Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mute for 10 years/ pernamnent ban

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I'm sure it was just a minor transgression that earned you a 10 year ban.
    UngoodSovrath
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200

Here is my issue, while this could be a very serious issue, the response from KI is generic template response given to players who receive a chat ban.  I have seen this response from Ki from many, many people when they get a chat ban, including my cousin.  You can find these on wizard101 central all the time.   My cousin received a similar ban for telling another player he was a funking liar and got the same worded template . ( he did use funk and not the other word)  KI deemed his response to be an attack even though the other player lied and tried to discredit him in open chat.  A claim which the transcript proved.  Rather than accept the ban, he fought them and got the same generic template responses.  He got his credit card company and the better business bureau in Austin Texas involved. He also showed how KI seemed to ignore other posts which violated rules where no disciplinary actions were taken.  After this happened, he sent them a nice email and they gave him his full account status back.  My point is sometimes things aren't always what they appear to be.  This case here may or may not be a serious issue.

This seems to happen often with them.  I have heard where minor issues were given very heavy actions.  Not sure if they are true, but it seems to come up too often to be a mere coincidence.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dakeru said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:

Note that the OP doesn't even deny that he deserved a ban and he himself suggests that the offense is worth at least a month of being muted.

Keep him muted, I say.

So the criminals get to decide what their punishment will be now?
    I have no idea why you quote a year old post by me.
    Especially because obviously you didn't even understood what I actually said.
    This "himself suggests that the offense is worth at least a month of being muted."  is the reason I quoted you.  It was quoted him although you used the quote.  Don't personalize it as something about YOU.   The world doesn't circle around you.

The point is he did the offense and is suggesting what his punishment should be.  To which I wrote "So the criminals get to decide what their punishment will be now?"

There is a step by step breakdown of it.   Do you understand it now?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:

Note that the OP doesn't even deny that he deserved a ban and he himself suggests that the offense is worth at least a month of being muted.

Keep him muted, I say.

This "himself suggests that the offense is worth at least a month of being muted."  is the reason I quoted you.  It was quoted him although you used the quote.  Don't personalize it as something about YOU.   The world doesn't circle around you.

The point is he did the offense and is suggesting what his punishment should be.  To which I wrote "So the criminals get to decide what their punishment will be now?"

Yeah I understand that you are quoting me but your statement has nothing to do with me?
    Brilliant!

Just go bug someone else by randomly quoting them a year later and tell them you just prefer the quote button over the post button.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    A lot of good points were made in this thread and I agree with many of you. 10 years seems rather harsh when somebody gets one. I think they are hoping you will quit the game out of disgust. So instead of saying permanent ban they do this which amounts almost to the same thing.
    Sovrath

• krayzee13krayzee13 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I too have been muted for 10 years.My offense? I was chatting in private to a friend about something and he had given me his email address to send him some info on something. I went afk for a few and when I came back, I was disconnected so after logging back in, I private chatted him and asked, " What was that email again?" not YOUR email, but THAT email. The next day AFTER paying for a full year subscription, I logged back in to find I was muted for 10years because I had asked for the email address.  There was no warning. The other person was not punished in any way for offering his email in the first place.  KI told me I had violated a rule ( which I was not aware of) and to go read the section on how to protect your children in game. There is no arguing with them, they see things in black and white only. A petition was even made and signed by many players which some where threatened with being banned if they continued to question the decision.  I now play on another account with the same personal info as the muted account so how is that even protecting children from pervs? 
    superangel8877
  • WithdemonWithdemon Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Ten years? lol. That is like the life expectancy of this game. >.< 

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Phry said:
    Originally posted by Moguy3
    I copied and pasted this from NUMEROUS posts on their website.             <td padding0="" verticalbottom"=""> May 21, 2011   Re: Muted for ten years You have proven to us that you cannot interact with other players in a safe way, and we have chosen to remove your chat privileges instead of permanently banning you from playing Wizard101 at all.

Your actions have consequences, both in real life and in online life. This is a valuable lesson for you - you knew you were breaking the rules, and now you're paying the price. 

I'm sorry you feel this is unfair, however due to the egregiousness of your inappropriate chat, we felt it was necessary to remove your ability to chat to protect our other players. You are welcome to continue playing, but you have proven you cannot be trusted with chat privileges.

Anybody getting hit with that kind of ban, needs to seriously consider why they were banned, and perhaps seek counselling for inappropriate behaviour. image

I have zero sympathy for the OP. Its a freaking children's game  He's lucky they didn't life ban him. Its a game for kids and he's spewing off in chat. Coming here looking for sympathy is pathetic.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is something people should understand.
    First i do not condone spewing off as it was so eloquently put lol.

However protected children will NEVER see any spewing off,all they will see is gibberish.
    Now the children they actually make an effort to get around the system ,adults likely just goof off but only other adults will see it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lightdragon3lightdragon3 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    GAHHH!!! Night of the Living Thread!!!!! Nice necro post.

it is . but this subject comes up a lot on other W101 boards.

I am not too sure on the e-mail issue. I do know they sometimes look at the red letters. actually while typing if something seems reportable it will show up in red to give a warning. and if you send it then you are risking a mute or a ban. this is sometimes automatically flagged and alerts  KI to it.

for those that do not know the game has three chat types. menu chat ,text and open. menu chat can only see menu chat.  text and open chats will appear as dots to them. text chat has limited chat which can not include things like numbers. open chat has access to all words except certain words which are profane. going around the filter is considered a violation of the rules and will be considered as using that word.

the mutes will be one month,one year, ten years or permanent. some will be banned depending upon the seriousness of the offense and how many  times they broke the rules. also sometimes warnings are given as well. as when reports come in they will look at all chat from the reported person two hours before the report and two hours after the report. false reports are also noted and are usually given warnings or removal of the report button.

• NeoninxxaNeoninxxa Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I have been muted for 10 years as well, when I was only 15. It is completely unfair in all honesty, no matter what you've said.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Neoninxxa said:
    I have been muted for 10 years as well, when I was only 15. It is completely unfair in all honesty, no matter what you've said.
    If you really want to play and talk create a new account. 

15 yrs old is enough to be accountable for your online actions.
    EladiSovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• superangel8877superangel8877 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Dakeru said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:

Keep him muted, I say.

Yeah I understand that you are quoting me but your statement has nothing to do with me?
    Brilliant!

Just go bug someone else by randomly quoting them a year later and tell them you just prefer the quote button over the post button.
    let me at least say this i got 10 years muted just for singing a song in the hatchery and most people around kept just going on and on with reports; i would go to another area or another realm and they would still be reporting me,

its kinda bad i really would take a month banishment then a 10 year ban where i can't even talk to the people online i care for,  most people like me mostly understand when they start having people they care for around, your gonna find a way to talk to them 
  • pinky1644pinky1644 Member CommonPosts: 1
    I and friend was questing and this wiz yells help. Yes we helped but the mob put up a tower and I was typing to complain about tower nurffing my damage. Well sent the dam part by mistake even though I said meant to put damage. Well wiz reported me and I had week banned ok so I try tell KI what happend and said just banned for few days, bla never have I ever been banned. I make a mew account just to talk to my friend and wait out the banned. They sent the em from support to my new wiz account. I reply letting them no that this was not the account that was banned was my other one. Week goses by slowly and finally get on my account and I AM MUTED FOR 10 YEARS even though they told me in em that it was for a week. Even sent the em to support but nope notta, lvl 65 storm just started playing again because my daughter wanted to play to. Held out to lvl 101 lol got bug spell, then made new account to hard playing mute.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    This thread is older than my dog.

• malechite138malechite138 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    You have to keep in mind this is KI....they issued me a warning for cussing to myself, in game or at the game (usually about how max accounts shouldn't be fizzling multiple times in a row....but while alone...as in nobody else around me in the game or dungeons). So if I can get a warning for language while in a dungeon alone by myself, then imagine someone who gives them half a reason to put their finger on the mute/ban hammers.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    My guess, a 10 year mute is their version of a permanent mute. 

I don't know who you are or what you did, but you probably deserved it. I've seen many people that don't learn from a day, a week or a months ban so why waste GM time re-banning someone for the same thing when they can make it stick. 

Complaining about it on their forums or here doesn't do anything for you. Contact them personally and try to work it out that way.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    So, what is the record these days for the most necroposted necropost, because, thinking of contacting guinness book of records! :o
  • sddfgsddfg Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Uhh I got chat muted because 12 year old me gave away my password because some guy promised me free crowns
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited September 2021
    sddfg said:
    Uhh I got chat muted because 12 year old me gave away my password because some guy promised me free crowns
    Sorry to hear that but good to see you posting again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Vrika said:

It's a game for children. If a middle-aged man can't control his language when with children, then I think permanent ban from chatting in-game is too lenient action.

Lets be real, most kids swear worse than adults. I can't get a gaming session in with a bunch of pubs without a 10 year old screaming the N word at the top of their lungs.

I don't think most people realize how much they swear and how vulgar their language is....I know people that will drop 10 F bombs in a sentence and not bat an eye.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.