Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from this game

Comments

• krivojkrivoj Member CommonPosts: 9

i agree 100%.

Now , without me, the game is perfect. All problems are resolved.

No more multi-accounts, no more cheating. 

guys, go subscribe and have fun in this great  game. 

TheScavenger
  • GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by krivoj

i agree 100%.

Everyone knows there are cheaters in every game. Now everyone also knows that you are a cheater, and that the devs are catching cheaters.

TheScavengerNightblazedBlueProteus
  • Carrot153Carrot153 Member Posts: 2

5th Season have always taken a strong line against multi accounts in the other game of theirs I play - Managerleague.

Whether you agree or not that it's ok in this instance that some of the dirty laundry got washed in public is neither here or there really, but to me it shows that they take it seriously.

If you play by the rules then you have nothing to fear from being kicked either in this way or having a nice flowery message explaining the reasons - it doesn't really matter.

The devs are regularly on global chat daily, and they are certainly listening to their customers and tweaking the game to make it a better experience for all - to me this is a great sign for the game moving forward.

And after all as someone more famous than me said 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Honestly, if you came here and just admitted you were in the wrong but showed PROOF of TONS of other people doing the exact same thing and/or other cheating, it might be a little better. 

Instead, you got caught and just said "others do it to, so it should be okay for me".

TheScavenger
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Not that I really blame you, but when you do not know what kind of game this is it's probably natural to be confused why having more than one account would ever be against the rules.

My English is not good enough to explain it, but it gives you a lot of advantages, it's nothing like your typical mmorpg, or even any mmo.

I had a whole galaxy in starsphere that I controlled myself, and it was AMAZING. Clearly against the rules and I deservedly got banned after a few weeks.

The thing with multiple account is that you can feed your main account with lots of resoruces and xp, you can use the other accounts to spy by joining other alliances and the list goes on.

krivoj you remind me about myself about 15 years ago. I recognize your train of thought and all I can say is with age you will understand how wrong you are.

• snoopehsnoopeh Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by krivoj

i agree 100%.

You have yet to provide any evidence that anyone else is multi/cheating.

And yes i think i will have a lot of fun, this game is barely out a month and i think its pretty damn good. With many future patches and new game features planned i can see this game only getting better.

You cheated, you got caught. Now man up and move on please.

TheScavenger
  • ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Never even heard of the game... so, will do.
    TheScavenger
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1

You know, krivoj, he has more to lose, coming here to discuss this than you do. Just as I argued in the other thread, new forum posters were aggressively supportive and it's suspicious, you, too are in that position. If I know neither party personally (or at least have no other frame of reference) and I have to gauge who is being more honest based on "who loses more", especially since it's included in his effort to champion integrity of his game, you're fighting a real uphill battle. Arguing they "don't physically see you playing multiple accounts" isn't helping, and is only a misdirection.

Well, it's really not a misdirection at all.

They banned him on the reason of "multiple accounts which is not allowed". But then they turn around and say "it's okay to have multiple accounts from the same IP".

Well now, that's not so cut and dry, is it? There multiple possible scenarios at play, and the developer has to know for certain which one they're dealing with before they can act (or not act) appropriately on it.

So, "How do you reliably differentiate between the two?" is a perfectly valid question to ask. Was the OP challenged upon attempting to open every account from the 2nd one on? How do they make that call with enough confidence that they can then act on it?

Also - the big issue here as I understand it (the OP can correct me if I'm wrong) - is that they allowed multiple accounts for a full 15+ days of free game time. Only after payment had been received, converting them to full accounts, did they decide to crack down and ban the accounts. Frankly, that timing is just way too convenient.

The rep wants to argue that the OP "agreed to the rules before playing". If the rules are that important, then why wait over 15 days to enforce and act on them?

And as for having "nothing" as the official reason for the ban, because they "didn't have it worked into the back-office"? Really? I'm sorry, but that's not the player's/customer's problem.

I'd be going for a charge-back on every account canceled. I'd provide the emails, with "nothing" as a reason as proof. And when the question of "no multiple accounts" comes up, I'd challenge them to provide:

1. How they reliably differentiate between multiple players on the same IP address, and 1 person controlling 5 accounts. How did they make that confirmation in the OP's case?

2. Why they wait until after payment is received - 15+ days later - to investigate and/or act on the situation?

3. Why "Nothing" is even a reason for banning an account in the first place. I mean, the fact that "Nothing" is even an option when such actions are taken is a huge red flag. I'd think that if "single user running multiple accounts against the game's EULA" would be an obvious reason to include, if it's as big a deal as the game rep makes it out to be.

To be clear...

I'm not saying it was right for the OP to have multiple accounts if that was in fact the situation, and if that is indeed against their rules. I am saying, however, that the developer's case here, the timing and manner in which they chose to act on it, is incredibly dubious, from the word go.

For me, regardless if the OP is right, wrong, or otherwise... these AD2460 folks are shady as hell.

• timdavistimdavis Member CommonPosts: 1

Hello,

New account, yes - I don't play too many online games so I've not gone to the other thread to recommend this one since however much I enjoy it, I may have different expectations to you guys :-)

But since there seems to be some confusion over how the developers "know" this person was cheating, can I just add that the player concerned was quite open and unapologetic about it in-game:

"hi,
    to be honest: i am 1 real person with 5 accounts. i don't know if one day i will be banned. No problem, i'll come back toplay world of warcraft :) At the moment i pay €20 every mouth. Spinner will decide.
    i don't like big alliances with 200 members. i like small alliances with good coordination.
    i work all night as [deleted] so i have all night to play. So i am not on the chat during day.
    my englisj is poor, i read and understand all, but i have some problem about writing.
    i fight with every single player that attack me steadily. At then moment i am at war with a yakuza member. And i want this war! ;)
    i need attack with 4,5 fleets and defend hw with 2 fleet, but i can't handle 8 or more accounts. That's why i need a bigger alliance, but i dont' want join a top alliance with 100 members. my tactics is read alliance combat log and counterattack who attack every member of alliance :)
    i'll be happy to join [deleted]. If is all ok, i start to spend all my money bank and gradually join with every account."

That's one message from the player concerned, anyway (with identifying details deleted) - it's from the game's internal messaging system, so available presumably for the developers to read themselves.

I'm not sure the "they only kicked him after he paid" argument holds much water either, incidentally, since a) this appears to have been brought to the devs attention after the trial period, not before, and b) the game is new and still trying to add members so the most 'convenient' approach would presumably be to allow multiple, paying accounts.

Count me among the number who appreciate the fact that the developers do deal with cheats. I also think they're quite genuine about making the playing field even and removing "pay-to-play" advantages (whether legitimate or not) - seems to be the game's raison-d'etre, and hopefully they will get enough players to make it work!

BlueProteus
  • McBlerbMcBlerb Member CommonPosts: 1
    Silly OP shouldn't hva multi'd :P
    TheScavenger
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Pemmin
    Originally posted by Robokapp

chargeback imo.

"reason: None" is sufficient evidence.

^charge back

also: someone finally posted on here that they got banned from a game for no reason and have the proof to back it up.

TheScavenger

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Pemmin
    Originally posted by Robokapp

chargeback imo.

"reason: None" is sufficient evidence.

^charge back

also: someone finally posted on here that they got banned from a game for no reason and have the proof to back it up.

If you bother to read a few posts below OP, you'll find pretty decent "proof".

That said, multis have always been 5th season's shady side. My competitor and his 14 brothers all concur.

TheScavenger
  • suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Never heard of that shit until now. I would say good job OP, nice and free add on this site.

This game looks like a crap, anyway.

TheScavenger

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• ViborimoViborimo Member UncommonPosts: 4
    @Swanea agreed.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited February 2017

When signing up in the game you agree to  the game rules.

That you actively sign up and play with 5 accounts is a breach of those game rules.

We we find that out we need to take action -  in your case we closed 4 out of your 5 accounts.

We do not make rules for fun - we make and enforce the rules to secure a better game for those playing by our rules

How exactly are you going to know if another account plays from the same IP address if its the same user or not, heck some people login from different IP addresses, and if I wanted to cheat all I would have to do is use prepaid cards with fake names, and open a Proxy server that is dedicated IP for each account I want to have multiple on, heck I could even lie and say one belongs to someone else from the same IP address and try to pass it off as another family member playing.Although using fake identity is abuse of some computer fraud laws going way back, but usually not many people actually sue for this let alone someone using multiple layers of VPN services rather hard to trace.

On top of this one you all fail to disclose you are actually logging IP addresses, or identify information on customers although everyone should know this (You do not inform people under the rules, there is no Terms OF Service listed, and currently I am looking into legal action on a few F2P companies for violating my privacy) actually got some Lawyers interested, and even if it is too expensive or they can't do anything I still spread the word everywhere cost them as much money in losses as I can.

Point being banning people for having multiple accounts can be stupid or not correct, I actually had this happen on these forums once but it was resolved with another person sharing the same IP in my house hold years ago...

Also Game Rules, is Not a Terms OF Service, or EULA, Simply put they have the right to ban you, But because there is no specific terms of service, You could actually legally sue them for your money back, or do a charge back within the 30-90 days depending on what your bank allows.

Also I do not find the "Ban Message Professional at all" It should specify the rule that was broken on it rather than "No reason given"...

So I agree don't play this game until they make improvements to the ban system "Write a proper EULA, and Terms OF Service". There is a honest reason why Riot Games who runs League OF Legends wrote a very long and detailed EULA, and that was to cover every loop-hole from sueing them so its very hard to even get into a court now, on top of writing game rules that you agree to them within the Terms OF Service... 

Which leaves only one Loop-Hole to sue Riot with, Back in the day Riot Lyte talked about being a psychologist on their service, studying player behavior and talking to people about their issues, because the game company is not registered to give Medical Advise, and or be a psychologist company you could sue them for this back in the day for mistakes on forum posts and such if they ever slip up... Although I doubt that would happen again...

And although Riot can pretty much legally ban anyone now for no reason at all your always welcome to go back into their game and be as toxic as you can to as many people as you wan't and keep getting banned until they perm-block you, or you use spoofing software / proxies & VPN's until they get a court order that tells you that you can't use their service anymore. So a Terms OF Service doesn't fully protect any game company been there done that caused some people before serious amounts of money for the drama they started.
    TheScavenger
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Strong necro.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Forgrimm said:
    Strong necro.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I'm always leary about these kinds of complaints.  It's not that I don't believe, but without knowing the background, it's hard to judge with just a screen shot like this whether it was justified or not.

I self identify as a monkey.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2017
    I think everyone missed the OP's point altogether,at least the way i understood it.

What he is was saying " i think" is that they had already planned on the account ban,but waited until they took his money first.
    That would imo would be deemed as illegal.Reason being is they would in fact knowingly be ready to NOT honor a purchase but pretended to so they could get his money.

Not only would he get his money back,i would bet any good lawyer could enforce a much bigger penalty.

Here is another point to make....

The very first word in the TOS is ..."YOU",it does not say anyone else in your household,anyone else using your internet IP,just YOU,meaning one person.

Their action claims they somehow magically KNOW those other accounts were operated by that one person "YOU",which of course would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to know.They of course are allowed to assume all they want,but don't go pointing at the TOS when it is not actually saying HE did anything wrong,unless you can prove it.
    So then what,we get software businesses putting in stuff like, "We are allowed to assume whatever we want" ??
    This is why law is always changing,businesses are not always trying to do things within reason, often or usually more or less exploiting you or trying to avoid law itself.This is why now law looks at Clickwrap and browserwrap terms,because businesses are trying to be sneaky or misleading.
    TheScavenger

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Koukos2004Koukos2004 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    ive beed a GM in another online game (browser) with millions of players..cant say which one.... the companies have the tools to find out if you have more than one account......it is unquestionable.... dont blame or you might get more than just a ban....
    TheScavengerNightblazed
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited July 2017
    I saw this in the top voted games, dunno why this is a top voted game...but here is my post anyway...

I find it funny these fail browser RPGs ban users for multi accounts. have they never heard of husbands, wives, brothers, room mates? I guess the developers think no lifer basement dwellers that have no friends play their game. Which is very sad and pathetic, and shows how bad the game is.

Never even heard of this game, but it must be for basement dwellers with no friends, and that is the developers market. At least that is how it appears in how the developers act. They are taking advantage of lonely gamers that don't play with anyone else and live all alone.

Lots of people in say WoW have more than one account on the same IP, because their husband (or wife or girlfriend/boyfriend) play alongside them. Or have room mates that all play together. That is a REAL social experience.

I am imagining the developers making a DnD game. But no one could be in the same room as each other because that would be "cheating". Pretty much same thing lol.

Family and friends often play together in the same house or apartment or whatever, and play games that way. That is a huge part of gaming. And this isn't the first browser game I see ban people for that because "two accounts on same IP trolololol" 

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    You get free stuff for helping the devs anyways in that game.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    DarLorkar said:

I dont care. It is unprofessional to come argue with a customer ( past or present) in an open forum. A simple go here and we will discuss any game issues in private is all you need to do.

Anything further just shows me to stay away from an unprofessional game company. Right or wrong in any particular case does not matter. Just be professional.

Enough said.

I also disagree with you.  Anytime someone comes onto a forum to openly slander a company the company has the right to address that where it took place.  In this case the OP broke the rules, actually the first rule in particular by using multiple accounts.  They closed the accounts then he came here to complain that he broke the rules and got caught. 

I wish more developers would log onto forums like this and just put the people on blast actually showing what the people said or did.  Maybe then we wouldn't have so many people complaining about companies banning them because they broke the rules.  People today have such entitlement complexes that they think they have a right to break the rules then turn around and fight and complain when they get caught and are punished for doing it in the first place.  Unfortunately that is the world we live in now. 

Just imagine if these companies started actually seeking legal representation for slander against people doing this on forums it would be a slam dunk case most of the time.  Imagine having to pay a company that you hate because you attempted to cause their business harm because you got caught doing something you were not suppose to then were punished.
    TheScavenger
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2017
    NECRO
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited July 2017
    Torval said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Strong necro.
    :lol: double necro now.

I saw this in the top voted games, dunno why this is a top voted game...but here is my post anyway...

I find it funny these fail browser RPGs ban users for multi accounts. have they never heard of husbands, wives, brothers, room mates? I guess the developers think no lifer basement dwellers that have no friends play their game. Which is very sad and pathetic, and shows how bad the game is.

Never even heard of this game, but it must be for basement dwellers with no friends, and that is the developers market. At least that is how it appears in how the developers act. They are taking advantage of lonely gamers that don't play with anyone else and live all alone.

Lots of people in say WoW have more than one account on the same IP, because their husband (or wife or girlfriend/boyfriend) play alongside them. Or have room mates that all play together. That is a REAL social experience.

I am imagining the developers making a DnD game. But no one could be in the same room as each other because that would be "cheating". Pretty much same thing lol.

Family and friends often play together in the same house or apartment or whatever, and play games that way. That is a huge part of gaming. And this isn't the first browser game I see ban people for that because "two accounts on same IP trolololol" 
    Dude, you double-necro'd a thread and didn't read the part where the developer posted that multiple family members can play from one location. The guy was boxing and they don't allow that. It's pretty clear.

What's pathetic is you created an entire faulty argument and tirade based on wrong information and then proceeded to rage about it for 6 paragraphs.
    I didn't double post, I checked and I only did one post. Not sure what you mean there.

But as for multiple family members in one location. There is actually no easy way to tell if its one dude on multiple computers, or multiple people instead. In WoW, I swore a group of 6 people were botting. They followed each other around, did basic movements/attacks and acted very suspicious. I reported them and it turns out after seeing them again a month later, the guy was the father and it was his kids playing with him. But it looked exactly like a bot group going around auto attacking and barely doing anything "advanced". 

Then why is even multiple accounts bad anyway? More money for the developers. In EVE, I had 3 accounts running. One miner, one hauler and a combat/defender in case of ganks that used a throwaway combat ship. This is VERY common in many MMOs, and developers actually love it because more money for them and it actually does no harm to the game.

For example, I was nowhere near as good as a group of 3 players...so if an organized group came along, I was screwed despite having 3 accounts going. May have escaped, but not in an actual group with other players, I was often at a big disadvantage. It was actually pretty challenging controlling 3 ships.

Same in WoW. There are lots of people with more than 1 account. 

But besides that...going back to my first example...I was 100% positive that a group was botting and it was just a guy with his really young kids. He was actually really friendly, but I assumed he was botting. It looked exactly like it. So blizzard could have said "lol multi account bot", but they must have dealt with it internally and found out he was innocent.

So how do you tell things like that apart? Someone can pretend to have a brother or a roommate, and in many cases I've seen them actually get away with that excuse. But how are the developers going to prove otherwise? Either they ban anyone of any suspicion of multi accounts, or anyone can pretend to have friends or family. 

I know 2 people in real life (both in Europe) that are VERY good at pretending to be multiple people, and any game that ban multi accounts (which is dumb to begin with), they actually get away with it (they occasionally play MUDs, so a bit different than a browser game, but point remains). In that case, how do you tell the difference?

That also doesn't include people with dynamic IP addresses that change all the time, or those on private browsers that change your location for you. There are so many ways to get around the multi account rule that it is VERY easily abused. Unless the game comes with a client, its quite a bit harder of course. 

But even ignoring cheaters, there is nothing wrong with more than one account, especially if both accounts pay. No one should be banned after paying right after, I'd do a charge back because I'd feel ripped off (if I spent 15 dollars in WoW, got banned an hour later because I have more than one account, I'd get my money back because my 15 dollars was wasted) and that actually hurts the company more. But that isn't even an issue, because every MMO I ever played you can have more than one account. heck, I have two steam accounts and there isn't anything wrong with that. 

The only time I have ever seen multi-accounts be an issue is in browser games and some muds...dunno why, but no other genre or type of game has an issue with them. I don't even understand why. Like two characters in an RP MUD? Just RP them differently, dunno why that is even an issue lol. Two characters in a browser game? Not different at all from two characters in WoW or EVE lol.

It must be because browser games and MUDs are a VERY old and archaic way to play games, so they have outdated and primitive rules from way back when. Since newer games having more than one account is common and not even a second thought. Maybe the actual target is for old gamers, and not the new generation. And old gamers play games really slow, and would be at a disadvantage if there was a person with more than one account. Since MUDs and browser games tend to be for older gamers (or sometimes kids too, depending on the game. Like battleon games and neopets are aimed at kids, but they allow more than one account funny enough), where as games for old people they wouldn't be able to compete otherwise.

So I can see that actually, that this game targets an older group. Maybe retired grandparents that need a slow paced game, and if someone had say 6 accounts, that is a huge advantage to someone in their senior years. So maybe its not basement dwellers this game aims for, but an older group that most games don't try to target ever. So that is awesome actually, because most games are aimed at young kids or young adults.
    Post edited by TheScavenger on
    Nightblazed

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul