Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screenshots!

2»

Comments

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited January 2017

JamesGoblin
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Ledrir said:
    I don't like the landscape.  I want to see fantasy elements to the landscape.  The fact that it looks like a normal woods is boring and unimpressive.
    I completely disagree, I'm tired of games coming out that exaggerate everything.. huge fantasy, huge weapons, killing 10 mobs at once at level 2.. all that is crap.  I want a MMORPG that looks normal, when I"m walking through a forest I want it to look like a forest, not like I just hit some LSD.

This game will have fantasy elements but like DAOC it will have its feet firmly on the ground.

• nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    @Luidenand @Ledrir FYI, it's a test island.

They've recently increased the island size to 32 km, which is 1,204 square kilometres, and now they are in the process of making this vast space more interesting for players. Thus the reason why you've seen so many statues, interesting mushroom-shapes, gigantic trees, etc. were made in the last few weeks.

The've also said, that the current lighting is far to realistic for a fantasy-game, but it helps to adjust the textures. When they are done, they will chance it so the colours&lighting fit the theme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
    Not feeling the over sized armor, looks cheap and tacky

Userpic checks out >:)

But seriously, at yesterdays Q&A this topic was addressed, especially regarding gloves --> they said, that they've remade all the hands but not the armour / cloth pieces yet.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    LOl ..."would you have said so",,if you know me,your darn skippy i would say so.

They look good,all  i can say,doesn't make a game though and we need to see assets,actually htere is a LOT that needs to be done in a single screeenshot.
    They have to add trigger point sounds or persistent sounds,music,mobs,particle effects for the rain/snow whatever,maybe it rains red acid.

Yes oh yes...combat,it really seems to me the toughest thing to pull off,the industry really lacks good creative minds.I could probably name all the mmorpg combat systems on one hand,maybe 3 fingers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Also severely lacking and idk why because you would THINK a developer is looking for an edge over it's competition but secrets and animations.Give players stuff to discover and it can be added ongoing to old zones even ,it keeps everything alive and exciting to discover some new hidden passage.Think along the lines of Tomb Raider,maybe some stones with a ancient glyph pattern to decipher or water that can drain away and reveal hidden dungeons etc etc.

Islands,make use of that water,have places in the water to discover,maybe a large island with a violent race of Pygmies lol whatever.It is all part of what i say when i always talk about bringing a world to life.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited February 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Also severely lacking and idk why because you would THINK a developer is looking for an edge over it's competition but secrets and animations.
    What do you mean?

Wizardry said:
    Give players stuff to discover and it can be added ongoing to old zones even ,it keeps everything alive and exciting to discover some new hidden passage.
    That would be nice, but currently they have no time for that, see Tyler's statement at yesterdays Q&A ... but the good thing is, because of their server-tech (1 island = 1 server) they can easily update a whole island without breaking the world map.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    You KNOW you will all be turning off the ground clutter and all to be more able to visually see the "enemy" anyway.  Turning off the grass/flowers/etc is the first thing I do in any game like Unchained.
    centkin said:
    Turning off the grass/flowers/etc is the first thing I do in any game like Unchained.
    That wont be that easy in CU; the game will be heavily server-focussed, i.e. the client has to draw what the server orders. For example, you can't make the forests or the night brighter by tweaking your client, or some bushes, etc. wont disappear.
  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited February 2017
    The game looks like is getting shaped to become gorgeous, thanks for the screenshots
    JamesGoblin
    edited February 2017
    centkin said:
    You KNOW you will all be turning off the ground clutter and all to be more able to visually see the "enemy" anyway.  Turning off the grass/flowers/etc is the first thing I do in any game like Unchained.
    Here's an answer from a Q&A related to this topic [17:58]:
    (tl;dr - No graphics options that confer a gameplay advantage by using lower or higher setting (e.g. hiding in a brush that isn't drawn at lower setting). Servers do not send updates about players that the client can not / is not supposed to see. Turning off all the grass and vegetation (exploit) in CU to be inconsequential gameplay wise.)
    JamesGoblin
    edited March 2017

JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    R-000 said:
    why does this games graphics look 10 years old . The graphics look like complete shit for a game being made in 2017.

Its like they're building Dark Age of Camelot over again with the same graphics it had before

Ignorance and hyperbole, two old friends here at MMORPG.com.

I'm currently playing DAOC and the graphics look no where near as good.

If you are playing a large scale PVP game for its graphics you are doing it wrong.

You won't be missed.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

R-000 said:
    why does this games graphics look 10 years old . The graphics look like complete shit for a game being made in 2017.

Its like they're building Dark Age of Camelot over again with the same graphics it had before
    The screenshot you picked shows the game as it is now, after 15 years of operation and multiple visual upgrades.

How the characters looked like when DAoC released:

CU characters during Alpha:

More visual improvements will likely happen during Beta and beyond, but it's already looking pretty good imo.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson

ConstantineMerusJamesGoblinMrMelGibson

JamesGoblin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I like those screenshots. IMO not every game needs to look like Black Desert to be acknowledged as a 2017 game lol. I think this looks good enough, at least on these images.
    francis_baud

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    if Mythic Entertainment isn't making this..then who the fuq cares
    KyleranJamesGoblincollekt

nursoJamesGoblin