Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#7 on top voted games in development list...

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
edited December 2016 in The Repopulation
So how is The Repopulation even on mmorpg.coms top voted games in development list, even if its number 7 when there has been nothing shown for it for almost a year? 
And no I dont consider their survival game Fragmented to be news for it, esp when everytime I try to log on there are only 3-4 players spread out on 1-3 servers, which makes it even more confusing as to where it is getting the votes to not only be on said list but is now even above Gloria Victus- which pumps out steady patches and updates on a regular basis.
Post edited by Asheram on

Comments

• DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150

It got a lot of 10s a long time ago and they still count? I get your outrage though.

Is this game still happening?

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Why shouldn't it be on that list ?

It's in development, and that's what the list is about.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Game is basically a flop; buddy of mine did the voice overs for the game and I got a free copy, but unfortunately the game isn't very good.

MurderHerd

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited December 2016
    Asheram said:
    So how is The Repopulation even on mmorpg.coms top voted games in development list, even if its number 7 when there has been nothing shown for it for almost a year? 
    And no I dont consider their survival game Fragmented to be news for it, esp when everytime I try to log on there are only 3-4 players spread out on 1-3 servers, which makes it even more confusing as to where it is getting the votes to not only be on said list but is now even above Gloria Victus- which pumps out steady patches and updates on a regular basis.
    Maybe because it's still in development and some people still care about it?

I pledged to them a long time ago, even though looking back, it probably wan't the best use of my money.  ;)

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking of it...who have I pledged or thrown money at for EA?

Shards Online
    The Repopulation
    Shroud of the Avatar
    7 Days to Die
    Albion Online
    Star Citizen

Are any of them finished? NO

Hmmm...

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2016
    Right now its in development hell. It hasnt been that far up that list for awhile now, so how is it that it now pushes games like Gloria Victus down that list. There is supposedly some news incoming which they are being pretty vague about, if it went up that list after said news was delivered then yes I would understand but there isnt even a date for when the news is being released.

Hell there has been more news from Star Citizen and that isnt that far up there on the list either.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2016
    Why shouldn't it be on that list ?

It's in development, and that's what the list is about.
    Ok sorry, I should have said why is it so far up the list now and not why is it on it, my bad.

And sorry for the double post I couldnt figure out how to get the quote in my previous post.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    The top list games is just wrong; even if the game already doesn't have players it stays there as it cummulates all-time popularity on this website instead. That makes it so "trendy" games will not make it to the top anymore unless they beat the current ones as a whole.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Even though I'm a Repop backer, I'm very dubious about what's going to emerge from the port to the new engine. The devs are muttering about "streamlining systems" and the dreaded "simplifying of overly complex issues".

I liked the complexity of the original version. I'm concerned that the devs are going to use the engine conversion to totally gut the game.
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334

Is this game still happening?

Yea the game is being worked on a new engine.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.