize those differences. 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    edited February 2017
    Wizardry said:

Combat animations are part of art assets / animations they are not part of the graphics/graphics fidelity -.-. There is a difference between the two. Most people don't seem to grasp this basic concept. To extrapolate most people judge graphics based off art assets that they see and don't really seem to grasp that art assets aren't actually what the "graphics" of the game is. One can have a high level of graphics/fidelity without having an art style that people would consider high end "graphics" (Wildstar is a prime example here). The art assets make up some people idea of graphics, but that isn't really the case.

Also MMORPGS for the most part did away with "ammo" because of WoW doing it. So almost every single mmorpg now has done away with ammo/stringing bows and the like because it is a "convenience" and doesn't cost the archer time/money. I can only think of a handful of indie mmorpgs that might have arrows at all. These games are not skyrim or the like where you might have arrows. If you want that you are going to need to find a more "realistic" (likely indie) mmorpg or go back to single player rpgs. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2017
    Scorchien said:
    You don't like the art style. There is a difference between graphics/graphics fidelity and art style/art assets and people need to realize those differences. 
    No i dont like the graphics .. [mod edit] .. Everyone doesnt have to like it , Some people cant grasp this concept
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Crosswire said:
    Before I bought this hunk-of-junk.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited February 2017
    The one thing BDO really has going for it is the graphics.  They are revolutionary for an MMO. 

I still remember seeing my first video of the game years ago and how much it blew me away.

I hate the texture pop-in, but honestly I like that they overshot what they could do with the graphics and pushed the envelope with textures. 

Not just the graphics, but the art-direction is really superb.  The world is unique and absolutely beautiful.

I hope future Devs build on the foundations BDO laid down when it comes to graphics.

Game is basically unplayable for me for other reasons, but you can't knock it for graphics or what they attempted to pull off.