Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zelda,is this suppose to be good?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
edited January 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Here is the link,wowsers,it's like a window of bad just bad.

http://za.ign.com/the-legend-of-zelda-hd-158649/103927/video/15-minutes-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-on-nintendo-switch

First of all Nintendo definitely trying to butter up Switch sales in their comparisons.They claim this here video version on the switch will 900p,while the Wii version will be 720p.
If that is 900p i am Donald trump.It's is 1980's shadows,horrible textures,everything is just fogged out.

Ok so the game play,looks like it was made for a 5-8 year old,incredibly linear,super easy gaming...."hold up Sheikah slate here" are you serious,man that looks complicated lol.

Then if you watch the other video of the guy playing on the console ,the lighting is real bad,too bright,the colors are dithered out from the brightness.http://http//ca.ign.com/articles/2017/01/17/nintendo-explains-differences-between-switch-wii-u-versions-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild?watch
Anyhow,no way is that 900p graphics, if they are then everyone would have returned their tv's years ago because that would be horrible to watch.You can definitely tell the engine/machine cannot handle much because there is hardly any action on the screen at one time.Pretty much you and a lot of space to run around but hardly any mobs around.

HQ sounds?.....lol i would expect those same sounds on the Wii,i doubt you'll notice any difference.The "speed up" ability looks fake,he swims way faster with no immersive reason why and in run mode his animation is pretty fast,almost to o fast.

They also seem like it's the first time they ever used a physics engine,so they overdo the knockback on hits.

Overall,imo not a game i want,looks very ho hum average,does not look like a Triple A game...just a game with some character named Link.IF you keep watching the IGN advert guy comes up and tries to point out every single asset on the screens,he is really stretching to point out VERY little....Ok and over here we have a rock,over here some horses "2"lmao etc etc.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited January 2017
    Get your coffee grumpy, why bash a game you wont even like/play, zelda been that way like forever? Thats what "I" like about it. 

Try zelda masks majora's mask! :p

• tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59
    To each their own.

I honestly think it looks great.  They seem to have added a touch more RPG to the series.  The only thing I'm a bit peeved about is that Zelda is not the hero.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Man, I cant wait to play it.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Poster just hates everything.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    BizkitNL said:
    same here.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    BizkitNL said:
    same here.

same here.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Still looks like it could be fun in videos, but yes, those graphics are horrid for such a big name title. They need to hire that dude who is remaking Ocarina of Time in Unreal. His work as a hobby makes this look bad.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    That's not exactly true, he lovvvvvvvessss Ffxi. Mention that game and he goes all warm and fuzzy inside lol. 

But yeah other that that I agree. 

• GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Does it play ok tho?? thats what game's are about today, may look crap but if it plays well and you are enjoying it, thats all that matters in this day and age. Great example :- over christmas i setup my commodore 64 to show my nephews (14, 16yrs) of the games me and there dad played on, even tho they complained about the loading time they enjoyed the games (Ghetto blaster, ghost n goblins, rambo, last ninja 2, etc etc) we was there for hours trying to get off the mercenary planet, but i hope im putting the point across.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Criticizing grafics on a Nintendo console?

You must be new to console comparisons.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Dragnelus said:
    Get your coffee grumpy, why bash a game you wont even like/play, zelda been that way like forever? Thats what "I" like about it. 

Try zelda masks majora's mask! :p
    It's like, you know, his job. He gets paid for do that.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    It looks a little bit foggy, but wow I would love to play this. So jealous of you guys that are getting a switch. 

One of the things I liked in that ign video was the world design in the area they showed. It seemed to me that areas of interest were well defined: like how you could see that volcano in the distance and think I'm definitely going there!
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    The art style for the new Zelda game is definitely questionable. I don't think it looks very good either, sort of looks like they've gone for cell-shading like Borderlands but got it subtly wrong. 

That said, Nintendo are aiming for a massive, open world with tons of content for this new Zelda. The Wii U and the Switch simply can't handle having excellent graphics as well. I wish they didn't have to sacrifice anything, but I'd rather they sacrificed the graphics and not the gameplay. 

As to the gameplay in that video, and Zelda gameplay in general. Yeh, that video doesn't give you a good impression. Zelda has never really been known for it's deep gameplay and doesn't have much in the way of the meta-game. It is an action-adventure series of games, bordering on RPG. 

The appeal of the series is exploring the world, following the stories and killing interesting creatures. It is "cutesy" and it is aimed at quite a young crowd. For myself, I'm 31 but will still be buying the game for Wii U - in fact, I bought a Wii U specifically for Zelda. Part of it is nostalgia. I loved Ocarina of Time on the N64, I was 13ish when that came out so was perfect age for it. Part of it is the fact that it is childish fun. Most of my gaming is quite serious and involves a lot of concentration whilst sat at my desk. However, sometimes I just want to kick back on the sofa and play something easy and relaxing. Zelda will fill that need for me, much as splatoon, mario kart and yoshi's woollen world currently do. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Its cheezy looking crap.   Skyward Sword had much better graphics
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    @Wizardry I agree with you - there is apparently something big that I am missing because I have no idea why anyone would be hyped for this. However, I definitely support another console for competition and fellow gamers to enjoy that! 
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Preordered, and can't wait to get it! Psyched!
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    I'll give you that the lighting looked a bit off, a little washed out like the gamma was set too high. Could partly be from whatever capture software they used.

However, where you lost me was at the linear could be made by a 5-8 year old crap. Don't be intentionally daft, it doesn't make you look witty. You're crapping over game play within the first 15 min that serves as a tutorial. Yeah, tutorials can be a little heavy on hand holding, because it's a tutorial. Nearly any game with some type of a tutorial is designed more or less the same way. Additionally, the Zelda series has forever been a pretty all ages type of series of games. I was in the 8-10 range when the original came out and was able to beat it. Not all games are designed to be highly cerebral experiences, nor are they always designed to be intentionally punishing. Games are first and foremost designed to be entertaining, and the Zelda series has been a long standing staple for 30 years.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited January 2017
    Nintendo gamers do not care about Frame Rate and Resolution. It is all about the experiences and no other game provides an experience like a Zelda game. 

You are looking at a 90-95 Meta and possible GOTY. 

Everything is not for everybody.  ;)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Zelda was both my son's and my daughter's first RPG and I helped and played it with them. If you're old and never had that experience and are oblivious to the likes of a whole generation that grew up with Zelda, I could maybe see the OP's point... but only a tiny bit.

Zelda is almost as iconic as Mario. 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Zelda is Zelda, it will sell and pull in an audience. 

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    edited January 2017
    I always figured zelda was about feeling clever for beating all the puzzles.   Along with a bunch of side quests for unlockables/leveling, side characters more memorable than they should be, and a simple but satisfying story.

Nothing about graphics is really needed for that.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Iselin said:
    Zelda was both my son's and my daughter's first RPG and I helped and played it with them. If you're old and never had that experience and are oblivious to the likes of a whole generation that grew up with Zelda, I could maybe see the OP's point... but only a tiny bit.

Zelda is almost as iconic as Mario. 
    The 6 year from next door always comes over to play games. I showed her Mario World and it's now her current favorite.

Sounds silly, I know, but I do feel we should teach the younger generations about the classics.
    Harbinger of Fools