Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to Morrowind on June 6th - New Zone, New Class & More - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageReturn to Morrowind on June 6th - New Zone, New Class & More - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - Zenimax and Bethesda Interactive announced that the Elder Scrolls Online will be adding Morrowind to the game, the largest zone since the launch of the game. Morrowind will be released on June 6th. All of the major points of interest from Elder Scrolls III are included such as Vvardenfell, though the events will take place seven hundred years prior to the events of ESIII. Players will journey to the Seyda Neen to the Ashlands to Vivec City and many other iconic locations.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I don't think I have to tell you how stoked I am for this, but I am incredibly stoked. Psyched. Other generic term that pales in comparison to how much I want that Warden.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    EPIC!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Wow this is quite a reveal. May have to go back to the game.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Oh god, I was about to delete my characters after housing and retire from ESO. Looks like those plans have been pushed back.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Nice animation. The game, im not so sure

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Was playing this a bit last night and was really enjoying it. Beings I started playing ES with MW I may just get this if I keep liking the gameplay.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    While I want this badly, I really don't like those prices.
  • inkStechinkStech Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited January 2017
    I actually just reinstalled ESO last night. Havnt played since launch and let me say wow, this game a changed and for the better... now this?! ESO is looking extremely bright, i just re-subbed.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    I have a feeling that this is the first MMO expansion in many years that will actually deserve to be called "expansion".
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Fantastic news.
    Morrowind is my favorite RPG ever, so I can hardly wait for this DLC.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    While a return to Morrowind - technically those parts not already in the game - is indeed exciting news, the fact that they decided to re-brand this DLC as an "expansion" despite having little more in it than previous offerings called DLC (e.g. Orsinium) is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting over-marketed in ESO.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    While a return to Morrowind - technically those parts not already in the game - is indeed exciting news, the fact that they decided to re-brand this DLC as an "expansion" despite having little more in it than previous offerings called DLC (e.g. Orsinium) is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

And this kind of behavior on their part continues to surprise you by now why?
    It's not surprise, just more depressed because I actually enjoy the game play... they may succeed in driving me away despite that though.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Iselin said:

Wait for sales, that's what I've been doing.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Iselin said:

Morrowind is twice the size of Orsinium. Not even comparable.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I felt the need to go and dig out my original Morrowind CD's after watching the trailer as the nostalgia was pretty strong especially when the theme music started to play at the end of the trailer.

As my favourite rpg of all time it's a must buy for me anyway, hopefully they will do it justice, can't wait :)
    SlyLoK said:

Iselin said:

Orsinium was marketed as 20 hours... definitely comparable.

"Orsinium, ESO's largest DLC game pack to date, features a colossal new zone with over 20 hours of story content, a new single-player monster arena, new public dungeons, and much more!"

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 354
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577

Iselin said:

SlyLoK said:

Iselin said:

"Orsinium, ESO's largest DLC game pack to date, features a colossal new zone with over 20 hours of story content, a new single-player monster arena, new public dungeons, and much more!"

And yet Wrothgar would have been considered an expansion by most MMOs. That Zone is absolutely massive, can't imagine how huge is Vvardenfell going to be.
    New class should be available for everyone.
    But no, it won't be.

The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

josko9 said:

Iselin said:

SlyLoK said:

Iselin said:

And yet Wrothgar would have been considered an expansion by most MMOs. That Zone is absolutely massive, can't imagine how huge is Vvardenfell going to be.
    They set the standard and used the nomenclature. The difference? In 2015 when Orsinium released they were heavily marketing their model of base game + DLC and the sub's main benefit was having access to all DLC.

But that's old news. Now it's gambling boxes and DLC re-branded as expansions.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Meh, sounds ok, but not all orgasmic like some are making it out to be. No AH means I ll still stay away. With guilds being useless, why not just do an AH.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    You know you've played too much Elder Scrolls Legends when you read about the new warden class and you immediately think about...

O.o

kuva.png 213.1K
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

Soki123 said:
    Meh, sounds ok, but not all orgasmic like some are making it out to be. No AH means I ll still stay away. With guilds being useless, why not just do an AH.
    Matt Firor's "Road Ahead" will be published tomorrow. That should be about all other things in the works not including Morrowind. Not saying AHs and/or improvements to buying/selling will be there but that's where it would be.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED