Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Early Access Program Begins - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteam Early Access Program Begins - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

Guardians of Ember News - Today marks a big day for Guardians of Ember as its Steam Early Access program begins. Those who would like access to GoE's early access client can support the program through the purchase of a Mortal Edition for $19.99 or the Immortal Edition for $49.99.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    This looks pretty awesome.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    What's the difference with the Immortal versus Mortal edition again? Anyone?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    saw some gameplay videos and I have to disagree that this looks pretty awesome but I can only tell thanks to gameply videos, didn't play personally so I may be wrong (which is not often, gameplay videos are enough to judge sometimes)..It's not like diablo, PoE or Grim Dawn, it's rather like Devilian or upcoming MU legends and from these 3 games MU legends seems to be the best option (again my personal view ofc)
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

CrazKanuk said:

i noticed the more expensive one gets a mount!
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited December 2016

kertin said:

saw some gameplay videos and I have to disagree that this looks pretty awesome but I can only tell thanks to gameply videos

i respect your opinion- but remember its still development game- so iam sure you saw early game play - and with my past experiences you really cant judge that in that manner & stages...
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Game itself isn't bad but they are still having the issues they had in the last test phase.  The 24 hr head start for the backers before early access was a wash, servers didn't come up for another 2 hours past the launch window and the lag pretty much did in playing during that period. Better today, they migrated to new servers.  Still some lag here or there.  Not a bad game but be aware they are releasing only a portion of the game now.  The first two chapters and up to level 30.  If you enjoy ARPG then this is a decent game worth picking you for some play here or there.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2016
    final release when? because once they start selling u cant never know...and they are in beta stage for months :/

is -15% on steam ....so pretty cheap hmmmm its tempting
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    And now that they have your money they don't have to finish the game.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    From the guys who brought you Runes of Magic and Dragons Prophet two of the most blatant P2W games ever released...
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2016
    bah im weak lol bought it ,16€ for sure more fun times ahead than buyin AA patron :/ :p
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I've been loving this game so far. It's the only other game to give a similar feeling to Mythos, which I still miss to this day. It's pretty much exactly what I hoped it was going to be. As for the launch so far, I think it's been surprisingly smooth, especially compared to the wretched mess that has been the ArcheAge Revelation launch. There are definitely bugs, but nothing game breaking so far. The main one I have encountered is a that some of the side quests aren't tracking progress, but they aren't completely necessary to progress, so it's been fine. Overall I would definitely recommend it to anyone who liked Mythos, or wants an MMO with diablo-style combat.
    CrazKanuk said:
    One has an IM at the start of it?

I just don't know if I'm willing to pay an extra $30 for 2 letters. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    CrazKanuk said:

CrazKanuk said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    One has an IM at the start of it?

I just don't know if I'm willing to pay an extra $30 for 2 letters. 
    What!? You peasant! Those are lovely letters and you'll look a fool running around without them. All the other kids will laugh at you! :p

From what I could tell, from their absolutely scanty site info and Steam page, Immortal gives twenty loot orbs, what ever the fuck those might be.
    You had me at "They're all going to laugh at you..." 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Thanks!! It might hurt my cred, but I totally scrolled right past that and never even saw it! I blame scroll mice. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yeah, I would stay away from the expensive version.  A lot of these games never make it out of pre-release.

It is fun for now, but I don't get why people think it is a MMO, it is an ARPG and nothing more.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Hmm, if I see what games are being supported no wonder gaming industry is where it is these days :), worse and worse but I guess it's fine as long as "we" support all those unfinished MMO's, early access games etc. - like why would gaming companies even tryhard to make great games, if they could make totally average game and still get very nice money on it, no need to finish it either
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited December 2016
    R-R-R-e-a-d-y for the trashcan? 3 -2-1- set , go!

. . .
    . .
    lUl As far as i read the game will have cashshop AND is b2p for a shut down game its pretty nasty.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Do yourself a favor and go read the negative Steam comments before buying because they are all true.
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I'm loving this game at the moment. Plenty to see and do, for an EA game I'm well impressed.

If you'd like to read my positive Steam comment - that's true as well. :D
  • ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    I was looking forward to this but after reading the Steam comments I think I'll wait until the new year and see if things improve a bit. Working my way through Divinity Original Sin so no rush.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2016
    Very interested in this game, mostly because of the art style and the gamepad support. I'll be waiting for launch. I don't pay for early access.

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    The combat is odius in the extreme.

They need to increase the hit boxes expotentially. I also think the classes are rather lacklustre and insipid.

Shame, I've been waiting with eagerness for this game, and largely disapointed initially.

It can only improve, and I sincerely hope they listen to feedback, as it needs a superfluity of tinkering at this juncture.
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The combat is odius in the extreme.

They need to increase the hit boxes expotentially. I also think the classes are rather lacklustre and insipid.

Shame, I've been waiting with eagerness for this game, and largely disapointed initially.

It can only improve, and I sincerely hope they listen to feedback, as it needs a superfluity of tinkering at this juncture.

Plus, why have jump if you can't jump over ANYTHING in the terrain? Replacing with a dodge roll would be more useful.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Jump for the adhs types.