Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next expansion?

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
HOTS was quite different from the original (vanilla) GW2 with the way zones are laid out (verticality) and the aggressiveness and density of mobs, etc. It could be quite fun if there are a lot of people online, but frustrating otherwise.

I wonder if HOTS helped or hurt GW2 overall and where Anet might take the game in the next expansion.

What direction will they take with the next expansion? Any guesses based on their most recent updates?

Comments

• AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Alot of new ppl are playing Gw2...but alot of Vets are gone..HoTs was a HoT mess..but the games core is f2p..alot of vets are waiting for the next expansion..as far as what might be in the next expansion...i dunno
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited February 2017
    I'm having enough fun now just in wvw to level up my elite specs. I will try those out. But like you said, I'm playing but interested to see how they are going to do the next expansion, the zones, whether story content will be gated behind raiding, etc. 

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    edited February 2017
    When talking about HoT people can't forget Living World Season 3 (which added 4 new maps albeit not as big as the core 4 HoT maps).
    I believe Season 3 is very popular with the player base.
    I also always see at least a couple of maps doing every meta for Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths and Dragon;s Stand.

With HoT they tried to make the game harder and cater to "hardcore" people.
    I think next expansion won't go in that direction.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I hope you're right. I haven't tried the new HOT maps that came with season 3 yet, so I am looking forward to that.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

only god knows, what they will try in the next one, theyre all over the place

HOT barely made a million, and that was with core tyria to build on

the next one will have to build on the failure of HOT , so it will be a much harder sale

this was the successful pizza restaurant, that stopped making pizza

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    If they continue with groundhog day maps a new expansion will just fail again.