Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Before The Patch - Head of the Snake - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 - Before The Patch - Head of the Snake - MMORPG.com

The first story release of 2017 is right around the corner, with the next Living Story episode, Head of the Snake, and a new raid wing both expected with the upcoming patch. This will be the first time a raid wing will release side by side with a story episode, and- alongside other parts of the release- will be one of the biggest individual content updates to the game to happen in quite some time.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    1 content update, 99 cash shop updates.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    exile01 said:
    Ive only just returned to GW2 after 2 years, but isnt this the 4th content update in 7 months? 
    Doesn't sound too bad to me. 

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

exile01 said:

How about that - GW2 has a hater on this forum - who knew? There have been many updates recently and the game is still going strong.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Awesome, they are just pumping out updates of high quality and consistency now :D
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    I'm glad they're returning to the core of what the Guild Wars story had always been about. I'm really interested to see what happens with this episode, and honestly it's the first one I've actually looked forward to in a long time.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So much gated content now.  Each boss fight is a mini solo raid fight, just learn the pattern and do it until the boss dies.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    edited February 2017
    Balance is sorely needed... I'm tired of playing the same builds for the same classes over and over, and I miss the celestial amulet in PvP.

I haven't even tried any of the raids yet... I'm not sure how popular they are.. I spent a good while looking for a group the other night and the only ones recruiting seemed to be selling the raids.

Balance is sorely needed... I'm tired of playing the same builds for the same classes over and over, and I miss the celestial amulet in PvP.

I haven't even tried any of the raids yet... I'm not sure how popular they are.. I spent a good while looking for a group the other night and the only ones recruiting seemed to be selling the raids.

There are plenty of builds out there. If you don't know what you are doing, not the games fault.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    gw1 was such a nice and challanging game..

gw2 however..
    botrytis said:

There are plenty of builds out there. If you don't know what you are doing, not the games fault.
     I more than most know what I'm doing.  If you don't PvP you don't know what I'm talking about then.  9 times out of 10 all you need to do is look at the class list and you know what type of match you're going to have.

So no, there aren't "plenty of builds out there" if you want to be successful.  Play several rounds of PVP and get back to me.  

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

botrytis said:

I more than most know what I'm doing.  If you don't PvP you don't know what I'm talking about then.  9 times out of 10 all you need to do is look at the class list and you know what type of match you're going to have.

So no, there aren't "plenty of builds out there" if you want to be successful.  Play several rounds of PVP and get back to me.  

As much as I love GW2, I have to agree with you.

Most of the classes cannot compete without speccing to Elite specs, which means this already narrowing build choices for most of the classes, mainly revenant.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

botrytis said:

Most of the classes cannot compete without speccing to Elite specs, which means this already narrowing build choices for most of the classes, mainly revenant.
    Ugh. Don't get me started on the Revenant. It is a fundamentally broken class. And while every other class can easily be given more build diversity with future elite specs, the Revenant is so reliant on the mechanics of Glint just to function thanks to the lack of mobility and poor boon uptimes of the core Revenant. 

I simply don't know what Arenanet was smoking when they decided to give the core specs of their new profession little mobility, a crippling weakness to conditions on its power spec, no complementary 2nd legend to its condi spec, half of an underwater build, and no flexibility in its utilities. And yet they still never miss a beat in hard nerfing this profession with every balance patch.

gw1 was such a nice and challanging game..

gw2 however..

GW1 had WAY MORE BALANCE ISSUES than GW2 - 50HP monk? 50HP Assassin? I could go on.

Depends on the Tier of WvW - T1 - BLOBATHON. T2 - what you are talking about. T3 - havoc at will. anything below does not have the proper coverage.

Aeander said:

botrytis said:

Ugh. Don't get me started on the Revenant. It is a fundamentally broken class. And while every other class can easily be given more build diversity with future elite specs, the Revenant is so reliant on the mechanics of Glint just to function thanks to the lack of mobility and poor boon uptimes of the core Revenant. 

I simply don't know what Arenanet was smoking when they decided to give the core specs of their new profession little mobility, a crippling weakness to conditions on its power spec, no complementary 2nd legend to its condi spec, half of an underwater build, and no flexibility in its utilities. And yet they still never miss a beat in hard nerfing this profession with every balance patch.
    Its already a shame that the rev has been nerfed so hard to a class that was already pretty scarce in PvP,  but now they really did pigeon hole you in build diversity.  I just really can't grasp the rev as a whole when it comes to sustain.   They can still put out a lot of damage but.. you have to work for it.

Unlike these new evasion staff thieves... which does as much damage with much less skill, or the much hated trap guardian that everyone seems to play now.   I can't say that I'm excited when I see a rev on my team, but when I see a decent one I have to give them respect, it's not the easiest choice after all the nerfs. 

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Uninstalled a while ago, so did most of their customers... the last expansion was the latest disappointment. I do not think many people are coming back, most went to other games or still game hopping...
  • redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    cagan said:
    Uninstalled a while ago, so did most of their customers... the last expansion was the latest disappointment. I do not think many people are coming back, most went to other games or still game hopping...
    hmm, I just started playing again a  few weeks ago and I'm seeing tons of people in the low level areas.  definitely doesn't feel like "most of their customers" left.  
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I've been playing rev since it first came out. (About 1,906 hours on that class alone) Most of the reasons for the nerfs were because of previous non skill splitting balance. However, Anet is now getting better at splitting skills between game modes with the proof coming from previous skill balancing patch notes.

Rev was also stupid strong in high lvl pvp when it was first out. Like, every team needed to have a rev if they wanted to get kills. If played to its highest level it would destroy most players quickly. However, with the new meta shifts, the rev nerfs are appearing to be a bit too heavy handed.

My advice; Don't play rev unless your playing it at a high level. Avoid thieves all the time, don't 1v1 anyone unless you know you can beat them via observation of how they play, stay with your team because revs do super good in team fights along with 2v2s.

I got to platinum 3 playing only rev before I had to stop because I got a new job. 

cagan said:
    hmm, I just started playing again a  few weeks ago and I'm seeing tons of people in the low level areas.  definitely doesn't feel like "most of their customers" left.  
    Whenever people being salty about an MMO, just ask them to post screenshot of said game's empty main town. Or else, you can take their words with a grain of sand.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    cagan said:
    Whenever people being salty about an MMO, just ask them to post screenshot of said game's empty main town. Or else, you can take their words with a grain of sand.
    Don't you get it? He clearly was "most of their customers." This noble gentleman single-handedly provided most of the game's budget, and his tragic uninstalling of the game accounted for the drop in profits in Q1 2016. Anet is heartbroken and the game is dead. 
    Aeander said:
    cagan said:
    Don't you get it? He clearly was "most of their customers." This noble gentleman single-handedly provided most of the game's budget, and his tragic uninstalling of the game accounted for the drop in profits in Q1 2016. Anet is heartbroken and the game is dead. 
    Uh, wow.. I really didn't see that kind of words will come from you, dude. Nice one indeed!

I'm speechless TBH..

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    cagan said:
    Thats useful in a game using megaserver tech...not.

The maintowns will be packed most hours of the day but if there are more or fewer people around then 6 months ago? No idea.
  • FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

botrytis said:

You're showing you know nothing.

I seen a PvP team of engineers mop up a team of warriors, some of which were in the same mindset as you. When confronted with the truth about skill being superior to class, they proceeded to message salty PM claiming we were hackers.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249
    edited February 2017
    Deleted comment

FleshMask said:

botrytis said:

You're showing you know nothing.

I seen a PvP team of engineers mop up a team of warriors, some of which were in the same mindset as you. When confronted with the truth about skill being superior to class, they proceeded to message salty PM claiming we were hackers.
    But that's the thing..DPS Warriors are weak to sustain and Engineers are high sustain classes... so that means nothing. Same with Trap Guardians (and burn guardians which you see much less of).

But I bet all of those engineers were scrappers.  The only other build people play in PvP are burn engineers relying on condi, and those have been phased out due to heavy focus on condi cleanse elementalists.  

The point stands... there are few GOOD builds to play.  

Every class but rev has at least 2 okay builds to play in PvP and almost all of them require elite specs. Have you seen rangers that aren't using druid?  Warriors that don't use berserker?  Guardians that don't use DH? Thieves would be worthless now without Daredevil - zero survivability.  Scrapper is the best spec for damage and sustain for engineer.   And are you really picking death shroud over reaper?  And herald is the ONLY way to play the rev in PvP.  the ONLY successful way, and I've only seen 1 rev in the past 3 weeks not using it.  He did zero damage and had zero sustain.  He was the weakest link.

Lets get real here... 

• netpsirusnetpsirus Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Ready for dissapoint.