Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Expansion For Game Owners To Release On February 21st - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Expansion For Game Owners To Release On February 21st - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

Guardians of Ember News - The Guardians of Ember team has announced that it is going to release a free content expansion for current owners of the game on February 21st. It will brings Act 4 online, filled with new enemies and loot, new dungeons and locations to explore and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited February 2017
    Still no summoner/pet class, though, I take it?  I haven't been keeping up with the loop.

EDIT:  And yes, I'm aware of the engineer class.  That class is more like an insult to summoners than a summoner class, though.  ......like, seriously, with its small piddly amount (two) of temporary stationary summons that you can only keep out for half their cooldown time, if that much, it feels like they created that class just to spit at people who like playing summoners.  *looks at the next post down*  .....and if that's their idea of a summoner class, it also explains why they're apparently incapable of making the game actually fun.

Too bad since they included so many features like housing and mounts and pets, but it all fails if you can't get the base combat and classes gameplay (like summoner gameplay) right.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Yea I've been playing this game since they came to Steam and its got a lot of the mechanics of the game its trying to be but its just not fun.. Every time I start playing it I end up just deleting it and waiting for the next update which never seems to push it over the top. Its sad to say but not sure how long this one will be around already to many players have moved on..
  • G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Isn't this game in Early Access still?

I don't feel they need to announce a "Free" content update for owners of the game as if they are doing people a favor? Also a game in early access should not be getting content labeled as Expansions. Any content they add to the game is them doing their job and completing their game which is not yet fully released.

These game development companies have lost their minds.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited February 2017
    LOL, wtf. The game is still in EA and they're releasing a *free* expansion.

This is BS.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:
    black777 said:
    LOL, wtf. The game is still in EA and they releasing a *free* expansion.

This is BS.
    Yeah man this is bullshit! They should have charged for it. Or better they shouldn't add anything at all. And they should beat and flog themselves because of *reasons* and early access. Whatever they do we'll be outraged.

You people are a piece of work.
    Lol right , the circle is complete ,  now we have idiots complaining about free stuff... Amazing watching the Nerdrage , Listen , this is supposed to be your leisure time, Hobby/Activity , if some of you are getting so upset , your panties in such a tight knot, so emotionally distraught over what is a leisure/hobby activity , particularly when its a free item , its time reevalute your priorties and life ..,...maybe take up knitting or something , But please go in easy sometimes Churches give out free yarn ... Dont get upset .....
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Announcing expansion for ufinished product is funny at least. Looks like they are trolling their own customers. They should announce sequel very soon then. 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Wow, some salty comments here. Meanwhile people with a basic understanding of money and EA will simply go 'Jay, Free stuff!' I don't know what issues some of you have with this game besides simply not liking it. And in that case, don't buy it, or if you did, do more research next time you throw your money at something. I'll give it a spin for sure.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Ramajama said:
    Announcing expansion for ufinished product is funny at least. Looks like they are trolling their own customers. They should announce sequel very soon then. 
    That's what we called as roadmap. 

They just announce their future milestone that had been planned. On top of that, it won't cost you any dime, or you wanna request that free content to be paid one?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I've been following this one on Steam because it seems pretty interesting. One thing I'll say is that the devs seem to be doing a good job of communicating with the customers/playerbase, fixing issues, and adding updates.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Aori said:
    lahnmir said:
    Wow, some salty comments here. Meanwhile people with a basic understanding of money and EA will simply go 'Jay, Free stuff!' I don't know what issues some of you have with this game besides simply not liking it. And in that case, don't buy it, or if you did, do more research next time you throw your money at something. I'll give it a spin for sure.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Not really salty, I don't have it and never played it. I'm just outside looking in. I was interested but it just has a long list of negatives from those that have played it.

My stance is one of fix your base game before releasing more content, seems the priorities are wonky.
    Thats what they are doing tbh , game is at max lvl 40 of 100 and plenty of base content in the works and being added ... Much of it on the 21st ...

see its right there for everyone to read... but much easier to nerdrage than to educate oneself ..

The good news is that we have now successfully shifted our resources to bug fixing and that we will have a first bug oriented patch early next week. It will fix a lot of Act 3 quest related bugs as well as smaller bugs like progress bar issues for some quests, avoiding player exit possibilities from PVP queue, voucher invalidation due to spaces, issue with the City Sewers’ Bat Portal and more.

In the future we will have continuous bug fixes with regular patches while working on the general improvement of the game. Please understand that some of the bugs might be nasty and take more time to reproduce and identify the reasons or that we sometimes have to fix related issues in the background first.

We will release the Iron Hero feature on 3rd of February (edited) and celebrate this feature with a very challenging two-week event - you can find all information how to win visits to the Taiwanese development studio or other cool prizes in the forum or our Facebook Page.

Just three weeks later will see the release of Act 4, the next big content update to the game with more than 10 new zones and 16 dungeons, increasing the level cap to 50!

We also hope that within February we can deliver the first drop of our German localization - the UI!

So not only have the kept there word , there schedule and promises to date .. they have thrown in some extra stuff also ..FOr Free......

The they continue here.....

In the meantime we are already working on the release of Act 5, full German version, the Dark Knight character class and several new features and general improvements. These things will be released during Early Access but we do not have fixed dates yet as we are absorbing your feedback to the immediate patches first. Rest assured that we are reading all of your forum posts, reviews, news comments and especially the survey results - you are the best community we could hope for!

For that matter we know that some of you are worried about the number of players online but from our point of view these numbers are well in line with our Early Access goals to test and improve the game. With the above mentioned updates towards the full release we will not only get a lot of players back that are currently at the level cap or are simply waiting out the EA but also kick off a much bigger marketing campaign.

We are also getting asked on a daily basis if GoE will be F2P/P2W in the future so let's be clear again: We have no plans to go F2P so while we can never say never, it will not happen in the foreseeable future. And while we might add new items and FE-based systems to the game we will definitely never be P2W but keep these premium features optional!

Once again we want to thank you for your support of our game, invite you to discuss with us in the forums and promise you that we will do our best to make it the game you want to play! This is just the beginning of a long and exciting journey!

BR

So there we have it , Just a co... doing there best to update the base game . Lv cap and content in a timely manner and throw in some bonus free stuff with it ...

Off with there heads ...
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    i looked into it this morning since i have never heard of it..looks like its real early in development.those of you who are into hack and slash titles should try marvel heroes.might be something that scratches your itch until this game is finished.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

Torval said:

Raserei said:

I'm done in this discussion. Mark my words the game will be shut down by the end of the year. Whether you support it, I support it, or a few others here support it. The inevitable is going to happen, server shutdown by December 31st 2017.

That could happen. You're not some prophet. These little games come and go all the time. If it's going to happen, or not, your agenda won't make a difference one way or the other.

Just all the more reason to play it while it lasts instead of stewing in bitter negativity.

You know nothing about this game either.
    You don't even own the game , I'm sure.

Stop making a prophet of yourself.

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Torval said:

black777 said:

This is BS.

Yeah man this is bullshit! They should have charged for it. Or better they shouldn't add anything at all. And they should beat and flog themselves because of *reasons* and early access. Whatever they do we'll be outraged.

Oh come on the game was scheduled to come out with Act 4 so please take your horsecrap elsewhere, its not some new special extra content it was part of the orginal planned content they sold with the pre release, and to market it as something new, special and free is dishonest period.
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Torval is having g a bad day...week...Month? Idk but he's not happy lmao
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    I never said it was new or special extra content. I didn't say that it wasn't intended for release with the purchase. I said throwing a fit because they pointed out it was free is juvenile and ridiculous. Not everyone may know that it was included. IndieGoGo people probably do for sure, new users on Steam maybe not.

Clear communication and transparency are now "dishonest period"? That's what mmo gamers here have been asking for in crowd funded games. Like I said, you people are a piece of work if you're going to twist that into something bad.

They shouldn't have to say it but since ARK just released a paid DLC even though they're not out of EA yet, I guess they do. Apparently that still garners criticism. smh
    I have to agree with Torval here, the content is free, unlike ARK's.  I firmly believe the ARK developers should shove it releasing a paid DLC while their base game is still under development, but the worst, I feel, you could blame the developer of this game for is the development direction (if you don't like it and/or it's changed significantly and suddenly).  No need to throw a release party or anything, but no reason to accuse the devs of malice here, either.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    This is shit haha. Free update for an unfinished game. Lel.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Torval said:
    Aori said:
    Torval said:
    black777 said:

This is BS.

To be fair, it is an unfinished product. To announce "hey peasants, because we're so benevolent we're giving you a free expansion, be grateful for our generosity". It rubs people wrong, as it sounds like they're doing the player a favor. The player did the company a favor by buying into early access in hopes to getting a finished product.

I mean it is great they're doing something but I can see how it'll rub the wrong way with their presentation.
    And to be fair they could have charged like ARK.

In what world is an expansion at no additional charge a bad thing? They even sent out emails to backers.

If they announced a content expansion, chapter, DLC, or whatever you want to call it and didn't say one way or the other if it costs more money, if it was included, or anything of the sort would that have been more helpful? Or would have the same people posted how pissed off they are that they didn't say if it was paid or free.

Should they not have released more content? Should they have gone over the laundry list of every armchair designer? That's recipe for failure.

So what exactly are they supposed to do? The one huge problem with crowdfunding is that it breeds entitlement from the perpetually needy. The problem is their ideas and demands are usually idiotic.
    In what world is this an expansion, the game is in pre-release?  Think next time before you post such nonsense.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Simply put, the most atrocious, abject combat I've ever had the misfortune to experience in an MMOARPG...shame, I had great hopes for this title.
    Perennially extricating the extraneous