Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - The Fall of Oriath Expansion Preview - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - The Fall of Oriath Expansion Preview - MMORPG.com

Four years ago Path of Exile launched hoping to do justice to its spiritual ancestor Diablo II, and hoping to enjoy a similar kind of success. Today, with numbers rising (a million players signed on in December alone) the Indie RPG is on track to achieve that ambition. Building on last year's momentum, this summer Path of Exile launches for Xbox One and releases its biggest expansion yet—The Fall of Oriath.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Quite liking the idea of removing cruel and merciless and adding these acts instead for leveling purposes.
    Looking forward to this.
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    GREAT! cant w8
  • shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Blizzard gives us 6 new uniques and a class for 10$ - these guys give us 6 acts for free, love you GGG
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    GGG puts Blizzard and Gazillion (marvel heroes) to shame really.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I hope there is a new leveling system. I wish we could just do maps at level 1

all of us have done act 1 at least 500 times by now
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Long live GGG!
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Alright, alright, I´ll stop looking at other games. Jeeez, GGG, calm down.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

Nyctelios said:

I was expecting act 5... and got to 10!!!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!

Love GGG!!!!

This^
  • ortheneorthene Member UncommonPosts: 13
    wonder if they will fix any optimization .. the stuttering gets old

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    smart F2P system. not greedy. they done very well.
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I am constantly impressed with PoE. It just keeps getting better.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I've always said PoE is the best ARPG on the market today.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Everytime I try to get back into this game, I just feel so... overwhelmed.  Ah well.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    DMKano said:
    Any way to easily respec as you wish? Or is reclaiming points spent still a crap process?

still the old free respec every 4 months/ using regret orbs. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Tiamat64 said:
    Everytime I try to get back into this game, I just feel so... overwhelmed.  Ah well.
    Yeah it wasnt for me either...i think the top down view was what really bugged me more than anything
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    After I played D3 on PS4 realized this genre is much more fun with a controller. Any plans regarding consoles or controller support?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    After I played D3 on PS4 realized this genre is much more fun with a controller. Any plans regarding consoles or controller support?
    It's going to Xbox One
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Blizzard, start learning.
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    This is how you grow a game. They must be putting in a lot of work to get this done.

Also improving a game without breaking it seems rare in games atm.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I really love POE, but the dsync and lag issues are still there (Although they certainly fixed a lot of it). Anyone who actually participated in the breach league will know what I'm talking about. I remember completely skipping certain rifts because they would dysnc the hell out of my character. I know it wasn't just me either, because every group I joined said "No rifts!" (especially the ice one). I watched multiple streamers die to these rifts and dysncs with video proof.

I really want to love this game, but can't play it because of this glaring issue.
  • rodrigodsrodrigods Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Part of my life revolves around this game's leagues start already. Now I even booked by vacations to june/july to match the new acts realease. What am I doing?
  • 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited February 2017

DMKano said:

Pemmin said:

DMKano said:

Any way to easily respec as you wish? Or is reclaiming points spent still a crap process?

And that's one of the reasons I walked away - I need to be able to respec easily to try out completely different builds as I want.

There is always D3 for the effortless gratification.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited February 2017
    DMKano said:
    43%burnt said:

DMKano said:

Pemmin said:

DMKano said:

And that's one of the reasons I walked away - I need to be able to respec easily to try out completely different builds as I want.

And nothing wrong with that - being able to respec as you get different armor sets is nice.

I don't see why this would be negative for PoE. Would this one change completely ruin the game?
    Half of their game is theory crafting itself, so I can't see this permanent-esque skill system will be gone.

You are not the first who asked such thing, but most of PoE player base disliking the implementation of full skill reset.

Google it, you can find various reasons easily. I'm not sure I can fully understand (and explain to you) their design of skill reset system either.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    DMKano said:
    43%burnt said:

DMKano said:

Pemmin said:

DMKano said:

And nothing wrong with that - being able to respec as you get different armor sets is nice.

I don't see why this would be negative for PoE. Would this one change completely ruin the game?

I talked to a few people about this topic. PoE would lose the "diablo 2" soul if they added easily accesible respec options.
    if you have an idea about a new build, you will try it out and put many hours in an alt to find out if it's either good or crap.

You will be told that this is knowledge you need to find out the hard way.

Adding easily accesible respecs would also lead to fotm classes more easily (quicker ??). And since it takes a long time to level an alt for a fotm build

you would think about trying a fotm build twice before trying it.. ?

I think the skill system is awesome but i don’t have so much time to learn it the „hard way“. I would love to see an easier respec option too.

Without it new players are either forced to use a build someone else made on the internet (which absoluetly kills the awesome skill system IMO) or gimp themselves to the oblivion and back

for the first 3 chars, which they will find out after first playthrough.

+1 for easier accesible respec option…

• anjin66anjin66 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Tintagil said:

I am constantly impressed with PoE. It just keeps getting better.

that's because they actually listen to what the players want :)