Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are some announcements always at the top of the page in "Recent Discussions?"

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
It's not a huge deal but it is slightly annoying that some announcements from some forums get stuck persistently at the top of the Recent Discussions list whether they've had any recent activity or not. 

Most are announcements from The Pub or General Gaming but there's even one from Riders of Icarus about a closed beta key that last had any activity in July of 2016.
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Never seen that, get your self some "ccleaner"  and do some pc maintenance.
    Yeah? What are the top 7 topics you see when you click on "Recent Discussions?"

I see "what are you playing", "discord server," "holiday deals," "ad-free monthly sub," "are you unable to see the live feed," "post new forum bugs," and the "Riders of Icarus" one. This is on Chrome.

You're seeing something different as the top 7?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya, not having that problem as well.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Nanfoodle said:
    Ya, not having that problem as well.
    Same here.
    Wow, weird. I've always had some announcement stickies showing at the top there. I wonder what settings I have that are different from yours.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    It's there for me too maybe they didn't notice it.

It's probably some old sticky thread the mods forgot to unsticky.

For me it's always there on the first page under recent discussions but it doesn't show up on the "recent posts" feed on the front mmorpg.com page nor under "Categories."

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2017
    Those 8 announcements show up at the top of the list on my Android cell phone.

Come to think of it I dont see them in the recent activity on my laptop (main page) but they will appear if I press the button to expand the list.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They are inserted to be more so ads than any type of news with embedded links to create more revenue,so they are likely driven into the list automatically as being new.BTW yes i see it all the time,some people walk around in life totally null to everything though so no worries.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I had that problem, too, @Iselin.  I had to manually Dismiss those I didn't want (the round Options button next to each entry) to get them gone. 

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    I had that problem, too, @Iselin.  I had to manually Dismiss those I didn't want (the round Options button next to each entry) to get them gone. 

That was too easy :) I never clicked on that button because I thought it was just an "edit" button.

Thanks!

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iselin said:
    Mendel said:

That was too easy :) I never clicked on that button because I thought it was just an "edit" button.

Thanks!
    LOL, same with me.  Cell phone list is all cleaned up now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I guess I just wanted it gone more.  I probably broke the whole site, but it broke in a non-annoying way.  Something will probably reset those for me tomorrow just to keep me on my medications.  Pharmaceutical company conspiracies.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.