Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when are MMORPG site gonna change their name?

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
We all know this site is not only about MMOs anymore, Isn't it time to change the name.

Comments

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    I don't see why they would bother to rebrand whenever MMORPG.com is a pretty choice domain grab. Also, seeing as how the majority of the content here is related to MMO or MOGs it would seem rather counter productive to do so. If they were at half and half with content about all types of games I would say that's fine, but I see no reason to change the name.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Didn't you know? Anything with multiplayer is now an MMO, it's official. MOBA's, Co-Op's, 10v10's, all MMO's now.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2017
    Maurgrim said:
    We all know this site is not only about MMOs anymore, Isn't it time to change the name.
    Probably not as it has brand recognition.

To that end, even Massively hasn't "changed their name" with the inclusion of non-mmo games.
    Post edited by Sovrath on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NEXTLEVLNEXTLEVL Member UncommonPosts: 5
    @Maurgrim that just seems like a step backwards, this is still my go to site for MMORPG's
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Didn't you know? Anything with multiplayer is now an MMO, it's official. MOBA's, Co-Op's, 10v10's, all MMO's now.
    Thats why I suggested changing the genre name to SCMMORPG (Soft Cap Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)

or just SCMOG (Soft Cap Multiplayer Online Game)

to make it different from the old acronym that is easily exploited by marketers.

I got banned last time I suggested that. but its the best idea so far. Because now the term MMORPG is corrupted to include games like CoD. 

Remember that Massively blog post a while back that said any game that requires online is a MMO regardless of if its single player or 2 players only?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    What did the current name do to you to deserve a change?

Did it threaten you in some way?

Time to move on from this topic already...

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    If you purchase and give the site owner a more suitable URL (which must be short and descriptive), maybe they'll consider it.  Or maybe they'll go all Dan Snyder on you:

"We will NEVER change the name.  It's that simple.  NEVER.  You can use caps."
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Maurgrim said:

I don't agree with your views, hang on I need capslock for this.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS WENT INTO MMORPG.COM. GOING AHEAD AND JUST CHANGING THE NAME WOULDN'T JUST BE A DISSERVICE IT WOULD BE A CRIME TO HUMANITY AND FUTURE SPACE HUMANITY UNDER THE GALACTIC GOOGLE UNION. BLASPHEMOUS, DOWN RIGHT SACRILEGIOUS.

PRAISE LORD BILL MURPHY FOR HIS PATIENCE AND GRACE!

NO ENTIENDES CUÁNTA SANGRE, SUDO, Y RASGOS ENTRÓ EN MMORPG.COM. IR POR DELANTE Y SIMPLEMENTE CAMBIAR EL NOMBRE NO SÓLO SERÍA UN DISERVORIO SERÍA UN CRIMEN PARA LA HUMANIDAD Y EL FUTURO HUMANIDAD ESPACIO BAJO LA GALÁCTICA GOOGLE UNIÓN. BLASFAMOS, ABAJO DERECHO SACRILEGIOUS.

¡ALABADO SEA SEÑOR BILL MURPHY POR SU PACIENCIA Y GRACIA!

블러드, 스웨트, 눈물이 얼마나 많이 MMORPG.COM에 들어 왔는지 알지 못합니다. 끝내고 이름을 변경하는 것은 단지 DISSERVICE가 아닐 것이므로 움츠림없는 GOOGLE UNION 하에서 인류와 미래의 인적 자원에 대한 범죄가 될 것입니다. 희열이 많고, 오른쪽 아래로 미란다.

그의 인내와 은혜를 위해 주님을 기쁘게 해드립니다!

provided by Google Translator.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I think Bill promised they would right after MTV changed theirs

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.