Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer has no objection to allowing high donating players have GM accounts. Not P2W... LOL

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    40k is a lot of money . People expect something in return.

Let us know when you put down 40k and expect, to be just another player..
    And that's fine, but I hope this minority enjoys sitting around playing with themselves as I personally have zero interest in supporting such a game and I imagine I'm not alone in feeling this way.
    Took the words right out of my mouth, this level of absurdity is astounding. 
  • simon155simon155 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited December 2016
    I've seen this thread on the forum, and he has QUITE CLEARLY stated on there that it was a subject for discussion. He has also stated in a later post that he has no plans to allow players to log in under GM accounts. It's very easy to read half a discussion thread, without looking at clarifications or outcomes.

As such, your posting risks LEGAL PROCEEDINGS. If you're planning to help fund the game this is not the way to go about it...

Unlike many boring MMO clones out there, SBS are making something completely new. The world is intended to be completely "fair" to all players, but by no means to they promote equality. If you work your way up the ranks, you WILL be more powerful and influential than those around you. There are risks and there are rewards. The world is dynamic. You will age, have children and an inheritance. There are NPCs too, and up to 100k players. Guesses around the size of the world suggest anything in the range of 512 "2/3 skyrim sized counties", but we'll have to wait and see. There will be finite resources, and recycling. There will be contract systems and the ability to maintain law, but also the opportunity to break it and face the consequences when you're caught. There will be player built houses, settlements, exploration, adventure and more. It's no surprise then that they actively keep the community informed and if they discover shortcomings and issues, they work around them to develop another solution. It's currently looking very interesting.

edited December 2016
    I should also point out that CoE is not pay to win.

Firstly: Following launch, there will be NO STORE or legal financial means to get a leg up in the world.

Secondly: The only options for additional funding BEFORE launch are to change your "Starting Station", goods etc in society. They have confirmed COUNTLESS times that if you for example back as a king, there is NOTHING to prevent a duke from one day ousting you and taking over your kingdom. There are many routes to power in CoE, and your starting position by NO MEANS guarantees your long term success.

Personally I'd be very careful about pasting misleading or false information about titles around - it wouldn't be the first time a publisher has sued.
  • LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited December 2016
    simon155 said:

Personally I'd be very careful about pasting misleading or false information about titles around - it wouldn't be the first time a publisher has sued.
    You mean companies like 'Digital Homicide'? omg!

(Source: http://kotaku.com/game-developer-sues-100-anonymous-steam-users-for-18-m-1786721306  )
    We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    simon155 said:

Firstly: Following launch, there will be NO STORE or legal financial means to get a leg up in the world.

Secondly: The only options for additional funding BEFORE launch are to change your "Starting Station", goods etc in society. They have confirmed COUNTLESS times that if you for example back as a king, there is NOTHING to prevent a duke from one day ousting you and taking over your kingdom. There are many routes to power in CoE, and your starting position by NO MEANS guarantees your long term success.

I don't think your tactic is one that most people are receptive to.  I must point out that so far the critics here have mostly talked about the game, while the COE community has resorted to personal attacks, cursing, and now threatening legal action about posts...

That said I am ALWAYS willing to correct anything I might say that is inaccurate.  Please point me to exactly what i said that was incorrect (and why) and I will be happy to look at it and change it if needed.  I offered the same to your CEO but so far have not heard back.  Always willing to listen!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited December 2016
    Looking at the inaccuracies and misquotes in this thread I can only assume the posters are some sad fan-boys of a failing MMO, which CoE will most likely be the nail in the coffin for.
    edited December 2016
    simon155 said:

I don't think your tactic is one that most people are receptive to.  I must point out that so far the critics here have mostly talked about the game, while the COE community has resorted to personal attacks, cursing, and now threatening legal action about posts...

That said I am ALWAYS willing to correct anything I might say that is inaccurate.  Please point me to exactly what i said that was incorrect (and why) and I will be happy to look at it and change it if needed.  I offered the same to your CEO but so far have not heard back.  Always willing to listen!

You post garbage, misleading quotes and inaccuracies and talk to me of tactics people are receptive to? What planet are you on? Posting misleading information and stupidity does not equate to "talking about the game". It just makes you look like a troll, a conclusion anyone who has looked into the game seriously has probably long since reached. In regards to legal action, pick up your bottom lip and deal with anything that needs correcting. Otherwise, that's your problem.

But let's look on the bright side - the more the game is talked about and the more disagreement there is, the more people will look into it themselves. The bottom line will most likely be more backers, and whatever failed MMO you're trying to prop up yourself will fail.

In regards to pointing out what you've said that was inaccurate, start by scrolling up and reading the post you just replied to. Yeah I'm listening to you too...... As for their CEO replying to you, personally I don't think he should bother giving you the time of day. He has more important things and people to deal with. Expecting every game company's CEO to spend their time pandering to over demanding community members it just silly. If you're that attention starved, you need to take it up with your parents.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This Pathfinder Online all over again...
    Glad to see those specifics...   O.o

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited December 2016
    Even if this game ever does eventually get made, it won't be with any of my money.

Even worse than being able to spend big bucks and buy kingdoms and "position" and goods before launch, is the admission from the CEO that they would fully allow RMT transactions between players, which would result in AFK scripted gold farmers everywhere that company will refuse to remove.

Gold farmers/sellers have gone a long way to ruin games when companies would step in to stop them, but to explicitly allow RMT and gold farmers? No thank you.

Perhaps this game should be released in S.Korea instead of the West, they actually like RMT games there....

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    simon155 said:
     which CoE will most likely be the nail in the coffin for.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok let's close the thread right here there is nothing left to say.
    This person just won the internet.
    Harbinger of Fools

Oh you want specifics. Ok.. looking at your title which was "Discussion / Developer has no objection to allowing high donating players have GM accounts. Not P2W... LOL"...

Firstly, as he clarified on his thread, he is not planning for backers to buy GM accounts, so that sentence is wrong.

Secondly, the game isn't P2W.

That said, I don't see anything in your title that's actually right, leading me to believe you're just an idiot trolling.

simon155 said:

Oh you want specifics. Ok.. looking at your title which was "Discussion / Developer has no objection to allowing high donating players have GM accounts. Not P2W... LOL"...

Firstly, as he clarified on his thread, he is not planning for backers to buy GM accounts, so that sentence is wrong.

That said, I don't see anything in your title that's actually right, leading me to believe you're just an idiot trolling.

Actually those were his very words as listed in the OP:

Caspien " While I have no plan to do so... I have no objection to allowing the highly influential players to log off of their primary accounts and log in under a GM account to RP a Vice/Virtue."

Please see my post halfway down page 3 where I discuss this with Caspien, acknowledge that he said he has no CURRENT plans to do so and ask him to rule it our unequivocally in the future.

Keep on with the personal insults.  I personally don't think it helps your argument at all, but I do think it gives a great look at your community.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    simon155 said:
    Looking at the inaccuracies and misquotes in this thread I can only assume the posters are some sad fan-boys of a failing MMO, which CoE will most likely be the nail in the coffin for.
    Not at all, "haters" usually give every new game the same treatment.

Very likely they don't strongly support any MMORPG, allows them to be "fair and balanced" towards everyone. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

simon155 said:

Actually those were his very words as listed in the OP:

Caspien " While I have no plan to do so... I have no objection to allowing the highly influential players to log off of their primary accounts and log in under a GM account to RP a Vice/Virtue."

Please see my post halfway down page 3 where I discuss this with Caspien, acknowledge that he said he has no CURRENT plans to do so and ask him to rule it our unequivocally in the future.

Keep on with the personal insults.  I personally don't think it helps your argument at all, but I do think it gives a great look at your community.

It's a shame your attention span is so short you feel it's ok to quote an earlier, later clarified posting, which illustrated that that very quote was misleading and not something he plans to do.

The fact remains that posting is incorrect, and you have now publicly been informed of the fact numerous times.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    simon155 said:
    I've seen this thread on the forum, and he has QUITE CLEARLY stated on there that it was a subject for discussion. He has also stated in a later post that he has no plans to allow players to log in under GM accounts. It's very easy to read half a discussion thread, without looking at clarifications or outcomes.

As such, your posting risks LEGAL PROCEEDINGS. If you're planning to help fund the game this is not the way to go about it...

Unlike many boring MMO clones out there, SBS are making something completely new. The world is intended to be completely "fair" to all players, but by no means to they promote equality. If you work your way up the ranks, you WILL be more powerful and influential than those around you. There are risks and there are rewards. The world is dynamic. You will age, have children and an inheritance. There are NPCs too, and up to 100k players. Guesses around the size of the world suggest anything in the range of 512 "2/3 skyrim sized counties", but we'll have to wait and see. There will be finite resources, and recycling. There will be contract systems and the ability to maintain law, but also the opportunity to break it and face the consequences when you're caught. There will be player built houses, settlements, exploration, adventure and more. It's no surprise then that they actively keep the community informed and if they discover shortcomings and issues, they work around them to develop another solution. It's currently looking very interesting.

Yes cause they have loads of cash to waste on legal in a case they would ultimately lose....

Hmm are you a comedian?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

simon155 said:

The fact remains that posting is incorrect, and you have now publicly been informed of the fact numerous times.
    And you have been informed several times that it's a 1:1 quote.
    Additionally he did post the corrected quote as well.

Nothing is misleading here, you are just making things up.

Frankly this project is slowly moving away from Pathfinder Online and more turning into a new Greedmonger instead.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:
    so much drama... over a game that may never even see launch day.

What part of "I tied up a lot of cash in something that might never see the light of day so now I must defend it with my life against even the slightest hint of negativity" do you not understand?

It's 2016 man... get with the program :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    so much drama... over a game that may never even see launch day.

What part of "I tied up a lot of cash in something that might never see the light of day so now I must defend it with my life against even the slightest hint of negativity" do you not understand?

It's 2016 man... get with the program :)
    If I didn't already have a quote in my signature I would make this it...

Thanks for making my day!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I might be missing something here, but ultimately someone would be a GM, right? So what's the difference with allowing someone to pay to be a GM and just anointing someone as a GM?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    CrazKanuk said:
    I might be missing something here, but ultimately someone would be a GM, right? So what's the difference with allowing someone to pay to be a GM and just anointing someone as a GM?
    Oh IDK... the expectation that a GM would be a fair and impartial company employee? It's all I got.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Iselin said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Oh IDK... the expectation that a GM would be a fair and impartial company employee? It's all I got.

Honestly? If there is a balance issue in the game, regardless who you allow to make decisions with regards to balance or in-game issues, there will always be someone who take offence to your decision. I have no problem with allowing players to be GMs, and it wouldn't be the first time. It sounds like the expectation is that these GMs would somehow be set loose without any sort of leash. That's sort of what I was trying to figure out, like whether people actually believed that GMs would not be monitored. To be perfectly honest, this seems blown out of proportion to me. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Iselin said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Honestly? If there is a balance issue in the game, regardless who you allow to make decisions with regards to balance or in-game issues, there will always be someone who take offence to your decision. I have no problem with allowing players to be GMs, and it wouldn't be the first time. It sounds like the expectation is that these GMs would somehow be set loose without any sort of leash. That's sort of what I was trying to figure out, like whether people actually believed that GMs would not be monitored. To be perfectly honest, this seems blown out of proportion to me. 
    I said it before and I'll say it again.
    GM Discord - a vet like you surely remembers him.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited December 2016
    CrazKanuk said:
    Iselin said:
    CrazKanuk said:

In addition as it has been stated several times in this thread by Caspain himself. There is no plan to allow players to acquire GM positions by pledging or otherwise. Talk about tunnel vision folks. It was a comment made in jest!
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    CrazKanuk said:
    Iselin said:
    CrazKanuk said:

In addition as it has been stated several times in this thread by Caspain himself. There is no plan to allow players to acquire GM positions by pledging or otherwise. Talk about tunnel vision folks. It was a comment made in jest!
    What part was made in jest? That he thinks it would be fine for influential players to be GMs or that the game won't implement that?