Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stormblood Pre-Orders Begin - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageStormblood Pre-Orders Begin - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - Looking forward to new Final Fantasy XIV content coming with Stormblood this summer? If so, you'll definitely want to check out the pre-orders for the next expansion that have just gone live.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KelarleeKelarlee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Interesting what they means under "Battle system update" ?
  • Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    That looks like a Samurai to me so maybe the rumor's are true about Samurai being added as well.
  • Stalking1Stalking1 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I am waiting for this update sooo much!
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    That looks like a Samurai to me so maybe the rumor's are true about Samurai being added as well.

It is a Samurai, that much has been confirmed, but still no confirmation (or hard evidence) that Samurai will be a playable class and / or what role it will be.

Seriously looking forward to Stormblood, and that collector’s edition looks awfully tempting... unfortunately I'm heading off for 6 weeks just a few days before it comes out :(

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited January 2017

erhmmm nop is the "bad boy" of the expansion wont spoil it image image read down Zenos Gae Galvus.....
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm really curious about the combat update too. But I heard somewhere it would just be cutting down unnecessary skills and stuff. Not speeding it up or anything.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    faster combat in that game would make me resub instantly, I love the world and honestly speaking most of the game in general. It's just the bland combat that can't get me to play it for a longer period of time. Especially now after having played Black Desert. Not saying Black Desert is a perfect game but at least it had the combat down.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited January 2017

Kelarlee said:

Interesting what they means under "Battle system update" ?

We still don't know much about it. Of what was revealed, they intend to merge some abilities, make some other abilities more useful and revamp the cross-class system. In essence, 35-50 button rotations that have front, back, side, etc. positional requirements with random procs needing specific time and positioning (depending on the job), etc. was proving to be too hard for most of the playerbase. Especially without addons to tell them what to do.

If they change most of that, then the possibility of faster combat could be a reality in the future, but I doubt it will be the focus this time around. They really have to narrow down the massive rotational requirements, positional requirements, boss strategies, class synergies, etc. before doing that. Two seconds is entirely too short with how much you have to calculate, plan ahead, look for and overall just compete.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    edited January 2017

acidblood said:

It is a Samurai, that much has been confirmed, but still no
    confirmation (or hard evidence) that Samurai will be a playable class and / or
    what role it will be.

Seriously looking forward to Stormblood, and that collector’s edition looks awfully
    tempting... unfortunately I'm heading off for 6 weeks just a few days before it
    comes out :(

The only "hard evidence" is when they announce it themselves. But the "hardest" evidence we have right now are datamined files of "JobRDM" and "JobSAM" in the cutscenes section, with both of them starting at level 50.

This "leak" was likely done to quell any disappointment of one side from the heated debates. Those who truly care what the new class is, will likely seek out such leaks.

That said, the only class that really has a direct relation to spider man in the west is a Puppetmaster, with the strings. Blue Mage makes no sense, as Spider Man's powers isn't the killing and absorption of enemies (and many people absorbed foreign elements to become a hero, so it's really broad to say a method of injecting a poison that transforms you is confirmation of a Blue mage). That realm lies with Task Master or Mega Man.

In Japan, where the shirt was revealed, Spider Man Samurai comics and Action figures exist. Not to mention all the puns (and FFXIV loves puns) with Sam Raimi and the clues given to us about the Samurai in earlier Heavensward patches when we learned about the Third Eye -- a True blooded Garlean trait. With the Garlean Villain (who is royalty -- that's what the "yae" stands for in their culture) of Stormblood being confirmed as a Samurai.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I'm really curious about the combat update too. But I heard somewhere it would just be cutting down unnecessary skills and stuff. Not speeding it up or anything.
    They've been saying on the official forums through translation that they will be looking at class requirements for jobs as well.  The *hypothesis* is that base abilities will be a general role section and then people can focus on said job starting at 30.  Basically they want to get away from the whole class thing and to do that will be overhauling abilities and reducing them.  Of course there's zero details about all of this.  Hey you guys are one of the best journalist for MMORPGs out there.  Get us the scoop!  :pleased:
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited January 2017
    They might reflect on FFXV. I'll resub instantly if that ever happens. Doesn't have to be action-combat or anything, just the strokes caused by gcd drove me nuts. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Most excited about the combat update

The skill rotations in FFXIV are beyond stupid
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Sadly not the CE box for me because I also need to get myself a PS4 Pro to keep on playing.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    I am more curious how they finally going to handle the leveling experience now the community is getting farther and farther away from new players joining in, having to go through a ton of forced group content with horrible queue times to progress the main story line.

This is going to get even worse with the launch of this expansion. /shrug

I don't mind going through all the story content, as I love it, but they need to remove either the obligated dungeons up to the new expac to progress the story or add a super buff solo mode to these dungeons so people have to option to solo through it, when queue times are horrendous.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    just wondering about Sam job why isnt announced already to sell more preorders?

and the pc min req , but looking at the footage doesnt look like nothing has been improved (SE said something about lighting improvements , but that doesnt mean changing the min for core 2 duo to I5 or gpu ....
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

JeroKane said:

I am more curious how they finally going to handle the leveling experience now the community is getting farther and farther away from new players joining in, having to go through a ton of forced group content with horrible queue times to progress the main story line.

I don't mind going through all the story content, as I love it, but they need to remove either the obligated dungeons up to the new expac to progress the story or add a super buff solo mode to these dungeons so people have to option to solo through it, when queue times are horrendous.

actually they have a great system for this. Players get rewards for roulette dungeon queue
    So higher lvl players are synced to the low lvl dungeons and help new players through em
    I had no problem getting groups for dungeon when going through the content.

JeroKane said:

actually they have a great system for this. Players get rewards for roulette dungeon queue

So higher lvl players are synced to the low lvl dungeons and help new players through em

They mostly queue up for trials, since its quick and easy.
    Not for the real dungeons. :-/
    Queue times are typically instant for tanks and healers, and maybe 5-9 minutes for DPS, on most days. With cross server grouping, this is even less of a problem now. They do need to make dungeon roulette more lucrative as a whole. The Roulette, Mentor, Wondrous Tails, etc. systems that encourage playing past content are nice and all, but the PotD really lowered participation in leveling dungeons and FATEs.

Then again, that also made it so there are less DPS queueing for dungeons, which means those quick DPS queues. Haven't had a problem with people starting fights when in cutscenes. Though it was an issue back in 2.0 with the last non-patch storyline bosses. May be the case for the very old raid content as well.

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited January 2017

Actually you're wrong plenty of people in my FC even me included do leveling roulette, I only started playing the game just over 3 months ago i'm on my fourth month of subscription and it took me about 3 weeks to get to level 60 and about 200 ilevel gear wise, I also leveled a summoner and blackmage to 60 just through doing dungeons and daily duties queueing via the duty finder because i don't like palace of the dead and that took me about 2 weeks each class. 

AnnaTS said:

Actually you're wrong plenty of people in my FC even me included do leveling roulette, I only started playing the game just over 3 months ago i'm on my fourth month of subscription and it took me about 3 weeks to get to level 60 and about 200 ilevel gear wise, I also leveled a summoner and blackmage to 60 just through doing dungeons and daily duties queueing via the duty finder because i don't like palace of the dead and that took me about 2 weeks each class. 

Well queue times differ per server / datacenter then. I have no problem with queuing for the Trials, but the lower Level leveling Dungeons are a pain. Especially in evenings on weekdays.