Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Season Pass, Pre-Load Date Revealed, Framerate Hints - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Season Pass, Pre-Load Date Revealed, Framerate Hints - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda News - It seems that the Mass Effect: Andromeda team was busy over the weekend with a trio of interesting tidbits that include first information about framerates, when pre-loading of the game will take place and information about whether or not a season pass will be available.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Maybe that means no DLC and all content in the game is included for the box price!!!

Right?

/shakes Magic 8 Ball

"Don't Count On It"

.... damn

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Maybe that means no DLC and all content in the game is included for the box price!!!

Right?

/shakes Magic 8 Ball

"Don't Count On It"

.... damn

Dream on, lol !

It most probably means they're confident enough in the strength of the brand not to offer packaged DLC discounts in advance. They're going to sell them all at full price...

And there will probably be a Cash Shop ingame that sells boosts, "rare items" and cosmetics. The last Dues Ex did that, and ME is a stronger brand than DE.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2017
    cura said:

To hell with season passes, framerates and resolutions. I hope its possible to play this part like previous ones, using cover, party members skills - tactically in general. What i saw in available videos was just jetpacking, dashing and only three active abilities. Doenst make mee feel confident about this part.
    I'd rather see LESS game play and see the part that makes or breaks Mass Effect for me: Story and RPG elements. You don't have to have a story spoiled by creating a mood as the previous trilogy trailers can attest.

Nothing I've seen so far entices me to care about the story or Ryder, therefore making it not much Mass Effect. It all makes me sad. Maybe things will change over the next two months.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

To hell with season passes, framerates and resolutions. I hope its possible to play this part like previous ones, using cover, party members skills - tactically in general. What i saw in available videos was just jetpacking, dashing and only three active abilities. Doenst make mee feel confident about this part.
    I'd rather see LESS game play and see the part that makes or breaks Mass Effect for me: Story and RPG elements. You don't have to have a story spoiled by creating a mood as the previous trilogy trailers can attest.

Nothing I've seen so far entices me to care about the story or Ryder, therefore making it not much Mass Effect. It all makes me sad. Maybe things will change over the next two months.

Well, they can't exactly spoil the story or characters in a game series that is all about story and characters.
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

Well, they can't exactly spoil the story or characters in a game series that is all about story and characters.
    Sure they can. I don't want to know the details about a book before I read it, but I sure as hell want to know what the book is about and feel like it's worth reading. So far, MEA hasn't come through on the part that makes me want to play it. 

When it comes to any Mass Effect game, it is STORY over COMBAT 100% of the time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

I expect we'll be seeing a great deal more in the next 2 months.

ME is one of THE biggest franchises in gaming history, they'll in all likelihood be hyping it for all it's worth as we approach release ! :lol:
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 417
    Aori said:
    I still need to play the ME games... my adverse to anything EA has prevented me in doing so =/
    I don't see why people do this to themselves. A good game is a good game no matter which publisher it comes from. It's a product of Bioware, which is a great company
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I just love this franchise so for me I will preorder and like it damnit!!!!
    Chamber of Chains
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239

SBFord said:

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

cura said:

Sure they can. I don't want to know the details about a book before I read it, but I sure as hell want to know what the book is about and feel like it's worth reading. So far, MEA hasn't come through on the part that makes me want to play it. 

When it comes to any Mass Effect game, it is STORY over COMBAT 100% of the time.

Wrong on so many levels... Why you call it a game then??? Let's not pretend then you are asking for a movie.

If it's a game it HAS to have strong gameplay (combat, rpg, you name it) strong story is a bonus not a top feature jeez.

It's not enough it's dumbed down for a controller soon even those will become useless, just sit back and watch.

/sadface
    edited January 2017
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

Wrong on so many levels... Why you call it a game then??? Let's not pretend then you are asking for a movie.

If it's a game it HAS to have strong gameplay (combat, rpg, you name it) strong story is a bonus not a top feature jeez.

It's not enough it's dumbed down for a controller soon even those will become useless, just sit back and watch.

/sadface

Hardly "wrong" on any front. It's a difference of opinion. Game play is important but it's not first on MY list, though it may be on YOURS.

A movie is hardly what I want from any game, most especially Mass Effect. I don't know about you, but I've never been allowed to pick the actors I'd like to see in my movies the way I can my companions in Mass Effect games. I don't get to pick where they go, what they do, etc. even though it's in a story. ;)

Belittling my opinion because it's different than yours if the epitome of a straw man argument.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• freetirefreetire Member UncommonPosts: 2
    that MEA will run at 1080p on PlayStation 4 and 900p on XBox One. With PlayStation 4 Pro support, it will run around 1800p.
    MEA = MEAN * ? and at the end 1800p ? you mean 1080p right
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited January 2017
    SBFord said:
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

/sadface

Hardly "wrong" on any front. It's a difference of opinion. Game play is important but it's not first on MY list, though it may be on YOURS.

A movie is hardly what I want from any game, most especially Mass Effect. I don't know about you, but I've never been allowed to pick the actors I'd like to see in my movies the way I can my companions in Mass Effect games. I don't get to pick where they go, what they do, etc. even though it's in a story. ;)

Belittling my opinion because it's different than yours if the epitome of a straw man argument.
    I emphatically agree with you @SBFord as my sincere wish has been to play Metal Gear Solid but the gameplay was too hard for me so I lost out of the good story there . Similarly the crippling effects (headache) for Deus Ex first person has destroyed any hope for me to follow that franchise.

Please let me play Mass Effect for the story and gameplay at normal and enjoy the game and if they need to up it let there be modes of difficulty but making the game twitchy will ruin it for me ,please don't do that.

I think there are enough games with the type of combat you desire without ruining it for the fans of this franchise.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

SBFord said:

cura said:

Nothing I've seen so far entices me to care about the story or Ryder, therefore making it not much Mass Effect. It all makes me sad.

Well, look at it this way, you didn't know anything about Shephard when you first started the series but the game grew on you. I imagine that Bioware will do what it takes to engender the character to the players. Just give it time.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    This is one of the few games I will buy before its released.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838

SBFord said:

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

cura said:

/sadface
    Normally, you'd have a point, but this is Mass Effect. Mass Effect is known for its story - gaming's answer to film's Star Wars and Star Trek. If it was known for its gameplay, Mass Effect would be seen as a clunky knockoff of Gears of War with RPG elements. And that's if we're being generous.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    No 150$ collector edition that doesn't include the game this time like Battlefield 1 tried to pull? For shame...
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I am curious about the game. Haven't played the first 3. I was spoiled on the ending and realized that I didn't want to read the story. Other games have been same way for me but also played others even after knowing the ending. I want to play this but think I will wait. It makes it even easier since EA has went to digital only for PC.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2017

freetire said:

that MEA will run at 1080p on PlayStation 4 and 900p on XBox One. With PlayStation 4 Pro support, it will run around 1800p.

MEA = MEAN * ? and at the end 1800p ? you mean 1080p right

MEA = Mass Effect Andromeda.

1800p will be 1800p. The PS4 Pro is more powerful than the PS4 and can support 4k. (Obviously monitor specs, framerates, tearing etc. all start to kick in)
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited January 2017
    When it comes to gameplay vs story I always felt like the gameplay of Mass Effect is what makes it so highly replayable and the story is just a bonus. I mean, I love the story and the universe; but as much as I love those things I won't replay a game if the gameplay doesn't hold up. It is one of the reasons I never replayed any other Bioware RPGs. All the dragon age games have pretty bland gameplay imo and what keeps them interesting is the world / story / progression systems. I don't think the gameplay is bad in those games by any means, but typical RPG gameplay is fairly bland I think and one reason I love the Mass Effect series is because it is not that. 

My main concern with ME:A is the potential "open world" crap. I really really really don't want another Inquisition. I don't care about Mass Effect being open world. I prefer the way they have been doing it where it is pretty linear but there are specific side missions related to certain planets off the beaten path, ect. It was never completely open world. It was pretty open and  shut. You play the game for roughly 15-25 hours to beat it. If you want to 100% the game you play for 30-40 hours. Nice and compact experiences. This is what made them so great in my eyes and if they deviate from this formula I will be extremely disappointed. 
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    SBFord said:
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

/sadface

Straw man argument??? This has nothing to do with with what I want vs. what you want.

In your own words you asked there to be LESS of gameplay to which I opposed but you twisted my words into some difference of opinions and brought forth the famous straw man argument.

Where in my post have you seen me calling for less of anything I only asked there for the narrative to not come at the expense of gameplay?

But I'll admit my vocabulary isn't as rich since English is not my first language, maybe what I tried to convey got clouded.
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    absolutely guaranteed there will be some kind of purchasable currency for multiplayer. GUARANTEED

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

SBFord said:
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    cura said:

/sadface

Straw man argument??? This has nothing to do with with what I want vs. what you want.

In your own words you asked there to be LESS of gameplay to which I opposed but you twisted my words into some difference of opinions and brought forth the famous straw man argument.

Where in my post have you seen me calling for less of anything I only asked there for the narrative to not come at the expense of gameplay?

But I'll admit my vocabulary isn't as rich since English is not my first language, maybe what I tried to convey got clouded.
    Less gameplay in the VIDEO, not in the GAME.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jazneojazneo Member UncommonPosts: 52

Right?

/shakes Magic 8 Ball

"Don't Count On It"

.... damn

microtransaction
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

SBFord said:

Aeander said:

SBFord said:

cura said:

Just as a point, the original Mass Effect kept the story fairly locked down until quite near release, and didn't start talking about comps or story in trails until quite near to release. They did the same thing with the original Dragon Age, and Dragon Age Inquisition ( outside of story elements that carried over from previous games ).

We live in an age of endless reveals, where we know what's going to happen in every game or movie we play or watch, before we play or watch them. That's rubbish, frankly. So I'll happily settle for one less sale for Bioware from you if it preserves the mystique surrounding the next Mass Effect story.