Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Immersive World and Environments Spotlighted in Devblog - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Immersive World and Environments Spotlighted in Devblog - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - The Ashes of Creation team took to their website today with a brand new developer blog focused on the world itself and the environments of the game will bring a more immersive experience for its players.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I hope this game turns out good.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Isn't even close to release and already has more video footage than DnL. Shame.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    As someone who's a bit obsessed with weather and immersion, it was like this was written from inside my head.  Awesome blog piece, guys.

I hope they manage to stick with that type of vision for their game.  It's still a long way off, after all.
  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    all i see is green = (
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The artist is doing some nice work with layering,masking/shaders and physics to create those water droplet effects,it is nice to see some effort put into the world.
    We see the winter layers during the winter,summer layers during the summer,transition is the tough part to pull off.The ice/water effects i love,that takes some work with several layers.

Yeah if this kind of effort goes into all the systems,we might have a game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    all i see is green = (
    It's called spring. If you go outside during this time, things are green. 
    edited January 2017
    Wizardry said:
    The artist is doing some nice work with layering,masking/shaders and physics to create those water droplet effects,it is nice to see some effort put into the world.
    We see the winter layers during the winter,summer layers during the summer,transition is the tough part to pull off.The ice/water effects i love,that takes some work with several layers.

I just had to let you know that this is the first time I have ever seen you speak highly of a game.  =)
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Recore said:
    Wizardry said:

I just had to let you know that this is the first time I have ever seen you speak highly of a game.  =)
    You must have missed his 1,500 posts about FFXI. :tongue:
    Lokero said:
    Recore said:
    Wizardry said:

You must have missed his 1,500 posts about FFXI. :tongue:

I know he said FFXI was the best he played but the new games coming he always finds things wrong with them. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looking over the FAQ,i noticed i saw this game before.

Not sold on the node idea,i understand what they are aiming for but i fear it might likely make the game worse than better but we will have to see.

Pvp...sounds sketchy,no greifing but that might just mean no spawn camping or level approximation ,we have to hear more.I personally don't like pvp in my mmorpg.
    One area i am msot concerned with is they missed the boat on classes and i can see why,this is a team from Everquest is seems like.
    Altaholics is NOT the immersive way to build classes,FFXi's design is the one i prefer because realistically,you should be able to learn everything on one player but never master completely everything.That is why FFXI used the subclass,cut in half sub because it would be unrealistic to think your a master of every skill all at once.So you had to choose your build for that day be it a Warrior/White Mage or what ever.
    Players SHOULD have ONLY one character,they should not be making 6/7 altaholics so they can craft everything or cover all bases.This is where EQ..EQ2 ..Wow all of them miss the boat.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Good to hear they are making it affect the gameplay (e.g. NPC / mob spawns, crop growth, etc.) and not just the textures.

I'm still skeptical that AoC won't be yet another 'sandbox' with a list of features that don't really come together, but heres hoping.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    It sounds like they are making a EQnext/Archage type game together. Sounds interesting, I wonder if they are going to be doing a kickstarter in the future.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

Recore said:

Wizardry said:

that was my first thought also lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Love the seasons changing, love the architecture on the houses.

Wish it was my kind of game, but game mechanics that specifically encourage player conflicts and adds a layer of having to worry about getting your creations destroyed, not my thing.

But beautiful world nonetheless. Wish more MMORPGs that allows a PvE setting would put as much thought and creativity into their games, like their PvP focussed counterparts do.

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    It'll be immersive until you see some barely clad female character running around in a ridiculous outfit, bunny hopping all around. Or you glance at the games chat. Looks like a lot of hard work to make the game more immersive to only see it shattered in seconds by game players.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Kumapon said:

... Sounds interesting, I wonder if they are going to be doing a kickstarter in the future.

Of course they are !

All these hype-generating blogs and pretty videos are prepping the fans for the KS launch, which can't be far away, judging by the increasing frequency of AoC news popping-up here.

It will be interesting to see how many of these "awesome" features actually survive the development process during the next 2 to 3 years...
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    In a perfect world/game I'd love a more detailed weather/season system rather than just switching templates. Yet, considering more than half of the 36 mmo's I've played had no seasons and barely any weather effects I'll take it.

While I disliked BDO in the long run and couldn't stand many features after 3 months, it's weather system was the best I had seen in an mmo rivaling TW3 if not better.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Waiting to see some actual combat before i get too excited about this one.
    I see so many games being developed with pretty landscapes and then i get a look at character movement and fighting mechanics and its dogshit.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited January 2017
    Left out the blooming of spring but still looked nice. The rain fall could use some work.

Looks like they went about it the obvious and easiest way. For fall change the hue then add some simple leaf falling particles and winter remove leaves add snow and ice. Also they need to get smart and have a PvE ruleset or all this will be for naught.
  • BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    It looks pretty, however no matter how good(or bad) I find the scenery around me in a game; what ultimately determines if I stay or go is game play. Period. Stop. Come back to me with something worth seeing.